i told my mom!

terayon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked the Madden website ans saw both models. PEPE would be my favorite as well but SLINKY is described as "great on anybody" and with only a 2-inch heel could easely be worn by a guy under shorts. I also noted these were available in size 11, 12 and 13 (not a typical girly size). The padded lining on PEPE must be great but pending their size don't overlook DANIELLA for indoor. SYNC must walk by itself with the raise at the front of the sole. I have pair similar to SANDD and these straw inner soles are excellent during summer, allowing much better heat evacuation. BANDEIRA has a similar inner sole and is available in size 11. They also have nice non heeled platforms like SLAMMER and the JAMMER thongs. If size is a problem don't forget the IGNITE model is available in size 11, 12 and 13. Have fun shopping and don't forget to tell us what you bought.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-16 00:06 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Let's not be too hard on Terayon's mom here. She was being practical. I don't think she was forbidding Teyaron from wearing the sandles in public with shorts. I think she was simply saying that she knew Teyaron wouldn't have the nerve to wear them with shorts in public, and as such, he should pick something he'd actually use. I'm with her on this one if my take is correct. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I never intended to be hard on his mom, I just tried to point out there are other ways of keeping those slippers usefull. Some of mine are more than 10 years old but still in excellent shape because I can alternate and take good care of them. If somebody really is interested in shoes, diversity is the name of the game. Most of the guys on this board have switched their mind from a single pair of boots, shoes and sandals till they are worn out, to a small collection of different styles they can select from according to their mood, desires or needs for that moment (as most girls were brought up to do). Worn that way the investment spread over numerous years provides excellent value for money, just like his mom does.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-16 03:42 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

I have some sandels from steve madden like those ones with the wedge heel, but a little different in the top strap style. they are black and mostly have been wearing them in & around the house/outside area, but I may yet wear them 4 a walk this summer if it gets hot enough (which I think that it will) very nice design and style on them very comfy to walk in as well. yours, Brad

I agree shock queen about that all the rest ARE nothing but clones!!! and, yes they DO wear MUNDANE styles day in day out, I do get so tired of seeing it too! no imagination, no fashion tast whatsoever!! boring, boring boring!! thank god 4 this board! yours, Brad

Wow T, I just joined the forum so I'm kind of catching up. It's nice to hear that your mom has been so supportive. My mom FREAKED when she found a pair of her pantyhose in my room, and freaked even more when she discovered that I had been wearing her high heels too! heh heh heh heh. She asked all of the usual questions "are you gay?" etc. Of course the answer was no, but at the time I don't think she believed me. She never really accepted it and finally I practically quit wearing them until I moved out on my own. Congrats T!

btw terayon, I love your platform boots. I have a very similar pair my self!! (I LOVE platform boots! esp. wedges one of which I'm wearing right now that I got from aldo shoes & my local mall (I live in the US, southern orange county southern CA)they good good with heavy leather levis denim levis and love to wear them with blue cut off levis and (like now) black spandex shorts!!

• 1 year later...

I never told my mom, although I think she suspected that I was wearing my aunt's high heels. She may have discovered the first pair of women's boots I bought on my own when I was 12. However I had a little girlfriend at the time, so she satisfied herself that at least I wasn't "gay".

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

The kids part is though. My wife knows of my heel wearing and buying, but I haven't exposed my 8yr old daughter yet. I don't really hide my shoes, though they are all in boxes and she hasn't nosed in them yet. But I am sure that soon will come. What worries me about kids is that there is no control anymore who they will tell. You can just as well put it in the paper that you wear heels.

Since I plan on telling my parents first I really don't care who the kids tell. I really want to start wearing them more when I go out places. I more concerned how they will react or accept it, really don't want to embarass them to their freinds. Kids can really be mean to each other, The divorce to their mother was really ugly to start with. Took years to reconnect with the kids.