Freestyle fashion?

Newkid

So I came across freestyle fashion on the form and I have no idea what it is Iv seen some pics but I'm clueless could some one explain to me what it is and how could you get starter in it.

Edited by Newkid

Newkid: To give you my definition, I call freestyle fashion the practice of men openly wearing articles of women's clothing AS men, no wigs, makeup or padded bras. It might be just one particular article of clothing like a skirt, or in the case of myself, head to toe in women's wear and shoes. I'm of the opinion that freestyle fashion is open to personal interpretation and that every participant tailors the practice to his specific tastes. Like I said, that's just my definition, I'm sure others here have their own views. I hope this was of help to you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My take on freestyle fashion is the free part.  You are free to wear whatever you want to wear with an emphasis on you.  Being a guy or a gal is not an all or nothing proposition.  In most guys there is a feminine part (some more than others) lurking about and in most gals there is a masculine part hidden away.  Since clothing has become one of the primary differentiation between the sexes, many folks advertise (or hide) this masculine/feminine mix with the clothing they wear. Freestyling is a technique that allows you express your mix with the clothing you wear.

To get started you need to do a personal assessment and try to figure out what your masculine/feminine mix is.  I don't have a good technique for this.  In my case most of my mechanical ability (good with tools) comes from my masculine side but my artistic ability (painting,music) comes from my feminine side.  From a young age I have enjoyed wearing women's boots and gloves but only recently have I started freestyling with skirts and tops (thanks Jeffb).  Freestyling is just another technique for letting your inner self out.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sorry but I don't see it this narrow. Yes mixing the wardrobe between masculine and feminine articles is a kind of freestyle fashion.

Yet there is so much more possibilities ...  still respecting the second part  : "style"

What do you like to wear, What do you think looks good on you, what makes you feel good when you wear it, and what do you think others will agree looks good on you.

For myself- - - - 

Some say I look really sharp in a three piece suit with one of my antique silk skinny ties from the 40's and 50's - - - - can't stand this getup for some reason. I always relate to a tie being nothing more than a noose one puts around one's own neck. I have told many people that when my salary reaches at minimum 6 digits, I'll consider wearing a tie to work again. I have saved my ties just for that possibility.

I live in the sticks, where farming is a second job for many, Camo is the color of choice, and the women dress similarly to the men. You don't see many heels and skirts. Even the only legal secretary in town wears jeans, and a tank tee with sneakers or flats. For me to wear what JeffB does would be akin to suicide.

So what does this mean??? I may like to wear specific items, but I'm not going to be comfortable and it's not gonna be something others feel looks good on me. I can wear a crappy pair of holy jeans, a sarcastic T-shirt, and Fugley work boots, and be comfortable, and everyone is happy in my little local village.

Style has to consider the surroundings too. One does not wear a designer suit and/or a little black dress to the VFW post and pound Bud Lights and eat pretzels at the bar for dinner.

All about your circumstances or surrounding. Living in the city you 

1 hour ago, Heelster said:

What do you like to wear, What do you think looks good on you, what makes you feel good when you wear it, and what do you think others will agree looks good on you.

For myself- - - - 

Some say I look really sharp in a three piece suit with one of my antique silk skinny ties from the 40's and 50's - - - - can't stand this getup for some reason. I always relate to a tie being nothing more than a noose one puts around one's own neck. I have told many people that when my salary reaches at minimum 6 digits, I'll consider wearing a tie to work again. I have saved my ties just for that possibility.

I live in the sticks, where farming is a second job for many, Camo is the color of choice, and the women dress similarly to the men. You don't see many heels and skirts. Even the only legal secretary in town wears jeans, and a tank tee with sneakers or flats. For me to wear what JeffB does would be akin to suicide.

So what does this mean??? I may like to wear specific items, but I'm not going to be comfortable and it's not gonna be something others feel looks good on me. I can wear a crappy pair of holy jeans, a sarcastic T-shirt, and Fugley work boots, and be comfortable, and everyone is happy in my little local village.

Style has to consider the surroundings too. One does not wear a designer suit and/or a little black dress to the VFW post and pound Bud Lights and eat pretzels at the bar for dinner.

All depends on each of our circumstance. Living in a diverse city you maybe have some tolerance of what you wear.

We all have to sacrifice somewhat wanting to wear certain clothes only to consider the consequence and surroundings.

Figure what you like on other people and picture yourself wearing it. Ask yourself why denying yourself wearing it is more beneficial than  trying it....

Often you will come up with your conclusions with relationship between fear of wearing it or not.

In my situation i observe closely studying how trends in fashion looks ridiculous while some just look exciting worth a try to wear. Have to be aware of your body that certain attire may work other fail miserably. Sooner you take a chance and try new stuff the better you can tweak your style unique to you. Often it's evolution of certain styles that fit you and become comfortable accustomed to wear.

Last thing you want is to live your life with regret and disappointment when you have the means to change. 

We all know is fashion and our  appearance is a personal judgement to make us happy not others. Don't want to live life envious of other people's clothes they wear and deny myself happiness to wear it. Only makes me unhappy and unfulfilled. 

Ask myself everyday if Christie or Heidi can wear this or that, why not me.... or you... If you slowly introduce your love of your attire people aren't as shocked later seeing you wear more dressed up version of the same outfit. 

christie-brinkley-double-denim-3.jpg

heidi-klum-elizabeth-and-james-683x1024.jpeg

So by consequences you mean like getting shot and beat up for what your wearing or what I'm confused also @Heelster if you live in a small town don't the people there give you little to no thought anyways one of my buddies who lived in L.a moved to the country in Texas before moving back to California and the people there didn't even give me a second thought.

2 hours ago, Newkid said:

So by consequences you mean like getting shot and beat up for what your wearing or what I'm confused also @Heelster if you live in a small town don't the people there give you little to no thought anyways one of my buddies who lived in L.a moved to the country in Texas before moving back to California and the people there didn't even give me a second thought.

Some towns - Yes

This small town is a gossip's paradise full of Right Wing Neocon Neanderthals. After working in this town for 23+ years, I'm still an outsider.

I live in a small town in a liberal area, but fully present as female in conservative places all the time. I've never felt in danger. I've received bad comments and stares but that is about it and not many of those. I am really careful on where i go alone when traveling, i dress smartly feminine but not over the top. Even if i am going to a friendly bar for instance i take a cab door to door and i go with companion(s). This stuff is what women face all the time too, 

One time i was dressed in women's sandals, capri jeans, and a pink t-shirt traveling in rural Northern Florida. (no makeup on and my hair was still short then) and i stopped in a truck stop. As soon as entered there was a group of biker types chowing on hot dogs. You could have heard a pin drop. No one said a word except if looks could kill. Upon leaving the lady behind the counter said... "Have a nice day sweetie! " ...and i did.