men in heels

tina

13 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Often than not we don't know how  people will react to a male dressed up in feminine attire and heels.  Once you experienced a horrible incident because what your wearing didn't agree with a particular strangers fashion senses or perceptions what a male should dress like.  You survived that test,  not crying, running away or fall  hiding in a fetal position then after anyone's stares or comments will be easier to cope with. Sooner or later you will find when people do comment it will be positive often than not unless you dress horribly mismatched masculine wardrobe  that contrasts opposite with heels. 

Even if you do present yourself "dress horribly mismatched masculine wardrobe that contrasts opposite with heels" as some of us do, surviving a negative encounter is a self perpetuating confidence booster.  If there is a lesson in the encounter (unfavorable location, looking embarrassed, ...) learn from it.

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

You are so right, "surviving" and unpleasant encounter can surely be a confidence builder.  You realize it was not the big deal you thought it would be, and remind yourself that the negative comments probably are coming from guys who secretly desire to wear heels, they just don't have your courage and confidence!

a number of men, who wear heels secretly like me, have zero confidence to wear them in public, and most of the negativity is in are minds, most people in public, will not care if you are wearing red pumps, I'm only starting to buy more shoes now, but I will take it slowly on the public heeling, when I found this forum back in 2005, it was my answer, my heeling will get bigger when I move out of my parents house,  not one person knows about my heeling, but talking to heel wearing guys who do wear out in public does make me feel more comfortable, I

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rick24 said:

a number of men, who wear heels secretly like me, have zero confidence to wear them in public, and most of the negativity is in are minds, most people in public, will not care if you are wearing red pumps, I'm only starting to buy more shoes now, but I will take it slowly on the public heeling, when I found this forum back in 2005, it was my answer, my heeling will get bigger when I move out of my parents house,  not one person knows about my heeling, but talking to heel wearing guys who do wear out in public does make me feel more comfortable, I

I'm sure happy this site found you!  I understand totally buddy, take your time.  Things will get a bit easier once you move out and are on your own.  If I can do one good thing before I die, it will be to help a younger guy avoid all the internal struggle and lack of confidence I wasted so many years of my life "self punishing"....

I know we can be our own worst enemies when it comes to thinking "everybody out there will be looking and judging us".  Like you say, most people are way to busy to notice our shoes...I hope you find a friend that enjoys wearing heels as well, makes things so much easier, confidence in numbers I guess...

Take care of yourself buddy

Don

3 hours ago, pebblesf said:

If I can do one good thing before I die, it will be to help a younger guy avoid all the internal struggle and lack of confidence I wasted so many years of my life "self punishing"....

Yeah but if you do that you'll reduce the hard earned freedom that will feel when they are finally emancipated from their own internal demons.

Just kidding. :angel:

But there have to be some struggles and failures... that the only way we really learn so don't go too easy on them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

19 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I'm sure happy this site found you!  I understand totally buddy, take your time.  Things will get a bit easier once you move out and are on your own.  If I can do one good thing before I die, it will be to help a younger guy avoid all the internal struggle and lack of confidence I wasted so many years of my life "self punishing"....

I know we can be our own worst enemies when it comes to thinking "everybody out there will be looking and judging us".  Like you say, most people are way to busy to notice our shoes...I hope you find a friend that enjoys wearing heels as well, makes things so much easier, confidence in numbers I guess...

Take care of yourself buddy

Don

I couldn't have said it better myself Don!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

i normally wear extreme heels for charity walks but after i spent a whole month in a pair of 4 inch platforms and found out that heels helped releave the pain in my back i decided to do a bit of hunting around for some masculine looking heels.  i now where a pair of boots with a 2.75'' block heel on a daily basis, normally with jeans.  what i would really like is a pair of peeptoe boots that are not very girly looking for summer wear but finding a pair of uk10 is not very easy.  I have come across a pair but im not too keen on them.  below are pictures of my current heels as well as the peeptoe boots i have seen.  whats the opinions on the peeptoe boots

DSCF0451.JPG

peeptoe.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/11/2016 at 8:00 PM, pebblesf said:
On 9/13/2016 at 2:30 AM, Rick24 said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves people do care what others wear don't be fooled. Only when someone stands out of the ordinary looking horrific or attractive we set some judgement upon them. 

Was recently at a local street festival where people mingled, ate local cuisine, rode carnival rides with kids and families. Most people  if not all wore shorts, sneakers, sandals my keen observation what the ladies wore. Seen one female in a printed loose dress wearing platform beige five or six inch stilettos pushing her baby carriage similar to what our member cat photos showed he would be proud .. She was quickly recognized  easily stood out from the crowd. Thought to myself she was way too overdressed for casual Sunday afternoon at a closed busy street block festival.  While many didn't stare pointing fingers or laughing upon her wearing heels in such a casual setting many had to notice. 

Even had comments i overheard some observations made of my appearance, apparently from couple single ladies looking me over at the street festival as i strolled passed.  Was wearing nothing out of the ordinary but had dark tan which they commented among themselves. 

So what i'm trying to get across is wearing heels is suppose to simply attract attention, from people be it on a female wearing it or us guys. So you have to want attention, good or bad, because no matter what, your going to get it. If you're shy or hate others watching over you, then heels isn't the type of footwear to wear. So your mindset has to be either oblivious to what others are observing over your footwear and attire. Or you have to want or needing the attention like the Kardashians. People taking your photo like paparazzi of disbelief and rarity site of a male in heels.    

Had a older posh tanned woman today i've seen for years but recently stayed apart for many months. She closely observed me getting into my car at the gym parking lot as she made herself out of her car. Her long stare was intriguing to me because normally doesn't pay much attention in the gym.  While i had on short cutoff denim shorts and white sneakers with red short t-shirt. I began to think what if, wow, hmm,  just showing off my smooth toned tan legs got this older woman gawking. What if i had on six inch heels open toe sandals what would i thought to being stared upon by this woman's reaction? Would i be self-conscious thinking she is staring at my heels or would i think she admires, amazed of my tan smooth legs or both?

Either way i would of gotten a reaction heels or not only my mindset has to interpret the meaning of her glaring stare. My conclusion hoping she would be amazed either way how i styled myself. 

Edited by MackyHeels

On 15/09/2016 at 2:16 AM, hoborob said:

Hello KrazyKev I really do like the PeepToe heels that you posted the picture of, I am curious as to who makes them and if they are still available. The booties you are wearing are nice as well.

Here is the link for the peeptoes.  they are as far as i know unbranded.  im still waiting for them to arrive.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322194163045?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=511100656148&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

this is the link to the boots im wearing at the moment.  take not that the sizings are not true.  regard the UK sizes as being US sizes.  im a UK10 and i had to order a UK12 as they are 2 sizes smaller than stated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291550584242?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=590605300154&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The shoes are great, but the butt crack shot will get your fingers slapped! You need to keep it clean!

What brand and so forth are the shoes? Nice to share the info about them too.

Edited by Pumped

What you wear is an extension and presentation of yourself. I have a friend that likes to wear pokemon stocking caps complete with ears etc. Do people look at him because of it? yep...he doesn't care and probably likes it a bit at times. 

Nothing tells us we have to fit in any norm of gender presentation, you can dress slightly feminine, slightly masculine or change it up every day. Nobody will stop you and it is your right.

• Like 2

I usually work around at home with a 5 or 6 inch heel but a 1-2 each platform (see pics). I got some 4 inch boots that are nice to wear on colder days. 

From what I can see gender is changing from the old binary view to a broader range, more like a spectrum. It has begun to change but it will take more time, whether it be in my life time or the next generation.

IMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5082.JPG

• Like 5

I do like the red/black transition pair - - but I'm not likely to wear those casually around the house.

I've been sticking to high wedges and block style heels around here. Easier on the hardwood floors, and work better in the garage and occasionally, the gravel driveway. When it gets too hot in the summer, denim mini's and strappy sandals are the go to items.

Wife still thinks I'm off my rocker, but since she is short, I get the task of reaching the top shelf items since I have my elevators on. 

• 3 weeks later...

BFGheels I have the same pair of red/black heels. I also have a pair of black/blue shoes. I am new to this site and not sure how to post/share my pictures. Anyway I love your shoes.

0419171311-1.jpg

Edited by Stoney3057
Add photo
  • Like 3