high heel joy in Australia

malinheels

Hey there high heel dudes in Australia & elsewhere in the world, just reading in the herald Sun newspaper in Melbourne on page 29

Basket ball star Liz Cambage is designing a new range of stylish plus size shoes foe women in collaboration with Myer department store 

and Urban Soul shoe manufacturer with sizes 9 to 15 so hopefully there will be some grate fashion heels in larger sizes that us guys will be able to get from myer stores

LOOKING FORWARD to seeing what they have     cheers malinheels  Melbourne:wavey:

7 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Yet another great reason to travel down under!

Steve

Hey Steve

You dont need a reason to visit us here in UP OVER (depends on your standpoint) 

Im just hoping it isnt a flop. There are numerous specialty shops dealing with large sizes, but for a big chain like MYER to take it up is a big big thing. I would expect that only a few of their stores will carry the range. MYER have 66 stores across AUS, and 15 in Sydney. Id expect it would be a few stores plus there online system, but still very exciting.

I will post updates as soon as I see them

I even joined the MYER club to get news etc early on this :happy:

James

Regards

James

11 hours ago, stealhers said:

This isn't really a big thing for me as I fit a lot of 10's but still keen to check them out!

10's, that is so unfair !!

im 11's. some even pushing 11.5's

Regards

James

G'day, James,

I was impressed with Myer the very first time I went there, in Albury, I think, when we visited our friends who were living in Tallangatta at the time (2001, and since moved to Bendigo). Great store. Been in several Myers stores since then. I have a large cache of Vegemite here from Myers! LOL

So I'm anxious to learn what Myers is going to unveil in larger size shoes, too!

Steve

PS. And just yesterday I came across a new, unopened pair of Kolotex pantyhose I got from the hosiery outlet store on Parramatta Road. I'm sure you've been there, right?

Never been to Australia but I did once live in New Zealand (1962-1965) and have some faint memories of it when my father was stationed in Antarctica. It is high on a list of places to visit once retired which is very close by now. I wonder just how often Aussies must buy their heels from outside Australia as I imagine there may be few Aussie shoe manufacturers. HappyinHeels

3 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

G'day, James,

I was impressed with Myer the very first time I went there, in Albury, I think, when we visited our friends who were living in Tallangatta at the time (2001, and since moved to Bendigo). Great store. Been in several Myers stores since then. I have a large cache of Vegemite here from Myers! LOL

So I'm anxious to learn what Myers is going to unveil in larger size shoes, too!

Steve

PS. And just yesterday I came across a new, unopened pair of Kolotex pantyhose I got from the hosiery outlet store on Parramatta Road. I'm sure you've been there, right?

Steve

Will keep you updated

Regards

James

• 3 months later...

Hi again people of HHP just a little update regarding the new larger size shoes by Liz Cambage in Myer

Went for a day of heeling in the city Melbourne and of course went to Myer  Emporium after checking out all the shoes in the women's dept still no 

liz Cambage heels so went and asked the older female sales assistant . 

She told me that the release had been delayed but were definetly coming next month she actually went out the back and asked her manager so 

i,d think that this info will be fairly accurate  here's hoping

cheers Malinheels:wavey:

• Like 1

On 23 June 2016 at 7:10 AM, malinheels said:

Hi again people of HHP just a little update regarding the new larger size shoes by Liz Cambage in Myer

Went for a day of heeling in the city Melbourne and of course went to Myer  Emporium after checking out all the shoes in the women's dept still no 

liz Cambage heels so went and asked the older female sales assistant . 

She told me that the release had been delayed but were definetly coming next month she actually went out the back and asked her manager so 

i,d think that this info will be fairly accurate  here's hoping

cheers Malinheels:wavey:

Yep

i got same answer from Myer Sydney city

Regards

James

• 2 months later...

Just thought id share this titbit. 

Over the last few weeks i have thinned down my collection of heels by 22 pairs selling them on ebay

Of the 22, 15 pairs went to guys. 

so for all of us who think we are alone, take courage. There are a lot more men wearing heels than we think

Regards

James

20 minutes ago, Sydheel said:

Of the 22, 15 pairs went to guys. 

so for all of us who think we are alone, take courage. There are a lot more men wearing heels than we think

It would be nice if more guys would admit to wearing heels. Perhaps it would become more mainstream and gain acceptance. Obviously there are many men hiding in fear of ridicule. Too bad if you surf the 'net most pictures you see are of guys that are feminine and many are obviously gay or making fun of men wearing heels and it stops many from opening up.

I am surprised there are not more positive forums, videos and other sites about men heeling on the 'net.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, heelsareme said:

And i would say a distinct  lack of surprise from shop assistants when I'm shopping and trying on heels is further evidence!

Jeeze James you had quite a collection!

I will agree, it's is getting more rare that I get asked if they are a gift, more common they offer the pair for me to try on before I ask.

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/24/2016 at 9:19 AM, Sydheel said:

Yeah i had too many I didn't wear. Some were starting pairs that I outgrew but half were online purchases that didn't fit as id hoped

James,

I'm trying to contact you via email, but no answer. If you see this, check your pm and your email.

Steve