Happy to be here!

I've been wearing heels/"women's" shoes for nearly 20 years. My public outings were always limited to the local state park in the off season. I have found a few spots there that offer privacy but a sense of openness to satisfy  my desire to wear in public.  My current collection  is limited to 2 pairs of shoes. I have a strappy leather pair of flat sandals and a pair of faux suede platforms with a peeptoe and ankle strap. I'm hoping for that to grow soon. 

After reading everyone's experiences I got bold. I was going to wear my heels in full view in public. My goal was to walk in to a store and  try on a pair of shoes. To make the process easier I removed the ankle strap but that allowed the heel to slip. So I settled for plan B and went to the nearest mall 45 minutes away and walked in wearing  my sandals with my metallic navy colored toes on display. I saw some looks but never any comments. The saleswoman in Dillard's was awesome. There were a few times I felt conscious of my feet but I really relaxed a bit by the end. Had I been in heels that might have been different lol. But I walked the whole mall and a couple stores in the neighborhood  also. Was a little over an hour altogether. Looking forward  to going again. 

Welcome to the group. Depending on the park, wearing heels would most likely not be the normal shoe for 'a walk in the park'. I've gone shopping at the big mall in South Bend a few times (can't remember the name) on my travels through there. If your near, I'll let you know if I'm going to be in the neighborhood.

Edited by Heelster

I'm about halfway  between  Cincinnati  and Louisville.  My last outing was in Clarksville IN at the Greentree  mall. I think my next trip will be the Florence mall in Florence KY. 

And I don't actually  go for a "walk in the park" lol. I go to a couple of the more secluded picnic areas and read or Web. 

That is a great intro Peeptoe. I have gone out a few times myself in heels. Some of the heels I have are more comfortable to wear long term than others. The ones with the chunk heels are easier on my feet as there is more area under the heel to stabilize with and a lower heel which is less stressful on the toes. I can walk around in 4" heels but my toes can only take them for a couple of hours at the most. I've worn my 2" heels all day with no issues at all. I did have a 1" wedge heel shoe but the sole cracked open so they went into file 13 for recycling. I'd love to find another pair with a thicker sole that I care wear more regularly, those I had problems with my feet getting wet when it rained since the sole was fairly thin.

• Like 1

Peeptoe.....  Hi there, welcome to the site.  I have worn gals shoes since I was a teen (a long time ago) and about 20 years ago I made the "jump" to wearing heels and never looked back.  The best way to get used to wearing heels in public is to just get out and do it.  Yes, you will be nervous at first, but that gets better each time you get out.  For the most part most folks don't notice or care what you are wearing, but sometimes you even get a compliment!  

For those of us that are so inclined, wearing high heels is enjoyable, so get out there and have fun.     Take care...  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 30 May 2016 at 11:35 AM, Peeptoe said:

My current collection  is limited to 2 pairs of shoes. I'm hoping for that to grow soon. 

Welcome to the site. 

confidence is the big thing  then youll realise the best place to hide is out in the open. Enjoy

im sure that like most of us your collection will GROW and grow and grow.......

James

• Like 2

Regards

James