2016: Best Wishes to you all!

HappyinHeels

Good Day and Happy New Year,

Hoping 2016 found everyone safe and sound. It is a new year, a leap year, and a Summer Olympics year the first one to occur in South America a place you'll continue to hear about in the years to come.

I wonder how many of us will enjoy the new year more than the old year in terms of how we get out and express our personality. Will this be the year many of us venture out in heels for the first time? Incorporate new things into our outfits? Meet other members of this forum? 

I have never been one for making New Year's resolutions as it seems trendy and that reminds me of pop culture which doesn't do any country much good and even less so for the individual looking to better oneself. Life is a journey of continual self-improvement which need not start on a specific date. It needs only individual determination and subsequent confidence to pull it off. If you want to quit smoking, lose weight, be a better person, or wear those heels that have never the outside look inward first. Too many people look to make someone else rich to fix their own problems. Your brain is an idea factory and a repository of strength to forge ahead and solve your own challenges. We all need the occasional helping hand but I believe we have to look inward first and resolve to change before we may ask for help from others. It ultimately comes down to wanting to change and enjoy a different result. Here's hoping all of us meet our goals in 2016 and beyond. :fine:   HappyinHeels 

• Like 1

I can see this year being a big year for change. I see some things happening that will make change for me a bit different. How the economy changes what I do for a living may be the big one as I see the steel industry slip further away, and this will force me to make some changes, but also may allow me to do things differently in the future.

Not sure how it will all pan out yet - - - - Will take it one step at a time.

There has been a great deal of attention in the press lately concerning the cleanliness of nail salons.  So, it would be prudent to pay close attention to the appearance an practices of anyplace you choose to get your nails done.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heelster,

You work in a challenging industry indeed. I watched the changes in the steel industry in Pennsylvania in the 1970's and it wasn't pleasant. You also live in Ohio which probably has more small and medium-size cities slammed by job losses over the decades than any other state. Seems only Columbus has thrived.

mwhh,

Heard stories about nail salons. A lot of them are run by people cutting corners but also get a little known but enormous break on their business taxes. I get my nails done at a suburban Chicago home where I know what I am getting. I have also used a salon that Steve63130 swears by so I now know what I am getting there too. Best advice is to simply ask around. Reputable (and recommended) places will not mind the questions and will welcome all customers, male and female alike.

HappyinHeels

Columbus and Cincy have fared well, but the rest of Ohio is in the dumps. Steel across the country is getting hurt by cheap imports. Late in life to make major career change, but I may have no choice.

Hey Heelster, for whatever it may be worth (or not), late life career change can be done. I'm nearing 6 years into my new career - started the new gig at age 64.

Best wishes in any case!

Regards, Logjam

On 1/4/2016 at 9:43 PM, Logjam said:

Hey Heelster, for whatever it may be worth (or not), late life career change can be done. I'm nearing 6 years into my new career - started the new gig at age 64.

Best wishes in any case!

Regards, Logjam

Appreciated - - I'm reviewing options these days. Timing is kinda important too.

I don'r really know if this year will be too different from last.  I have seen a few things that make it look better.  For starters, clothing genders are starting to blend which might make it easier for us to express ourselves.  Also, somehow I start to feel a little bolder about using my high heeled boots, and even leggings and hosiery.  

I am working on making a difference, if it will pan out this year or later we'll find out.  As for now, I get a lot of joy from dressing the way I am starting too.

Have a great year!!!!

Thighmax,

Be the change you most want to see in 2016! The latest trend in self-confidence starts with what you see in the mirror. Pick out something and llok at yourself. If you like what you see then the decision is easy. Strap in and get out. Today's fun should be had today.  You'll spend a lifetime waiting for others to do things to make it easier for you or you can accelerate your part of it TODAY. All the best to you.  HappyinHeels

Start the New Year right ---  Get out there in some nice heels and enjoy yourself.....  Once you do it, you will never look back..  

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Yes, belated New Years greetings to all of you fellow heelers! Has been a fast paced entry into the New Year and I am just getting my first break now. Great time to reflect and make a wish list of things for this new year. Good discussion Happyinheels, yes it appears many of us are getting pushed into career alternatives because economy and climate changes. But as well personal expression and gender fluidity is coming into the mainstream which is a huge plus. I certainly hope to capitalize on that trend this year, mind you I have been doing that the last few years. It was nice to meet up with Steve63130 in Vancouver in August, took in a pride event and enjoyed Las Vegas with my wife wearing heels and other styles that I have longed for. So for me the new year brings more plans of expression of self and my likes. If at any time in my life it is now to make the most of it and live life to fullest, wear anything and have fun with it, because all the changes we need to do this comes from within.

• Like 1