i told my mom!

terayon

thanks a lot ! the pair of heels i was talkin of getting would be a smaller heel(2-3inch..my current boots are 4.5inch with 1.5inch plat) which i think would be better for walking my dogs in at night and a practice shoe for me...im not in any rush, but if i see one ima pick it up...i really am happy..ive been wanting to wear heels for honestly as long as i can remember, its great that i now can!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Terrayon, you're on the good tracks, I was thinking you would buy some more extreme again, sorry for misinterpreting your realistic mind. Enjoy yourself, Highluc.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

On 2002-03-18 21:38, terayon wrote:

how did your dad react?

As I recall, he said something like "We'll get you sorted out one of these days!" and laughed. I've spent a while working out who and what I am (like my whole life so far) and I've been thru it with my Dad. I think he's just going to be cool with it all.

im the other way around....id much rather tell my mom than my dad...i think in general moms are more accepting of their children...while men tend to be a stricter or more set in their ways

Well, as someone's Dad, I'm happy to accept anything my son says to me about himself - but I know that most people would rather talk to their Mom. I'm just not one of those people!

Having said that, I'm not sure I'd actually wear heels when my Dad's around. Certainly not yet. Part of that might be that I always have my little boy with me when I see my Dad, tho'.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Oh, to have some of those problems! I must have missed something in my life as I never knew my real father, had to make do with my sister's dad. He was clearly not comfortable with the idea of me wearing heels, but it's not his life and for 10 years he's not had to live with it. Not that I want to see him again anyway. Glad that your mum's coming to terms with your choices, Terayon. They usually do tend to be more compliant with their children. I understand your reservation about informing your sister of this, but if she's anything like my sister she'll probably be raiding your boot collection in no time. My sister sometimes tries my boots then complains that they are too high for her! B) She knew about my heels before my parents did. That may have been part of the catalyst to acceptance. Keep going! You've overcome the biggest hurdle, the next is daylight walking :smile: which isn't as hard as most think.

I agree with firefox about women generally being more empathic than men, many are pretty cool about men who have unorthodox fashion tastes :smile: Of course, there are those who try to keep their men locked into the conventional, but I reckon they are probably in a shrinking minority, after all, isn't it every womens dream to go out with a man who likes to look his best, even if it is in an unusual way? Obviously your mum terrayon accepts your quirkiness as just that, which from both your's and firefoxes point of view is great, you'll get to wear heels, william will get his beer B)

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

hehe today i showed her the boots on me...the only thing she seemed amazed about was how friggin tall i am...like 6 foot 4, and shes only like 5 foot 3-4..my sister is 5 foot 1..im a damn giant compared to the rest of my familly..only my dad is same height as me

Every time I see a younger person like terayon making tremendous progress so quickly, I get a little bummed out thinking of the years I personally wasted. I sure wish the internet was around when I was terayon's age...........let me see.........................that would have been 1978 .... :eek: Good for you terayon!!

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

my mom and sister are really short....my sister is 18 and is WAY WAY shorter than me...8D she wears her 4inch aldo boots and still is tiny, the biggest downside i find to having small siblings is that they have very small feet, my sister is like a size 5 womens and my mom is a size 6...no way i can get into any of their shoes, but then again..they cant wear mine =)

On 2002-03-22 01:29, Charlie wrote:

Every time I see a younger person like terayon making tremendous progress so quickly, I get a little bummed out thinking of the years I personally wasted. I sure wish the internet was around when I was terayon's age[

/quote]

I absolutely agree. Mind, I think that I'm catching up now. But yeah, I went thru loads of stuff growing up. If only I'd known at 16 what I know now, life would have been so much easier!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I think the only thing driving me to get it out of the way so quickly is that i am so damn impatient and i would have gone crazy if i didnt tell my mom, also i really wanted to wear my boots more around the house

You did the right thing to let it out, and try to let it out to more people gradually too. Otherwise you'll end up living a lie, always looking over your shoulder, locking shoes away, hiding things, racing back from work because you left your shoe out and you gf might see it. All that sort of crap. If people know, there's nothing to hide, and I can think of some far worse hobbies :smile:

About worse hobbies, here's one: remote controlled airplane flying. I invested over $500.00 and countless hours building the darned thing (I had the pilot looking just like Elvis Presley) when I got a bit bold and flew it into a thunderhead to see what would happen. That was the last I ever saw of the plane! This was 10 years ago, and I like to think Elvis is still up there flying around. :smile: Of course, the point here is that my shoes always come back if I do! B) I still can't even bring myself to recount the Messerschmitt 109 model plane incident........... Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

98% of the guys on this board means as much as all the needles you can find in all the haystacks on a continent, keep looking out, we're expanding.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I talked to my mom more about my boots today...she wondered why i didnt wear them to school...she also said that when she was a kid they didnt have girls / boys fashions and that a guy could wear heels or platforms if he wanted too....lucky punks = i told her if i got a boot with a lower heel i might wear it to school...i really want something with a wedge heel...maybe 1inch plat and 2-2.5inch heel...for starters...very un noticable...but i garauntee someone would notice that...like NO guys at my school wear leather shoes at all...99% wear skateboard shoes (i do too) or timberland boots

Your mom seems more comfortable with the idea of heels as you. Step out of the herd that all wear the same styles at school, have guts and be yourself, but show good taste and coordination.

i told my mom i wanted new boots for easter...she bought me an AWSOME pair of knee high leather boots with a 2.5inch wedge heel and a 1/2inch platform...they are AWSOME! she also bought me a surprise pair of wedge heel strappy sandals (payless lot # 13405 ) this is soo great...i really really love the boots, i wore them outside today to the beach under long pants and nobody even gave me a glance..the sandals are awsome too!

i dunno...they look more like mens boots than womens if anything...since its a wedge heel, and i wear long pants unless you were flat out looking for the heel you wouldnt be able to distinguish it from mens shoes...they are really nice...rounded toe...ill try and get pictures soon. the sandals a little small, so i may exchange them for a bigger size tommorow...i got $150 from my grandparents for easter, so i may buy another pair of boots or shoes as well :smile:

Terayon, this is great news. I'm glad your mom accepts your style and even encourages you. I think this beer bet will end up with a six pack instead FF and X. Maybe those wedges will allow you to slowly break it in to your dad and sister. Enjoy your life in heels as from now, Highluc

PS: The lack of feminine look of your new wedges are ideal at this stage to boost your confidence and ensure maximum public use. The sensations you will enjoy come from the heels, not from the look.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-01 10:09 ]</font>

Hi there, I am so glad Terayon has had a warm reaction by her mother to her wearing high heels. My mother found out when I was 19 years old ( I am now in my late twenties). She already knew that I wear nail polish and nylons a year or two earlier ( I started using her polish and used to flash my toes in front of her). But one day she came back home to find a pair of her mules had moved from the bedroom to the landing. She knew it must have been me as I was alone in the house. So she confronted me and I admitted it and as she was curious she made me wear them in front of her. Initially embarrased by this I wore them and she said they did not look too bad but I should not wear too much as I would stretch them ( I am siza 7.5, she is size 6). Two weeks later she and I were shopping and as we passed a shoe shop ( clarks), I had the urge to ask her if I can buy my own sandals, that way I wouldn't have to stretch her mules I said jokingly. At first hesitant she then agreed and soon we were looking at a pair of black sandals with a 2 inch heel in the sales section. She selected them for me and told me to try them on before buying but I told her I would rather not as it was busy and I had painted my toenails. But we bought them and since then my mom has bought me two more pair of heels ( 1 court shoe and 1 pair sandals)however they are only 2.5 inches high. Initially she did not know why I liked women's footwear but after the last ten years she knows that I like feminine footwear and knows that it doesn't mean I am gay. So the message to Terayon is you are not alone and by pushing the boundaries with your family you may be pleasantly surprised by their reaction. You may just have to explain to them several times your motives to wear heels, I know I did! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: polishuser2002 on 2002-04-02 00:57 ]</font>

Great news that she encourages you T! And cool to hear your story as well, polishuser. I do some polish on my toes but it is an occasional thing and hang back from my more gothic days. I only wear dark blue or purple myself, but I that's my choice and I think guys should wear other colours if they want. Has Xaphod admitted liability for the "sixpack" yet? I think it should be a crate at this rate!

thanks for all the advice / support i wish my battle was over...in my moms house its 1 down, 1 to go..i still have yet to tell my sister...although i dont care what she thinks...her and i dont get along well at all...and i know she will tell her firneds who will tell their friends until the whole damn school knows....

Wow! Great job, I love the sandals. I applaud you and your mum, and hope things with your sis work out well. As far as school goes, well sometimes I feel that having strangers or non friends/family find out is even more nerve racking 'cus they don't know the real you. But hey who cares, you only want to get to know the people that will care about you for you no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...