At home do you stay heeled all day?

jim102

Sorry to disappoint, my answer is no. The only time I've been wearing heels was when I ordered Saint Laurent booties that ran slightly small and I wanted to break them in using thicker socks.

I guess it very much depends on how much you are able to wear your heels outside. I regularly wear heels in my spare time to run errands, strolling along the major shopping streets or visiting events. Just this Monday (had a day off) I was heeling pretty much all day long and was happy that I had a full day to myself, but also happy when I could take the heels off later that day. I didn't really feel the need to put on heels at home.

Second reason why I don't heel at home is, because I rent an apartment that had just been built when I moved in and has beautiful untreated parquet (wooden) flooring (one reason why I rented it, it really looks remarkable). This floor is quite sensitive to scratch-marks and dents, and I don't want to try out whether my heels leave these marks on the floor (I have seen such dents caused by high heels at a friends' apartment). When I was breaking in the heels described above, I was just wearing them in the rooms where I've put larger carpets.

Other than spending time pairing shoes with outfits I plan to wear on future adventures (say, an hour or so), or trying on new shoes purchased from places like Payless, nope.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

jim102,

I have spent part of the day in heels at home or out doing errands or shopping. The longest I remember wearing heels continuously recently was when I visited Steve63130 and his wife who live in Ohio. I wore, I think, about 3 different types of heels, from high wedge sandals, to some platform sandals with stiletto heels, and some pumps from morning until well into the evening. If you love heels and are skilled at wearing them there is no reason you can't master wearing them all day just like women do.  HappyinHeels

I do wear them at home doing chores and whatever , just not mowing the lawn or changing brake pads on the car . I like to wear them vacuuming . This helps me practice and to break in new heels on different surfaces .   

Yes I do wear my heels all day long, girlfriend goes to work at 7:00 am and I spent all day in my heels until about 6-7 o'clock I go to my local shops, even down town if need be local garage for fuel etc, no problems so far, but I will say she is not keen on my heel wearing. But I am working on it..

David

life is not a rehearsal

I wear them when I can at home, which isn't that often unfortunately. Don't get problems with sore feet, but usually have a sore head. My house is 16th century and has some low beams, so being 6'3" in bare feet, and then forgetting I have heels on, often ends with some swearing! 

• Like 1

All the time. My neighbors think I am crazy my wife expects it now. If I  am not in heels she wonders what's wrong. That's a good thing. Drove from Winston Salem to key largo with a pair of my 1969 pumps on. Stopped in Savanah for one night, the hotel guys and a family were eyeing and under breath gigging but I didn't care and surprisingly neither did my wife which is a major step forward. 

• Like 1

I am in heels most of the time on the lower floor of the house (shoes must be removed to go upstairs). However, I don't usually wear shoes that I would go out in. I have a few pairs of "house slippers" which are somewhat lower than I'd normally wear, and most importantly, they're easy to slip on and off. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

image.jpeg

Hey, Mlroseplant,

Where did you get those thong wedges? I've been looking for a pair of thong sandals with heels, but I have found only one pair with a heel that high - Ralph Lauren's "Roseanne." Are those wedges easy to walk in or does your foot slip forward, hurting the skin between your big and second toe? It looks like the buttons say BCB Generation. Is it a current style?

Those would be good for the salon on pedicure day!

Steve

Ralph Lauren Roseanne thong wedge sandals.jpg

• Like 1

I believe, Steve, that if you search your email with me from last summer, I may have provided more information than what I can now. I don't know the model name of these BCBGenerations sandals, but I can almost guarantee that they are not a very current style, as I purchased them on ebay for cheap. I had problems with them being loose, which I fixed with not just one, but two fitting aids. Now they're acceptable. I still don't necessarily like to wear them out (maybe to the grocery store or Wal-Mart), but they're great for home! No problem with the thong irritating between my toes.

• Like 1

I wear my heels most of the day.. I work a night shift 4pm-midnight so daughter off to school and wife off to her work so it means free time for me to enjoy my heels. Mine are all 4" and up so my arches and legs are getting in pretty good shape. Just got back from vacation and have gone a week without my heels. Felt like I was going through withdrawl. Vacations are fantastic but I love my heels and it was so nice to slip into a pair of stilettos at home.

As often as I can, however in the winter I have fewer days in heels because of ski work, ski boots do not come with high heels...but if they did..The rest of time I wear heeled shoes and boots at home and out of home. My S.O. is accepting of my heeling so no need hide or worry about what I wear. Vacations can be mixed if there is any activity involved or if I am with special groups. Heel on!

• 2 weeks later...

For me it depends on how much I had worn them recently and how much walking I did that day in them.   Some days after a long day of walking in heels, I am ready to get them off and relax my feet, then other days (after 2-3 days not wearing them), I'm eager to wear them as much as possible.  Unfortunately, I don't get to wear them out everyday as much as I would like, usually thanks to work.