Lexus 2016 RX Commercial

JeffB

While this commercial was all about Lexus' redesigned SUV, the highlight to me was that gorgeous woman in a sleek sequined pencil skirt and her killer stiletto heels. You can get a good look at her shoes at the 0:06 mark. Listen carefully and you can hear the heels clicking on the pavement. Mesmerizing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnW7uCpmY_A

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When I saw the commercial on TV I noticed the heels much more then the car.  ("Noticed" is hardly an adequate term for the chin dropping experience). Those really are great looking heels and I suspect the director knew that..

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yes the heels are very nice but that's typical for Paris. It is, according to my "heel spectrometer", the place with the highest density of high heels per city block. All the designer names you can think will be seen there. As far as the Lexus car goes it's just another spot for the aspiring 1% er's not the truly rich as they could just go buy a Lexus dealership. It's all about seduction and getting consumers to spend and pamper themselves.HappyinHeels

I really love the classic look of high thin heeled, pointed toe pumps, but the shape and placement of the stiletto heel in the commercial turns me off. The heel doesn't look like it is actually supporting the foot at the very back of the shoe and it also looks like it would easily break or come off if the wrong leverage happened to exert any minimal force against it. Compare the shape and placement of this fairly thin high heel with those in the Lexus commercial.  

$T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiN!JBQGZ0I,nJg~~60_57.jpg

The stiletto/spike on my Gucci Sofia has a better contoured shape that compliments the pump's style and it actually support the heel of the foot, instead of the back of the shoe like the heel in the commercial. That my opinion/perspective and I'm sticking by it!

mwhh,

There are cobblestone streets everywhere from Europe to Quebec to Mexico to Ouro Preto, Brazil and I have seen heels on all of them. Dangerous to an eye looking for practicality but then high heels are not practical things. They are beautiful things which is why we utilitarian guys love them. Spending $95 for a pair of "women's" high heels isn't practical for me when all I need is a pair of $15 Dockers-type loafers. Buying those high heels is about the art of the impractical but thoroughly enjoyable purchase. I have been practical for years driving small cars and taking a bag lunch to work for 35 years. Practical saves you a lot of money for the day when you can buy some impractical but gorgeous and fun things. HappyinHeels

• Like 4