The chase of the perfect "all-day" heel

swedeheeler

Well.

Long story short. Addicted to heels for many years, to the grade that the first ting I check for is the footwear on a opposite gender.

Handsome heels makes me drool. Unfortanely I got womans size US14 and therefor It's most pleaser in sight. Want something else. Anything hot that will work for all day wear, a 5 inch rise, leather or nubuck, chunky heel, maybe some decorations like studs/rivets or tassles. Style should be something Ankle calf or Oxford. As I'm already 6'4 tall (193 cm) there's unnecessary with platform height.

Found two (actually three) pairs that'll fit into my spec. As OnlyMakers is customizable what I've understand? (Correct me if wrong)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jushee-Women-s-Outdoor-Dress-Spring-Autumn-Slip-On-Shoes-Solid-Round-Toe-Fshion-Boots-Vintage/32580911105.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.Tr1NQp

http://www.onlymakerstore.com/Women/boots/Womens_Trendy_Lace_Up_Chunky_Heel_Booties_Black?filter=10%2C103%2C42%2C94

http://www.onlymakerstore.com/Women/boots/Womens_Trendy_Round_Toe_Grain_Leather_Buckles_Booties_Black?filter=10%2C103%2C42%2C94

Is there more like those styles out there? Lemme know :)

swedeheeler,

If you're going shoe shopping then wear something that goes on and off easily like a ankle zip-up boot or a pump or a wedge heel. If you're doing anything else then I'd say wear something strappy that is stable and will stay in place throughout the day. Doesn't matter who makes it rather how it makes you feel. That's the way I would approach it. I personally wear a variety of heels from ankle boots with both chunky and stiletto heels to pumps in winter and wedge sandals in the warmer months.  HappyinHeels

@HappyinHeels Thank you for very good advice :)

Sadly there's not much hh shopping here in north Sweden, biggest size is us woman 10. As most people tend to still being stuck in the last century here I got two things to handle. But its not too hard to solve. There's one shop in Stockholm which is very open minded, they only got pleaser and they have to order for them, which take about two or three weeks to get. Ergo. Not many shoes in stock to try out.

5 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Abra cadabra hocus pocus I got two!!! Pairs more on my mind. What have i done? :D

Went for the first link in my start post and one more pair from the same seĺler. Those http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32584199049.html

THIS is a friggin' toxic :lol:

That is a really nice looking boot!

When buying heels it is real easy to jump in with both feet and buy everything you see.  This is a quick path to the poor house and a real emotional overload.  My advice is for you to set yourself a budget, either in money, or the number of pair you will buy in a month.  Enjoy each new purchase but don't stop wearing the rest of your collection.  Pay more attention to your cats. :cat:  Slow down and enjoy your heels.

@HappyinHeelsmakes a good point about wearing something convenient when you are shoe shopping (that is coming from someone who wears thigh boots when shoe shopping).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well.

I'm having a plan with all this. Max 1 pair from now on every 2 month. Not more than 120 usd. It may be more expensive pairs as well but then it may take maybe 3 or 4 months before next pairs of heels :)

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men ...

Buying heels, as well as posting on hhplace, is addictive (fun, but addictive).  Proceed at your own pace but keep a close watch on your actions.

Enjoy your heels. 

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Dang, it must be an incredible challenge to love high heels and have such large feet. I am so grateful to be a US 10 and have nearly limitless options (I know a majority of shoe makers stop at US 10 unfortunately for those with large feet), but on the down side it makes me spend way more than I should and sadly I have more pairs than my wife.  Best of luck with your perfect shoe hunt, sorry I can't offer any suggestions to help.

Yup. Truly indeed. At my sizes there's not many choises left for heels. Specially not in the common shoe stores where  I can try'em out. It is ordering by the net and hopefully they'll fit good and keeps a ok quality 

Hi Swedeheeler,

these might stretch your budget a bit but they go up to size 47 & 48:

http://www.fuss-schuhe-shop.de/epages/64752260.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64752260/Products/Boots-324-nero/SubProducts/Boots-324-nero-0017

And another German site:

https://www.high-feelings.de/stiefeletten-blockabsatz-nappaleder-schwarz-sw060007

again, a bit pricey and the biggest size is 46. Both shops ship internationally as far as I know. Good luck with your search! 

My Devious Dagger was ordered from high-feelings actually. Totally forgotted 'bout them in fact.

Have an eye on fuss schuhe as well. It is very tempting to buy from'em. But i have already bought 2 pair this month. So I have to keep calm.

Extremehighheels oxfords is very tempting too. But it's a lot of money there... But... good fitting shoes can in fact never be overvalued ;)

Also. The chase is the funniest part of it all as the shoe wardrobe grows slowly but safe (direct translate from Swedish)

• 3 months later...

It is an endless battle to find the perfect heels. I'm a woman, and where heels all the time.  Out of all my shoes, one pair are the most comfortable. A closed toe, Mary Jane, 3 inch stiletto platform pump. My advice for you guys, if you can find the perfect heels, you can conquer the world. And good luck in finding another one like it! I will post pics of it soon. 

Catherine. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have found that the BCBG "Cielo" pump is ideal for wearing over long periods. I've worn them many times for periods well in excess of eight hours, with no discomfort whatsoever. I have this style in several colors, including white, black leather, and black patent. It's the classic 4" pump, but literally does not feel like wearing a heel. The normal "break in" period was virtually non existent, as the leather was soft and comfortable, right out of the box. The style is more than a few years old, but Amazon has many colors in this style, and new condition examples can also be found on eBay. 

Edited by LuvsStiletto