men in heels

tina

Aristoc, awesome shoes and boots, very cool...  and Xtreme Heels, love the height of the heels in those shots, very impressive!

My going out, all day heels are mostly in the 4-5” range.  I do have several in the 5.25-6.5” range but those sadly stay in the house.

Edited by hhboots
Typo
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, xlheel said:

Mostly use block heels with my man clothes, like the attached pictures

14cm_blokheel_oxford2.jpg

aldo_thawen.jpg

Elisabetta_Franchi.jpg

sopily_brown.jpg

first  & third pair i just love hun

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎24 at 3:18 PM, xlheel said:

Mostly use block heels with my man clothes, like the attached pictures

14cm_blokheel_oxford2.jpg

aldo_thawen.jpg

Elisabetta_Franchi.jpg

sopily_brown.jpg

I like all of them but my favourite would be the first pair with the black jeans followed very close by the last pair!!!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

Core Collection 4.25 inch.JPGCore Collection 4.25 inch (2).JPGCore Collection 4.25 inch (3).JPGCore Collection 4.25 inch with Fishnet stockings.JPG

Just spent a couple of nights walking in public in these heels. Male outer clothing ***INFO REMOVED***. On the street I received plenty of looks but no adverse comments. I was in a mini market where the staff paid no attention to my heels, though it was obvious I was wearing them by the sound, and when asked,were of the opinion that it was not their place to comment on me wearing them. Very grateful to them for their discretion and attitude, especially the girl called Sue. Sadly I broke a toe strap at a filling station on the way home,therefore my favorite shoes had to be disposed of.

Is the attitude to men wearing heels in public changing?

Edited by Tech
Totally uneccessary adult info

57 minutes ago, barryl said:

Sadly I broke a toe strap at a filling station on the way home,therefore my favourite shoes had to be disposed of.

Did the strap actually break or did it just detach from the sole?  I can easily be reattached with some epoxy.

In a different post you said you were having to give up heeling.  That's a tough thing to do so I wish you well.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Good looking heels but if from China not overly surprised the strap broke. As far as people not saying anything, well not surprised. I just got back from a bar restaurant and even with 5 inch heels nobody said anything but a lot did notice. It's obvious by just looking around. 

Why the hell do you guys feel the need to ask store staff what they think of your shoes? That really is soooo creepy.

They see a guy come into their store, they WILL notice what you are wearing, but then you go and ask them what they think of your heels!!!

Seriously.. That is the point where it turns weird..

If they ask you, happily/playfully etc then sure, go for it, but to put it on them is just going to creep them out. (IMHO)

I say that based on the amount of guys that have ZERO dress sense and just look a mess when they wear heels.

This "and when asked,were of the opinion that it was not their place to comment on me wearing them" screams of akward and "I'd rather not be honest"..

If somebody looks great, nobody is going to say, when asked, "its not my place to comment"...

Its a polite way of telling somebody you look like crap, but your spending money in our store and I have bills to pay..

Jeeze...

• Like 4

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

When I shop for high heels, I don't need to know what concerns or opinions others have. I'm looking for some service to help me find or get the pair(s) that beckons to my taste and desire. Should the sales person/staff offer some encouraging words, it does sweeten the air and makes me feel more comfortable in returning for more shopping. I may even wear a pair of the heels from one of my former purchases with them, which generally encourages better service. 

Now I believe this thread is about showing the heels you're comfortable wearing in public. I have many heights ranging from 3.5" to 6", but for going out I wear 4 & 4.5 inches stilettos, like these GUCCI SOFIAS:

$T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGkzBQGZ0EUizg~~60_57.jpg

Edited by Histiletto
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Histiletto said:

When I shop for high heels, I don't need to know what concerns or opinions others have. I'm looking for some service to help me find or get the pair(s) that beckons to my taste and desire. Should the sales person/staff offer some encouraging words, it does sweeten the air and makes me feel more comfortable in returning for more shopping. I may even wear a pair of the heels from one of my former purchases with them, which generally encourages better service. 

Now I believe this thread is about showing the heels you're comfortable wearing in public. I have many heights ranging from 3.5" to 6", but for going out I wear 4 & 4.5 inches stilettos, like these GUCCI SOFIAS:

Very nice!!!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

On 7/10/2016 at 0:14 AM, Histiletto said:

Nice heels - height is out of my 3-4" range, but I like the cut of the shoe - quite nice.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Rick24 said:

I would love to go out, with a pair of over the knee stiletto boots, but sadly for straight guys like me, it can never happen.

I am always puzzled by the perception that a guy who wears knee boots, never mind stilettos, must be gay. I know a number of gay guys and not a one of them, to my knowledge wears stiletto knee boots.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rick24 said:

I would love to go out, with a pair of over the knee stiletto boots, but sadly for straight guys like me, it can never happen.

This is a head game.  If you can see yourself wearing a pair of OTK boots with stiletto heels like @aristoc shared with us:

then you can wear them.  It really is that simple.  You have to like the image you see in a full length mirror and I mean really like the look you are presenting.  Once you can see yourself looking that good you will have the confidence to wear them out and about because you are wearing something that looks good.  You will project that confidence and folks will respect it.  By the way, once that lesson is learned, it will work in all other aspects of your life.

Advice from one straight guy to another.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On August 22, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Rick24 said:

Your comment must be for you not in general.   I am a 100 percent straight guy with a fabulous girlfriend for years that has supported my heeling all along.  if you look at my albums you will see I am a guy wearing heels that's it.  Here are a couple of pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by CAT
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

your right, there is more advantage for men who wear heels in public than being stuck at home, for the men who wear outside, it makes it easy for the dating scene, for the one's that wear at home only, it can be a huge disadvantage for us, many straight guys wish to wear heels, and many suppress it, and there are the ones that don't wear in public, its easy for women to say that guys should be themselves and be open and wear what you what, but that's just words, you have more too gain wearing in public than wearing in secret, most people won't stare or point or care if you are a guy wearing tight men's jeans, with a pair of thigh boots from top-shop,  people today don't care but if you tell them or they see you wearing heels, there like; oh I did not know he wore heels or he is not the sort who wears them; that is what they would say, women don't understand that a mans world is not an easy life, because they say we have privilege, but that's a myth, this is 2016 but what equal rights do men have now, nothing.

• Like 2

So true...There is nothing more liberating than wearing heels publicly...It is all about confidence, but this is so much easier said than done for sure!  We tend to be our "own worst enemies" when it comes to public heeling.  We always seem to think all eyes will be focused on our heels, which makes us more self conscious, which leads to fumbling about which surely can attract unwanted attention!  I have improved somewhat over the years, but still have a long way to go before I had the confidence to tuck my tight levis inside my boot shafts and hit the mall! 

I am always looking for boot buds, going public with a buddy makes things easier, confidence in numbers I guess. 

5 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I have improved somewhat over the years, but still have a long way to go before I had the confidence to tuck my tight levis inside my boot shafts and hit the mall! 

Don't wait too long... you only get one go at this.  Times have changed and it is a lot easier to heel in public (folks are much more tolerant now days).

• Like 1

Go ahead and do it, you will find you will get more compliments than you think and not many if any negative comments.   More people than you think want to see and or want guys to wear heels.  Have a great time and enjoy the rush!!!!!

On 9/5/2016 at 0:46 AM, Rick24 said:

your right, there is more advantage for men who wear heels in public than being stuck at home, for the men who wear outside, it makes it easy for the dating scene, for the one's that wear at home only, it can be a huge disadvantage for us, many straight guys wish to wear heels, and many suppress it, and there are the ones that don't wear in public, its easy for women to say that guys should be themselves and be open and wear what you what, but that's just words, you have more too gain wearing in public than wearing in secret, most people won't stare or point or care if you are a guy wearing tight men's jeans, with a pair of thigh boots from top-shop,  people today don't care but if you tell them or they see you wearing heels, there like; oh I did not know he wore heels or he is not the sort who wears them; that is what they would say, women don't understand that a mans world is not an easy life, because they say we have privilege, but that's a myth, this is 2016 but what equal rights do men have now, nothing.

It all depends who you surround yourself with. If people you see on a daily basis are old fashion and backward thinking  then your premise is correct.  Often than not we don't know how  people will react to a male dressed up in feminine attire and heels.  Once you experienced a horrible incident because what your wearing didn't agree with a particular strangers fashion senses or perceptions what a male should dress like.  You survived that test,  not crying, running away or fall  hiding in a fetal position then after anyone's stares or comments will be easier to cope with. Sooner or later you will find when people do comment it will be positive often than not unless you dress horribly mismatched masculine wardrobe  that contrasts opposite with heels. 

Funny that you wrote woman often say for a male to be themselves. Had exact phrase said to me from a older married woman intrigued on why i don't show up at a pool anymore. She telling me concluding don't be intimidated from others be yourself. Little did she know and soon finds out i was reprimanded not wearing enough coverage using the pool. Certain females must of complained seeing me wearing thong swimwear. Anytime that particular woman who gave me the advice  being myself, did stare chuckling, with rest of the woman, watching me closely showering on the pool deck. Doubt most women at the pool  would feel comfortable watching me wear what i feel comfortable and being myself in what could be described as very provocative thong swimwear leaving nothing to the imagination. Let me put it another way if the woman seen me entirely nude not much would shock them seeing anything they didn't notice with my original swimwear on. 

What the deal was or is, i certainly like to show off my body, proud on how it looks entirely. This brings uncomfortable reactions or thoughts to a woman's mind on what they can't help themselves from seeing. Thus i'm asked to wear more when using the pool. Trying to be myself doesn't cut it because i've  been directed to cover up yet legal what i  wear as swimwear.  Not wanting to fight the request to wear more i decided to exile myself from ever using the pool. Private pools can arrange any sort of uniform standard so i appeased the request but aching to dip myself into the pool with a more modest coverage thong that i wore before. 

Edited by MackyHeels