The Wonder of Women's Clothes

JeffB

KneeBooted,

That looks like it will work well for you and really should blend in. I see you appear well and are not living in a van as I've read a number of tech people are doing. I sure hope all the finance numbers work out for you and your wife in your new surroundings.  Keep hitting your stride!  HinH

• 2 weeks later...

So since I got the T-shirt from Old Navy, ive had a desire to start looking more in the “women’s” section at clothing stores. My pants are all from that side of the store, so I figure I’ll look for some more tops. Specifically I have been on the lookout for a new jacket.

Ive had a specific idea in mind, and it’s something like a knit jacket that’s not hooded, full front zip and pockets. I kind of like the moto styling, but the problem that I’ve run into is that none of the shops I’ve been in have anything of the sort, unless it’s a $100 or more jacket.

I have looked on Poshmark to get some ideas, but the trouble is finding something similar currently in a store. Because tops are new to me, there are so many different possible fits and sizes, that a large in one brand might fit like a medium in another. I have ventured over to sites like Macy’s to view their online catalog since they have a good return policy, but there were over 1000 jackets, and it wasn’t easy to filter down to some of the options I was looking for.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You might look at the clearance online, Last Act at a Macy's, Express, watch for sales, ... 

About 60% of my tops and jackets started in the women's section. I found I fit about 95% of the mediums, size 10 and some size 8. But I also sometimes buy larges, especially if I'm going to layer items and I want that to be the outside layer. So you see it not that easy. There are more options to think about.

Women have shorter torsos, so look for Tall items unless you want to show your midriff. :wink:

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2