Newby sandal lover

Hi, I have recently joined, I have had an interest in high heel strappy sandals for many many years. The ones here are a good example, Asos, size 9 UK with 4 3/4" heel snd fit my size 10 feet reasonably. However when I see pictures of me in them at size 10 they do not look as high as the foot angle is low. The videos of the models on Asos look much higher, but presumably smaller feet so more angled. My wifes 4 1/2" heels in size 5 appear much higher.

I am toying with buying a pair of Pleaser Domina 108 with the 6" heels, but worried that would be a step too far. I have tried to find a picture of someone with size 10 UK feet wearing a pair.

DSC03943_zps5kyhoae1.jpg

DSC03945_zpslrjscdux.jpg

Greetings and welcome to the site Peter. I have also just recently joined and I'm still reading through the older posts, but so far the group here has been most cordial. I like that fact and I hope that it will be a good place to talk about all things heeled. I can walk easily in 2" heels and can manage 4"+ but not for long. What you are wear in your photos does look very nice. Have a good day.

Peterf.....   Hello, and welcome to the site.  I have been a member here for at least 10 years.  This site is a good pace for us like minded folks.  

I am a sandal wearer also.  I live in California where the weather is warmer and I can wear sandals almost all year.  I prefer the thong (toe post?) styles but have some strappy styles as well.  I keep the heel height down to 2 or 3 inches since I am tall already...  I just want to enjoy wearing heels, not make a spectacle out of myself.  

Enjoy the site, lots of interesting folks and information here.  Take care...   sf

P.S. I like your pics.  You mentioned your wife, does she know you wear heels?  Mine does and she's OK with it, I consider myself lucky...

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

16 hours ago, peterf said:

I am toying with buying a pair of Pleaser Domina 108 with the 6" heels, but worried that would be a step too far.

Welcome to the forum.

The difference between 4 3/4" and 6" huge, not that it isn't doable but it is a big difference.  Is there anything in the 5" -  5 1/2" that you might try as an intermediate step?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welcome welcome welcome

the important thing with heels is how they make 'you' feel. If you like the sandals and they are comfy then dont get hung up on relative heel to length ratios. 

Simple physics says it is what it is. 

They look great from here and the fact your wife does your nails is a huge bonus

james

Regards

James

Hi peterf and welcome, looking great in the sandals.

While I fully agree with the advice the difference between 4 3/4" and 6" is huge, all may not be lost as the actual heel height on Domina 108's is only 5.5". Well it is on a pair of Domina 460's I have, which are a size UK9. I don't think Pleaser's have proportional heel heights, so as you quite rightly stated, the shank angle decreases as sizes increase.

I realise you're after sandals in UK10, but just to give an idea here is a pic of my oxford's in UK9 - sole size/heel/angle should be same across all Domina styles. The angle is not that extreme so may not be such 'a step too far' than you think! Only you can make that call though.:fine:

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.86669a75b27cf9d

Coincidentally someone recently asked how the heel height of 5.5" Skyscrapers compared to 6" Domina's so I snapped this for comparison - Domina's on right.

image.thumb.jpeg.9a63e9e1d120b29da9535c8

Good luck and happy heeling.

• Like 1

Thankyou all for the messages. Nice heels aristoc and thanks for the pictures. The driving thing re heel heightbis my wife wears 4 1/2" heels for me, she would not wear them of her own choice, so I am just wanting to experience the same sort of effect with much larger feet, what I can buy from normal outlets is grwat, I like my various pairs of sandals but I feel like I am cheating a bit.