SuperSix

Lvemadomina

Hi everyone!! I haven't posted in forever, but I'm thinking about doing what most would call crazy and that's buying extreme heels.

I'm asking if anyone knows good, reasonably priced brands that sell shoes like the devious scream shoe.

Devious and Pleaser are the only ones that I know of...I'm probably going to buy the scream if I can't find anything else out there. And if there's retailers that I could go to in store to try/buy a pair that'd be even better!

pleas329807_180637_lg.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lvemadomina said:

I'm thinking about doing what most would call crazy and that's buying extreme heels.

Not crazy, but be sure your ankles are ready or your in for a lot of frustration (and pain).  Make sure you have worked your way up to 5" then 5 1/2" before taking on a 6".

Sorry I can't suggest a vendor since a 6" is past my capability.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

4 hours ago, Lvemadomina said:

Hi everyone!! I haven't posted in forever, but I'm thinking about doing what most would call crazy and that's buying extreme heels.

I'm asking if anyone knows good, reasonably priced brands that sell shoes like the devious scream shoe.

Devious and Pleaser are the only ones that I know of...I'm probably going to buy the scream if I can't find anything else out there. And if there's retailers that I could go to in store to try/buy a pair that'd be even better!

pleas329807_180637_lg.jpg

Have you tried sexy shoes.com?  They are a company out of Michigan that have a good selection of shoes mostly made in China.  I have a pair of black patent pumps with 6" heels that I've had for 6 or 7 years that are almost worn out and need to be replaced.  I used to wear them everywhere.  Once I got used to the really high heels, they were very comfortable.  But I always had to pay extra attention to where I placed my feet because you just can't walk anywhere while wearing them.  You have to choose your path carefully and take extra care when walking down inclines or stairs.  But, despite these drawbacks, they are truely a joy to wear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey! Lvemadomina,

There are 6" heels and then there are 6" heels. Try not to get those that are only straight slopes from the back of the heel to the toe box. It's better when the slope curves toward and under your arch for some support. Like TBG said to be sure your ankles are ready, you may have to make periodic attempts wearing them - each time to be longer than the previous, until you build the proper familiarity and strength.

Have you looked at some 16cm heels that are made in China? It's called ForeverHeels.com out of Toronto, Canada. They have an ordering process that lets you select the heel height, style, size, color, texture, accessories, and with or without platforms for various pumps and boots. The prices seemed reasonable, but the manufacturing and delivery time can seem like forever.

Devious is a Pleaser brand. You might find them at an adult boutique - - not likely any standard retail outlet.

Saw a pair at Hustler Hollywood once, but they didn't carry size 10's so no luck trying them on.

14 hours ago, Histiletto said:

Hey! Lvemadomina,

There are 6" heels and then there are 6" heels. Try not to get those that are only straight slopes from the back of the heel to the toe box. It's better when the slope curves toward and under your arch for some support. Like TBG said to be sure your ankles are ready, you may have to make periodic attempts wearing them - each time to be longer than the previous, until you build the proper familiarity and strength.

Have you looked at some 16cm heels that are made in China? It's called ForeverHeels.com out of Toronto, Canada. They have an ordering process that lets you select the heel height, style, size, color, texture, accessories, and with or without platforms for various pumps and boots. The prices seemed reasonable, but the manufacturing and delivery time can seem like forever.

You know, I did look at that site, there are Sooooooo many options! I just don't like how you can't see like a preview of what they'd look like. I'm just not sure if I want to spend several hundred dollars just yet.

Have you ordered from there? How is the sizing? And in terms of taking forever, don't they have to make it after they receive the order and then ship it out?

8 hours ago, Heelster said:

Devious is a Pleaser brand. You might find them at an adult boutique - - not likely any standard retail outlet.

Saw a pair at Hustler Hollywood once, but they didn't carry size 10's so no luck trying them on.

Yeah, I am into the "Scene" a little bit and was told that they have stuff like that. The only thing is that they're Lingerie Stores and I wouldn't want to go alone...

1 hour ago, Lvemadomina said:

Yeah, I am into the "Scene" a little bit and was told that they have stuff like that. The only thing is that they're Lingerie Stores and I wouldn't want to go alone...

Why not?? I've been doing it for years - - Often as a guy in heels. (Otherwise it's work boots)

I find it amazing how many guys will not go into a Victoria's Secret by themselves, and won't shop or purchase - - It's like it's a taboo thing. I'm a 'know shopper' at one boutique, and they will put my size heels in back if there are ones going on clearance they know I might like.

Items of apparel are viewed by the stereotyping society gave them, not by the customer or chooser who desires to wear them. Finding these items in the size you want is made difficult due to the system that limits it's wares for a certain clientele or objective on the basis of what is considered the norm. Should the items only be found in particular outlets then that is the cost people have to deal with in getting what they want. Women use to have to buy men's rugged footwear if that is what they wanted. Now the market has opened a line of women's rugged footwear so they don't have to quote "cross the line". The same is true for men wearing high heels, when enough men are seen shopping for heels and then find their way to the cashier's counter to buy them. At least that is the process of demand and supply economics.

Lvemadomina, It has been a while since I have dealt specifically with Forever Heels (6ihf) and I have bought a few pairs of their high heel pumps. Sizing has to be dealt with per person. I looked at their sizing chart recommendations and decided to send my foot measurements in according to the drawing provided in the sizing section. I also communicated with Peter Chu about the specialties I wanted. The toe boxes weren't as snug as I am accustomed, which made the sizing a bit loose. Like many high heel makers that deal directly with people: their manufacturing, customer updating, and shipping process after the ordering and payment is completed, needs to be of better quality, so they have probably lost or have reduced patronage because of the aggravated hassle of feeling left out when the orders aren't on time as promised or detailed in their sales pitch.

• 6 months later...

Instead of posting a new thread, I figured I'd "bump" this one for the moment. Has anyone purchased from ItalianHeels.com? I've been looking at their shoes and just have a lot of questions. Still searching for that perfect pair of super arch pumps

I'm just nervous that because of my shoe size, the 6inch heel won't be steep like it is in the pictures...

Any intel/suggestions, let me know Thanks again everyone, I do appreciate all the feedback a lot.

I have a couple pairs from Italianheels, nice quality but I noticed a giant step up in a half size with the exact same model shoe/heel height :(

I first got a size 40 (I usually wear womens 9) in 100mm, they were a little snug, so I tried a 40.5 in 120mm, still a little snug so tried a 41, but I need to wear thick socks to fit in those. Kind of annoying. 

What size do you normally wear?

(formerly known as "JimC")

3 hours ago, Rockpup said:

I have a couple pairs from Italianheels, nice quality but I noticed a giant step up in a half size with the exact same model shoe/heel height :(

I first got a size 40 (I usually wear womens 9) in 100mm, they were a little snug, so I tried a 40.5 in 120mm, still a little snug so tried a 41, but I need to wear thick socks to fit in those. Kind of annoying. 

What size do you normally wear?

If I do the +2 rule for women's sizing, it's....42-43 in EU or 12 US. I can fit in "some" size 11/41-42's so I'm not sure what to reference since shoes are so different (sigh) I was looking at the Danubia model or something similar.

I've usually found a 1-1.5 size difference, but it is totally dependent on maker. I am usually a 7.5 in mens, but sometimes 7 or 8. Sidi's I am a 42 euro, but a 40-41 on other makes. 

(formerly known as "JimC")

I've recently picked up some high heels from Italia Boutique through the auction program they offer. After selecting the auction section in your shoe size range, you'll have access to many heels both single soled and platformed. If you see any that are of interest, first - click them into your watch list and if you want - put a bid in for them while noticing the ending date and time. Second - Make sure you have the funds ready to pay the ending bid + s&h available. Then figure how high you are willing to spend to win the auction and then add half of that amount difference to the present bid to make a possible winning bid in the highest bid table. This should let you know if you are the highest bidder or if you need to bid higher till you reach your maximum. People have learned to make bids when the auction is about to end, so be prepared to enter your top bid in the waning 5 seconds, if you feel it is needed. By the way the bidding is in Euros and the shipping and handling charge will be noted with the advertisement that is added to the final accepted bid, which should be considered as you enter your bid(s). If by chance you loose the auction, usually there is a relisting of the heels in another auction that will probably end in 6 t0 7 days, so you really have not lost all together. This will give you a better idea of what is expected for bidding process in order to win the auction. Usually auction followers know what the items they are bidding on have sold for, so it may take a few tries and experience to win the high heels you want. Just keep the amount you are willing to spend with in your budget or financial ability to pay. The penalties could ban your use of future E-bay transactions. 

Edited by Histiletto

A word of caution though, Italia Boutique offers different shoes then Italianheels. Both in sizing and style. Other then being made in Italy they have little in common.

As for a winning strategy to win Ebay bids I concur that you should first determine how much you are willing to spend at max and stick to that. Once you know that I use Gixen as a sniping tool to place my bid at the last possible moment, last second if possible. I use a sniping tool for two reasons, because its easier then having to be at the ready at sometimes odd times, and because sometimes internet can be wonky, or my browser can be wonky and it sucks to lose an auction because your laptop has been put into sleep mode way too often, has too much active programs slowing it down or because your browser will chose that exact moment to crap out. Murphy's law! Also placing an early bid is pointless in my POV. It means little as the heavy hitters will only come in at the last possible moment giving you a false sense of security and it will only serve to stir up the chumps to push up the price beforehand. The point is not to have the highest bid for most of the auction period, it's to have the highest bid at the end.