Theme Tune

Unfortunately the YouTube video in the link @meganiwish posted is not available in the USA.

------------------------------

To the question... Since "Hail to the Chief" is already taken :penitent:,

I kind of like "Day to Feel Alive" by Jack Reese.  Here is My Version.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It would be hard to pick just one option, but I do like this.

Edit:  I just thought of another great option...

Edited by ShoeDre
Adding extra information.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

11 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Unfortunately the YouTube video in the link @meganiwish posted is not available in the USA.

Sorry about that.  It was  The Lovecats by The Cure.  I thought it would give me a chance to strut.  It seems that you like to make a quiet and dignified entrance.  I approve of that.  You won't believe how shallow I'm feeling, though, ShoeDre, your contribution makes me wonder if my intent has been misunderstood.  Is that really the music you'd like playing as you enter the arena?

Thank you for joining in, though.  Keep them coming, chaps.  If you do, I'll change my theme tune as often as Amanda changes her avatar.

There are many reasons as to why the first option seemed great as a theme tune.  Depending on how you wish to use the music, a number of interesting possibilities arise.  As entrance music, it starts with, "Don't fret precious I'm here."  That amuses me.  Seeing the music as a descriptor that reflects my core beliefs, it sarcastically points to the necessity of questioning the world around us, never taking anything for granted.  Thirdly, the music itself reflects my normal calm, but volatile disposition.

The manic phase of the second piece reflects two different aspects of my nature.  I'm wildly unpredictable, edging on chaotic.  My philosophical outlook is ultra-postmodern, believing that the truth, just like God, is dead.  Following set patterns of behaviour without reason, is no different to acting random by reason.  The other aspect also speaks to trying to live by my philosophical views in a world that basically seems to be on auto-play.  At times, I am frightening to be around, because I don't follow the rules just because someone makes them.

I do think the way you referenced the term 'avatar' made me think of an audio descriptor, in the same way that in avatar is a pictorial descriptor.  Furthering that argument, the term 'theme tune', could sum-up the entity, in the same way that television shows introduce their content, or awaken the viewer, to a viable mood for enjoying the constituent substance.  It's easy to misunderstand a single paragraph, especially if you have an exceptional mind... Pun intended! LOL!

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

18 hours ago, meganiwish said:

Keep them coming, chaps.

What... the gals aren't aloud to have theme songs?  (:text_info:Remember this is a family site so David Rose's 1957 classic :rose: might not be appropriate. :penitent:)

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

10 hours ago, ShoeDre said:

There are many reasons as to why the first option seemed great as a theme tune.  Depending on how you wish to use the music, a number of interesting possibilities arise.  As entrance music, it starts with, "Don't fret precious I'm here."  That amuses me.  Seeing the music as a descriptor that reflects my core beliefs, it sarcastically points to the necessity of questioning the world around us, never taking anything for granted.  Thirdly, the music itself reflects my normal calm, but volatile disposition.

The manic phase of the second piece reflects two different aspects of my nature.  I'm wildly unpredictable, edging on chaotic.  My philosophical outlook is ultra-postmodern, believing that the truth, just like God, is dead.  Following set patterns of behaviour without reason, is no different to acting random by reason.  The other aspect also speaks to trying to live by my philosophical views in a world that basically seems to be on auto-play.  At times, I am frightening to be around, because I don't follow the rules just because someone makes them.

I do think the way you referenced the term 'avatar' made me think of an audio descriptor, in the same way that in avatar is a pictorial descriptor.  Furthering that argument, the term 'theme tune', could sum-up the entity, in the same way that television shows introduce their content, or awaken the viewer, to a viable mood for enjoying the constituent substance.  It's easy to misunderstand a single paragraph, especially if you have an exceptional mind... Pun intended! LOL!

Fair play.  You know yourself well and chose your music with care, which I appreciate.  Please accept my apology for doubting you.  It's a lot for an audience to take in, though, so you might need to make a slow entrance.

7 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

What... the gals aren't aloud to have theme songs?  (:text_info:Remember this is a family site so David Rose's 1957 classic :rose: might not be appropriate. :penitent:)

In Old English 'man' meant 'adult human regardless of sex'.  I consider 'chap' to mean the same.  I called my school chums 'chaps', and they were all girls.

I spent a lot of time on buses today, so my theme tune is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0nlygb1Qfw

12 hours ago, meganiwish said:

Fair play.  You know yourself well and chose your music with care, which I appreciate.  Please accept my apology for doubting you.  It's a lot for an audience to take in, though, so you might need to make a slow entrance.

Fair comment.  Personally, I sometimes think I need a slow entrance for myself.  Having read many of your posts, I get the idea, that you know what that may be like.

Now for today's theme...

22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Kodachrome, by Paul Simon

Good call, but you should give us the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpaNJqF4po

I'm PAYG, so I can't afford to do everyone's link for them.

I won a bottle of wine at the quiz tonight, and it all got drunk, so I'm probably Elvis Costello too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUAEb1EYvE