High Heels in Advertisements

• 1 month later...

During my trip to NYC last week, I saw a huge Gap billboard featuring high he... err, jeans, but I passed up a chance to take a pic. However, thanks to the wonders of the Internet, my oversight can be at least partially rectified.

http://www.gap.com/browse/division.do?cid=56999

As this ad will probably change before long, I took a couple caps (see attached).

I just noticed that the top is a bit brief on the first one. I'm sure there's a good reason I didn't notice this before. :)

post-909-133522922344_thumb.jpg

post-909-133522922375_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No pictures here, but the words were interesting. Ad for a local dance ballroom: Beyonce Single Ladies Workshop! Grab those heels and leotards, it's time to let your inner Beyonce out! Ballroom this Saturday to teach the award winning choreography to Beyonce's hit "Single Ladies". This routine is a fun, sexy workout and helps you focus on different body movements based on African, Hip-Hop, and Bob Fosse style. Basically it's all about having fun and bringing your sexy back! And remember this workshop is not just for the "single" ladies, even the boys can join in. Leotards and heels are optional* but really help with the movement. *especially for the boys, but we'd love to watch you try!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few photographs taken of advertisements from billboards and at bus-stops in The Netherlands. The first two show former four-time Olympic gold medalist Inge de Bruijn who after her swimming career started a modelling career for a lingerie line. The second is just form a well-known Dutch warehouse chain. I hope you will enjoy them! Regards, Boot-lover

post-24811-133522923979_thumb.jpg

post-24811-133522923987_thumb.jpg

post-24811-133522923994_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From an email ad for Evolve Dance Studio, Los Angeles: "Empowerment is the word on everyone’s lips at Evolve Dance Studio, where the stilettos are never too high and the pole never out of reach. Leave your inhibitions at the door and embrace your inner diva: this workout burns serious calories. Finally: take on the New Year with gusto and enjoy three pole dancing and one dance fitness class per week for one month (= 16 classes). Plus: you can opt to add in a pair of exotic dance Stilettos courtesy of the studio (hello, buns of steel). A fun, exhaustive and shirt-drenching workout that, as they like to say at Evolve, “glamorizes your strut.” It’s a lot easier than sticking a pole under the tree." Obviously aimed at women, but what would happen if a man signed up for the class with stiletto heels?

post-28-133522931361_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]11143[/ATTACH]

Make your own conclusions.

or read the discussions:

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/rdca_academy_of_martial_arts_high_heels

Gary ...

I just came across your post and the picture inserted. I clicked on the link and read the ad and comments.

This was disturbing to me unless I was reading too much into it. It came across to me that you need to get your son into karate and other manly activities so he doesn't grow up wearing high heels. How backward thinking is this? And especially in this day and age? Again, maybe I'm misinterpreting this ad. If they wanted to do even a remotely positive spin, the ad could have said learn karate and you can wear whatever you want without anyone bothering you. But I don't even like that concept. And again, maybe I'm totally over-reacting. Wouldn't be the first time!:)

• 1 month later...

This "interview tip" ad was in the WSJ yesterday. The online version was a video, so I had to resort to a scan and apologize for the poor quality. Oh yeah, the "tip" was to leave your cell phone on silent mode during an interview.

post-909-133522934571_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

some more pics from the Luciano Padovan website.

Nice shoes and nice legs too !

Wondering if the legs were enhanced with Photoshop...

They look almost too good to be true.

But if they are, this girl got some amazing legs :smile:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

From BEBE:

What should a well-dressed woman wear to work? According to Bebe, a lot of black lace.

Racked pointed out the "New Way To Work It" collection featured on Bebe's website, which will debut in stores tomorrow.

Billed as "wear-to-work," the line is intended to amp up the average, mall-going female's work wardrobe. So what does Bebe recommend? Black lace tops, leopard-print platforms, black lace tights, shiny silver denim, fingerless black leather gloves and more black lace tops.

Helpfully organized by day, the outfits suggest what the typical Bebe working gal does on any given weekday. On Tuesday, for example, the Bebe gal is on duty as Kim Kardashian's wedding planner; on Thursday, she appears to have joined an all-girl motorcycle gang.

We don't want to even know what the Bebe working girl wear on the weekends.

Go to Bebe.com to browse the latest in office fashion... but for the sake of your job, don't take the recommendations too seriously.

post-1115-133522951176_thumb.jpg

More Pics here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/18/bebe-workwear_n_930391.html#s332845&title=Monday

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE