Chicago Shoe Store Reaches Out

HappyinHeels

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:17 AM, HappyinHeels said:

...walked in wearing a unisex sweater, bootcut jeans, and my cognac Soda wedges (6") with a matching handbag ....

Would love to see a snap of this fab outfit - and particularly the wedges!

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/06/2017 at 1:36 AM, spikesmike said:

CAT:     What do you mean ( All of this would be done in heels of course. ) ? Are you implying that there are people

who do not wear high heels?  I would be driving over from Columbus, Ohio in stilettos. It is almost to a point where

I don't wear ugly shoes anymore.    spikesmike

DSCF5239.JPG

Hi, just wanted to know what brand, I've seen similar shoes but those look really good on you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

Spoke to Gary today and he continues to want to start meetings. Initially at his store and later at a larger place if interest demands more space. I told him I'd help him start an account here and to check his email tomorrow (28 June) for a link to activate his forum membership. I said I plan to take off Thursday and drop by his store. Planning on putting on the bootcut jeans, grab the handbag, and head out in one of my cumfy summer wedges and see what I can find. I should just ask him to snap my picture while I'm there which I've never thought of doing before. On the other hand I'm not so photogenic. Make up for it with bold heels :)

I hope this email with the link comes quickly so we can get going. I dislike loose ends especially since I've talked about this and want to see it happen. It would more than likely take place on a Saturday evening as opposed to Friday. Chicago area traffic is quite bad on Friday night but less so on Saturday night. I'll cross my fingers and hope this goes okay.   HappyinHeels

Is Cali's answer close to correct??? I can't believe in 2017 it would take that long. Clearly the site needs more administrative help if 3-5 weeks is what it takes to generate an email link for a member to activate forum membership. I will notify an administrator separately. This is not what I expected but I'll deal with it. If any other new member's experience was different then please chime in and describe what you did. This is a dynamic forum but waiting that long would be a big impediment to enjoying the site and growing the membership. HappyinHeels

Since I sit on the administrator side elsewhere, I know there is a lot of spam requests generated to gain access to sites, multiple request, etc. There's a lot more than just processing request.  And it takes time to wade though stuff. 

I think another new member also said some thing about waiting.

I put an request into "heels4men.net" in late March and only recently got approved.

All,

I am sitting in Gary's store in Chicago and we have settled on a date!!!!!   A meet with interested forum members and their friends will take place at his store on Saturday the 22nd of July 2017. He will close early that day at 1800 (6 pm) so I'd ask attendees to come as close to that time as possible. His store is called skyscraperheels" ad is located at 2202 West Belmont Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. He us just west of Leavitt Street on the north side of Belmont and the store has a large red awning in front. You can call his store at 773-477-8495 1100-1800 Tuesday and Wednesday and 1100-2000 Thursday-Saturday. There may be no AUgust meeting as he'll be travelling for half of August. I will probably NOT be there but it was never about me. He has wanted to do this for a long time for the heel fanatics out there. I know CAT had some ideas about lodging. I'll get an idea of how many people may come by watching here and talking to him. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Ugh I am out of town 7/22 to 7/29. August is out for Gary

can we set up Sept?  Maybe every other month ?!?!?!?

Edited by CAT

• 1 month later...

vector,

I don't know. He and I haven't talked about that since I was in the store that day. He was at his land last weekend as was I but we didn't see each other. My entire goal was to reach some of our members. SOme of the people he would have reached may have been there. I'll find out though. I know both CAT and myself were not going to be there but that may change in the near future. The next date I am thinking of is Saturday the 2nd of September. I'll call him and we'll chat.  HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of setting up a September gathering.   The 2nd may be hard for some as it is a holiday weekend.   What does everyone have available for Saturday's in September?   Let's get a date set 

CAT : I am heading out to California (Driving) on Sept. 16, 2017. The trip will take a couple of weeks.

However, I will/should be eager for a meet by Sept. 30, 2017. Saturday. If any one else is up for it by

then, count me in.   Where is a good meet/location point ?     spikesmike.

DSCF5256.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spikesmike said:

CAT : I am heading out to California (Driving) on Sept. 16, 2017. The trip will take a couple of weeks.

However, I will/should be eager for a meet by Sept. 30, 2017. Saturday. If any one else is up for it by

then, count me in.   Where is a good meet/location point ?     spikesmike.

DSCF5256.JPG

My god Mike, those boots are fantastic and look amazing!!!

• Like 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

1 hour ago, XtremeHeels said:

My god Mike, those boots are fantastic and look amazing!!!

Mike,

how are you going to figure out which boots to where to the meet!!! You have an awesome collection !!!

CAT :  You are correct. The choices I am forced to make. What to do - what to do. I will just have to bring them all.

QUESTION to those who intend to attend the meeting. I have at least fifty (50) pair of high heel shoes that are

size 11 and/or 12 . If this meet comes off, I will bring several pair to give away to anyone in that size. Free. spikesmike.

DSCF5261 (1).JPG

• Like 3