Sign in to follow this  
hiheellover23

Questions about uploading pictures?

Question

I'm trying to upload pictures before I use photoshop the pictures seem uploadable but I edit a picture through photoshop the picture file becomes too big I try to reduce the size of the picture any lower the picture will become the size of a thumbnail do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

2 answers to this question

Before I upload an image I resize to image to 7" high and 72dbi resolution with constrain proportions.  I then "save for web"  as a jpeg with a quality of 30.  This greatly reduces the size of the file and still gives a decent image.  Image sizes are from 20kb to 80kb depending on the amount of compression.

GEDC0460a.jpg.75b26789c196f668ae0d4497f9 This is a 61.5kb image.

On 10/03/2016 at 11:39 AM, hiheellover23 said:

I'm trying to upload pictures before I use photoshop the pictures seem uploadable but I edit a picture through photoshop the picture file becomes too big I try to reduce the size of the picture any lower the picture will become the size of a thumbnail do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Photoshop adds a lot of data to a file that is totally not needed, thus making the image file huge. There are a lot of online image editors out there that you can use for free, no need to download anything or install anything, and you can use those to resize your images accordingly.