Boot Storage

I am writing this new topic here at shoe repair and modifications, although I don't know if it should go here.  

I have found myself with a problem "not really a problem but a need for optimization of space".  As time has passed I have bought more than a few pairs of boots.  I have tried different forms of storage but haven't found one that really works for me.

I tried the boot hangers but they still take to much space, then bought another type of hanger but found that it is not what I am looking for.  i even bought some plastic boxes but I don't really use them that much.

My boots are all bunched up in a closet, which makes it hard for me to find the pair I am looking for.

Has someone found an effective way to store boots in an efficient way?  Please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

My wife stores her boots in the original boxes.  But then, she only had thee or four pair.  On the other hand, I store mine in the closet with rolled up newspaper inserted in the shafts.  And I only have a couple of pair of tall shaft boots. 

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

A bit late here but here are my 5 Cents:

Storing them with hangers you want to keep apart different colors with some paper. Darker boots can stain brighter and patent leather takes anything!

I store most of mine in their boxes or the vintage ones in cotton bags, toe stuffed with tissue and rolled then (lace up boots). Well, my longest are 120cm...wouldn't work any way. With not very soft leather they should not be stored folded longer. For them you should get a box big enough and store them rolled into thin paper/tissue.

• 6 months later...

If you have only a few pairs of boots, then placing empty water bottles inside the shafts works great. If, like me, you have many pairs of boots (one can never have too many!!!!), then maybe commit the cardinal sin of storing them in stackable plastic tubs? The boot shafts wiĺl need to be folded (ouch!!!) and the storage area free from moisture to prevent the leather becoming mouldy.

Good luck.

I keep my boots in a 4 drawer filing cabinet. I lined the drawers with cloth bags or cardboard 

ankle boots stand upright 5-6 pairs to a drawer

long boots lay down 4 pair to a drawer.

as far as keeping long boots straight here is my trick. I saw a lot of stores use blow up tubes. For tjose with swimming pools you may have seen a polystyrene 'noodle' kids play toy. About 1800 long x 100 diameter tube. I bought a couple of these for $1 each. Cut them in 4 and they are perfect. Depending on age and quality of noodle you might want to wrap it in cling wrap first to stop little bits of foam coming off

• Like 1

Regards

James

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for your replies to all!!!  As BootsOnly stated, I have more than a few pairs of boots and my main problem seems to be space wise.  I have them in a closet but unfortunately it seem to have fallen short to all the boots I have.  It has become hard for me to find them and obviously there is no more space to have more pairs.

If you know of any way to optimize space while been able to identify them I would greatly appreciate your help.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem with my growing boot collection.

I recently came across the Boot Butler available at Bed Bath & Beyond and elsewhere: https://www.bootbutler.com/

It's a bit spendy at US$70 to store 5 pairs, but it seems like a good idea for knee high boots, but I haven't tried it yet.  Then again, it's plastic with lots of thin bits, so you never know how the quality will be.

Then again, I don't have 7 inches of closet rod space to spare for the Boot Butler, so enh.

Edited by alphax

I got some narrow bookcases on Overstock and then made some addition wood shelves. I can adjust the height of each shelve and store two pairs of boots/booties per shelve, three pairs of some other heels.  Cost ~$70/case but I have over 40 pairs of heels and I want to be able to find my shoes.