New High Heels for Men from Syro

mtnsofheels

Greetings All, I just got a "PreOrder Sales Note" from Solestruck in Portland Oregon about some high heels for men from a company called "Syro". They have 5 styles, 4 booties and 1 pair of platform pumps in sizes up to 14. The wedge Boots look similar to the ones Rick Owen produced some time ago that Rock Pup purchased. I am intrigued by the pumps and have ordered a pair for delivery in June.

Here is a link to the Solestruck page.., What do guys think?

http://www.solestruck.com/mens/

Mtnsofheels!

Hmm... looked at the different styles... most of them look way too much "Jeffrey Campbell" to me - the platform simply is too high, the shoes look out of proportion. Maybe as a 15 year old, yes, but at age 30 or 40... no, thank you. The wedges looked similar to the Rick Owens ones at first, but then again... platform too high.

I don't like shoes that are too pointed, so "George" is also out. That leaves "Chad" is the only remainder, which also leaves me torn. On the one hand, I've seen a similar style by certain designers (reminds me a little of YSL Tribtoo), but then again, this style is probably more geared towards the fetish oriented. Not saying that it cannot look great, but I just imagine someone starting to wear heels, and then starting out with such a pair. This will probably look like this :roll:.

Also from a structural/technical point of view: The heel of "Chad" is placed at the very back of the shoe, so in terms of stability, it is more prone to break. Unless they have used great materials, at a size > 10 mens (and the corresponding weight) they will probably face a lot of complaints about breaking heels.

Why not put up some heels for men that show a bit more class? Less platform, less "chunkiness" would make these shoes look so much better.

I applaud them for bringing out shoes for men, but I hope that they add styles that are more wearable.

Edited by freestyle75

On 2016-05-06 at 4:05 PM, freestyle75 said:

Hmm... looked at the different styles... most of them look way too much "Jeffrey Campbell" to me - the platform simply is too high, the shoes look out of proportion. Maybe as a 15 year old, yes, but at age 30 or 40... no, thank you. The wedges looked similar to the Rick Owens ones at first, but then again... platform too high.

I don't like shoes that are too pointed, so "George" is also out. That leaves "Chad" is the only remainder, which also leaves me torn. On the one hand, I've seen a similar style by certain designers (reminds me a little of YSL Tribtoo), but then again, this style is probably more geared towards the fetish oriented. Not saying that it cannot look great, but I just imagine someone starting to wear heels, and then starting out with such a pair. This will probably look like this :roll:.

Also from a structural/technical point of view: The heel of "Chad" is placed at the very back of the shoe, so in terms of stability, it is more prone to break. Unless they have used great materials, at a size > 10 mens (and the corresponding weight) they will probably face a lot of complaints about breaking heels.

Why not put up some heels for men that show a bit more class? Less platform, less "chunkiness" would make these shoes look so much better.

I applaud them for bringing out shoes for men, but I hope that they add styles that are more wearable.

I agree Freestyle that styles are not optimal for seasoned high heelers like ourselves however it is great that a company has brought in shoes for men and in sizes that many can order. If anything it is a great step forward and that I am happy about. I am lucky to find sizes in women's shoes so I can find many shoes, but for many guys this gives them some choice. Jeffrey Campbell is certainly on his own style and has done well for his business, but not always classy, but both you and i have access to some fine women's sized shoes so we are lucky. It will be interesting to see if they come out with more styles for sure..

Edited by mtnsofheels

• 5 weeks later...

The Syro Chad appeals to me. I like a couple of additional color choices, however; a black patent and a nude/nude patent. Although, right now, I'm not in a position to spend 139.00 dollars for a pair of heels. I wonder if I could get a review pair(s) If I contacted them.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

No harm in trying. But put yourself in their place. If you just ask for a review pair, the answer will almost assuredly be no. What would make them say yes? Your marketing background (everybody has sold other people on ideas, concepts and real stuff). You're a fashion forward male and you often wear heels in public (enclose a photo). Your connection with hundreds or thousands of other males who wear heels via this and other forums. And maybe a creative approach...you'll pay full price but if you can convince others who mention seeing your review, the company will give you a rebate up to X dollars. Or maybe they'll just give you a discount up front of $20-40 and you'll save a little money. Think what it would take to make you give away or sell at a discount a relatively expensive pair of heels in order to get uncertain but possible future sales, and capitalize on that. Good luck!

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mtnsofheels said:

Yes, I have ordered a pair them and they are waiting for me once I get back home. will be able to report back about in about 5 days. Looking forward to them.

Cool, thanks!  While I like a couple of the styles, and would like to support a new designer making men's heels, it's really going to come down to fit and finish to justify the cost for me.

I ordered the George when they were first offered, and got them a couple of weeks ago.  I really like them, especially since I couldn't find a pair of the SL French 85's, which I think these resemble.  The removable strap is cool, I think.  I try to support any designer that makes heels for men, so I was happy to order these. and happier to get them.

Hi all, well I finally opened my order of Syro "Chad's" from Solestruck. They looked very good but when I tried them on I ran into a sizing issue. The shoes did not fit in fact they felt like a size 8 in womens and not mens. I take a size 41 and have ordered successfully from Solestruck before with no issue, but these are not sized correctly and small. Now as a twist in the story, I also got a notice that Solestruck has closed its doors, really! they were a good store I felt. But so suddenly there are gone. I am waiting to hear from an email address about returning my shoes for a new size. So I am at a stalemate as to what will happen now, I have found a direct contact to Syro and hopefully that will produce some replies. So at this point I hope see some sort resolution. I also reread a bunch of promo's about Syro which one stated "Solestruck has created its own shoeline, Syro".  Hmmm will report back when I find out more details.

1 hour ago, mtnsofheels said:

Hi all, well I finally opened my order of Syro "Chad's" from Solestruck. They looked very good but when I tried them on I ran into a sizing issue. The shoes did not fit in fact they felt like a size 8 in womens and not mens. I take a size 41 and have ordered successfully from Solestruck before with no issue, but these are not sized correctly and small. Now as a twist in the story, I also got a notice that Solestruck has closed its doors, really! they were a good store I felt. But so suddenly there are gone. I am waiting to hear from an email address about returning my shoes for a new size. So I am at a stalemate as to what will happen now, I have found a direct contact to Syro and hopefully that will produce some replies. So at this point I hope see some sort resolution. I also reread a bunch of promo's about Syro which one stated "Solestruck has created its own shoeline, Syro".  Hmmm will report back when I find out more details.

Interesting, indeed!  Yeah, Solestruck basically said, "We're going out of business in a week!" and that was it.  I would hope that Syro would accept the exchange, since Solestruck seemed like their big sales partner - and from what that promo may have revealed, run by the same money.

Edited by Lime15

I have sent them back today, Solestruck is honoring the return policy and forwarding me to purchase another size through the Syro website versus Solestruck. It will be all Okay, too bad about losing them though.