A nite @ the Comedy Works.

Anita C.

I live about 30 minutes from Lower Downtown, known as LoDo to us natives. Parking is not too challenging but still involves a 1/2 block walk. Once there you get to traverse a flight of 25 stairs to get to the 'Works and make your way to the green room where we (the Comedians) must check in. Being Mardi Gras, I wore a gold hologram cocktail dress, coffee hose & gold 5.5" Stilettos. I made the walk ok . . . and those damned stairs clik-clik-cliking my way along. I no sooner got to the Green Room and one of the gals commented "OK-now let's see the footwear . . . (sigh) those look SO hot! I still don't see how you do it." The other comedians all turned and said in unison "Practice, practice, practice!". My set was 4 minutes. I opened with a few Mardi Gras comments "How many of you are celebrating Mardi Gras?" The crowd responded with yells & assorted revelious noises. I said "Well . . . YER IN THE WRONG F*****' TOWN!". THIS got 'em going. "So . . . do y'all like the dress? What about the SHOES?". I did the walk & catwalk flip giving them a full back view. LOUD applause. "Remember this girls and hold it true, chunky heels might be cute BUT Stilettos are S E X Y - period, end of story.". THUNDEROUS applause. After my set was done I clik-clik-clik'ed my way backstage and then went out & mingled for a bit. The most common question? "WHERE can I get a pair?". I just wonder how many new Stiletto owners' form my audience there will be tomorrow??? :D After that it was back to my car. I then drove over to Samanthas' Lounge. I LOVE spreading the Stiletto Gospel!!!! :D:D Ciao! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.