High Heels in Advertisements

Gary0618:-) I have never seen a floor material like that. I'll bet that you could get some special effects out of it depending what type of heel your shoe or boot might have and the different pressures they would exert. Very interesting!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 weeks later...

bounce + work in progress

These adverts for shoe colouring appeared in the early '70s.

Everything was going psychedelic .... including shoe colour. Seem to remember buying a pair of lime green knee hi platform boots. Pity these were thrown out in one of my 'trying to be normal' phases.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Xa

jim 5.5 inch stiletto pumps Joined: 18 Jan 2002 Posts: 840 Location: New Zealand.. Posted: 21 May 2003 11:58 Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Whoa....I had almost forgotten the Farra Fawcett hair. As for the lime green boots. Now that would've been something to behold my friend! Thanks for posting these delightfully retro adds Xapod,I don't often see them. May be you have a secrete stash of old Family Circle and Woman’s Day hidden away somewhere? I know most of my fashion mags only last a few months then end up on the bottom of the bird cage. lol _________________ "If I could have but one wish, it would be to live as one of your tears...To be born of your eyes, to live on your cheek, and to die on your lips."

Yamyam High-heeled Purple God Joined: 27 Jan 2002 Posts: 2000 Location: Midlands, UK Posted: 21 May 2003 21:11 Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Great adverts! Shows how times have changed, I think. And Xaphod, I'm glad to see you've got over your "trying to be normal" thing, and are enjoying your true nature! _________________ Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic

jim 5.5 inch stiletto pumps Joined: 18 Jan 2002 Posts: 840 Location: New Zealand.. Posted: 27 May 2003 11:47 Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Elegant woman Xapod.I've always liked style and this woman has it for sure. I'm often amazed at how many woman, and guys for that matter,who when traveling look like slobs. _________________ "If I could have but one wish, it would be to live as one of your tears...To be born of your eyes, to live on your cheek, and to die on your lips."

At risk of going for picture overload, here's an ad for city slickers driving 4wds.

BTW, I normally scare the Chelsea set on the rare occasions I take my 4wd up to London ..... mine has a 6 month covering of s**t !

Strange, when I aim for them, they get out of the way !

Posted Image

Xa

Yamyam High-heeled Purple God Joined: 27 Jan 2002 Posts: 2000 Location: Midlands, UK Posted: 27 May 2003 21:19 Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nice one, Xa. I'm inspired to buy another 4x4 now, as well as some expensive shoes _________________ Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

There's been a dearth of pics lately, so I thought I would give you something to drool over.

Posted Image

Roger and Sarah Adams were making shoes in the early to late 80s in Brighton. Afficianados will recognise the range as 'very similar' to that of London Leatherworks.

Xa

I've been meaning to scan these two A4 sides of Harvey Nicks advert, from the Sunday Times 'Style' magazine.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yes, I know they're bonkers, but, hey, I love them !

If you want to get more detail, larger files are available here (about 750k each). Some enterprising soul might try to join them back together again to create a single jpg.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1093274208.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1093274537.jpg

Xa

Xaphod:-) What great ads you were able to come up with to whet our appetites for high heeled shoe pics. Fantastic. You must have quite a collection of old ads. Thanks for sharing them with us all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Some enterprising soul might try to join them back together again to create a single jpg.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1093274208.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1093274537.jpg

Umm, not quite - I was going to have a go, but you've uploaded the same image (the right hand half) twice!

Emma

PS I just noticed if you click 'reply', the topic review shows the two images correctly placed side by side, but the main view shows them one on top of the other

I've NEVER heard of them. Wow - what a find. Do they have a website? This company looks great!!!

There's been a dearth of pics lately, so I thought I would give you something to drool over.

Posted Image

Roger and Sarah Adams were making shoes in the early to late 80s in Brighton. Afficianados will recognise the range as 'very similar' to that of London Leatherworks.

Xa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For Austrian Airlines

Posted Image

.... and since I suppose I'm infringing their copyright, I'll go partway to making up for it by publicising their websites referenced in the ad.

www.austrianairlines.co.uk

www.vienna.info

Xa