Anyone Here From Texas?

Over5

Used to be. Lived in Austin 4 years. (Yeah, I know some people would say it's not REALLY Texas! Back then the only sources of pollution were the University and the State Government!). I've heard the traffic is incredible now. Anyway that's where I first learned to love heels, and even ventured out in them publicly on rare occasion.

Steve

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Over5 said:

Pretty much like the title asks.  Is there anyone here from Texas, possibly the DFW area?

Hey buddy

I work for AA, and layover in the DFW area quite frequently.  Sometimes I stay at the airport Hyatt, but stay closer to downtown on longer layovers.  I'm always looking to meet up with like minded heel guys, especially to get out and about in heels.  I enjoy wearing high heel boots with levis.

Don

Steve63130,

Didn't know about the Texas chapter in your life! Austin has grown by leaps and bounds and should become the next city in the USA (possibly by 2020 but certainly by 2022) to reach a million residents within the city limits. Trouble is I-35 is still the main way through and the population has grown faster than the capacity of the road infrastructure.

pebblesf,

There is a store in the DFW area you may not know about;

electriqueboutique on NW Highway and I believe one other location. Huge selection of heels and outfits. Not far from Love Field.

HappyinHeels

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Not from Texas, but I use to go there lot on business - DFW, El Paso, Houston - and wore heels quite often.  Never had a problem, great state Texas.....   See ya, sf

The stars at night, so big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas....   smile :fine:

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 1 year later...

Wanted to revive this post a little and see if anyone would be interested in a meet up in the DFW area?  I would be interested to meet some like minded people and also gain some confidence "in numbers" to go out in public wearing heels.

Edited by Over5
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:41 PM, Over5 said:

Wanted to revive this post a little and see if anyone would be interested in a meet up in the DFW area?  I would be interested to meet some like minded people and also gain some confidence "in numbers" to go out in public wearing heels.

Hey guys, haven't looked at this thread for awhile....I work for AA and layover in DFW frequently....I layover in Austin sometimes also, was there last night...

Would really enjoy meeting fellow heelers, hopefully we can work something out...Don

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I’m taking a trip up to Fort Worth this week...

I'm on vacation now, so won't be flying again until after thanksgiving....Will surely let you know the next time I am headed for Austin!  Bring your boots and have fun...D

I thought about doing this whole trip in 4” heels as well but since it is Fort Worth I could not resist just wearing the tall black cowboy boots!  I may switch to suede boots in the evening though.  The great thing about these local trips is that I can bring lots of boots and do some shopping!

12 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I'm on vacation now, so won't be flying again until after thanksgiving....Will surely let you know the next time I am headed for Austin!  Bring your boots and have fun...D

Enjoy your vacation!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

Will be in Austin tomorrow, Sunday, 12/2.  Arriving around noon, staying at a downtown hotel....I know this is last minute but wanted to reach out anyway....I wear women's size 11 boots and will have a few pairs with me.  Would be so cool to meet up for coffee/drinks, leaving early Monday morning....Will check this thread before going to bed, but won't be able to check it again until tomorrow when we arrive...Don

• Like 1

Enjoy your short stay in Austin.  It’s too bad I won’t be coming through town at the same time.  I haven’t been in on a Sunday afternoon in while but downtown might be fun to walk around in, including South Congress.

5 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Enjoy your short stay in Austin.  It’s too bad I won’t be coming through town at the same time.  I haven’t been in on a Sunday afternoon in while but downtown might be fun to walk around in, including South Congress.

They have us staying at the ATT hotel in the middle of the college campus....Was looking forward to being close to 6th street, oh well...

• 3 months later...

I will be in Austin this Sunday, 4/7/19, arriving early afternoon, staying downtown....  Would be cool to meet up, hit the city in boots, have a drink and snack....Let me know if anyone in the area is interested....Don

12 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Are you flying back out first thing Monday, or staying a while?

Leaving early Monday morning....  But, we arrive at 1PM on Sunday, but am guessing you have plans on the weekend....Oh well, just wanted to check in anyway....Don

Every one is going to be somewhere else this week.  Some in Houston, Some in Paris and some even in Chicago.  Well, I will be in Augusta, Ga. this week.  It’s Masters Golf tournament week in Augusta and I’ve got a great set of “Press credentials “ (full access ).  I drove my motor home over last night and parked behind my friends business.  Looking forward to some great golf action.  Not really a venue for heels but a great place for Sneakers.  Let’s hope the weather cooperates.  It’s Spring in the South.

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.