My revolution started today!

Impala

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, Impala said:

At least they don't seem to mind when I walk around in heels at home.

That's a major concession on the part of your parents. What I predict is that they will get so used to seeing you in heels that they will eventually give you approval to wear in public, at least to some places. It's a matter of getting used to you in heels. So use the time to enjoy your freedom to do that, indoors, and at some time in the future, you can go out into the world on your own. If I were you, I would show my parents how much their permission to wear inside the house means to me, show them love and respect in every way, and not bring up the subject of wearing in public for a long time. If they know how much it truly means to you to wear heels, they'll understand how happy you are about that permission. Keep us informed.

Steve

4 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

..., and not bring up the subject of wearing in public for a long time. If they know how much it truly means to you to wear heels, they'll understand how happy you are about that permission.

I have hoped parents had such insights without some comments and/or discussion, but usually their perception is influenced by society's attitude to the point they will only see such activity as folly. Unless the whole heeling sphere of thinking and action can be open conversation, there is little chance they will be able to change their ingrained perspective.  

If the parents don't have the "high heel gene," they simply cannot understand their son's desire to wear heels, and they can be fearful for his safety around potential bullies and fearful for his being an outcast when seeking employment. But they can know how much it means to their son, if he reminds them every now and then how grateful he is for permission to wear heels in their home, and he can return their love so that the bond is as strong as it can be. With continual exposure to his heel wearing, they'll get used to it over time, and hopefully figure out that it's only shoes.

Steve