The Season Of Sweaters

JeffB

With fall here and winter right around the corner, I've stocked up on sweaters to pair with my seasonal skirts and boots. It's really great to wear women's sweaters because of how soft they are, and since I've opted for medium size, they're nice and snug on me, and that's a great feeling, on top of that, they look good on me and, just as importantly, they help keep me warm. Here's what I have:

5 turtlenecks (black, red, gray, brown, beige)

5 V-necks (black, red, ivory, blue, gray)

8 mocknecks (black, red, ivory, navy, brown, magenta, turquoise, gray)

5 crewnecks (black, red, turquoise, gray, magenta)

4 long sleeve tees (black, red, magenta, blue)

Suffice it to say, I have plenty of seasonal tops to get me through the rest of fall and winter in style, and I'm all about being stylish when it comes to my appearance. Who else are into sweaters like I am?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I haven't done an inventory but I have a lot of sweaters and turtlenecks.  I really like wearing them when it's cold enough, but with the global warming... last week I was still wearing shorts.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 11/26/2015, 2:03:02, LovesHiHeels said:

Not me. I never wear sweaters

Aww, you don't know what you're missing!  :wink:

On 11/26/2015, 10:49:02, Thighbootguy said:

I haven't done an inventory but I have a lot of sweaters and turtlenecks.  I really like wearing them when it's cold enough, but with the global warming... last week I was still wearing shorts.

I know what you mean. Temps reached into the upper 60's here yesterday. But, when it does get chilly, I'll be ready!

23 hours ago, stevey2 said:

Not tried sweaters i have a 2 or 3 different  cardigans to wear with short sleve dresses

Hmm! That sounds like something interesting to try.

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Yeah, I like sweaters. I have one particular favorite that my wife knitted for me before we were married. I am thinking about trying some longer sweaters, and wearing them with leggings this winter. 

I've done that once and found it to be a good look.

Yep I do wear sweaters find them warm and comfortable. One of my favorites is the really thick one like worn in the old series Husky and Starch. (Starsky and Hutch)

life is not a rehearsal

sweaters rock! I wear them most days to work and always take an alternate if I'll be going to different store. I prefer either a turtleneck, a cardigan, or even a sweater dress over jeans in place of a jacket. Pair these with wedges or boots for a great shopping experience. I generally layer clothing instead of going right for the heavy coat. HappyinHeels

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking forward to my first long sweaters. I have these coming in the mail on Wednesday. I can't wait to try them out. I hope they look 1/10th as good on me as they do on the model, who is a total CUTIE. Can anyone say "impulse shopping?"

image.png

image.png

11 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I am looking forward to my first long sweaters. I have these coming in the mail on Wednesday. I can't wait to try them out. I hope they look 1/10th as good on me as they do on the model, who is a total CUTIE. Can anyone say "impulse shopping?"

image.png

image.png

Interesting! Please be sure to let us know how those sweaters work out for you.

Miroseplant -  I love long sweaters and turtlenecks.

I just bought a faux fur trimmed sleeveless sweater.  This really is a heavy sweater and is quite warm.  I was just out in 35F (1C) weather, as pictures but wearing gloves, and was quite comfortable.

Snapshot_20151230-(5).jpg.5eeda3c3960070

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On December 29, 2015 at 9:34 AM, JeffB said:

Interesting! Please be sure to let us know how those sweaters work out for you.

Alas, fellas! I received my sweaters yesterday, and they are too small! I plan to return/exchange, and we'll try again in another week. 

TBG--I'm not sure I could pull off the fur, but it's a look I would be willing to experiment with. 

miroseplant: Bummer! Hopefully, you'll get your right size and be able to show them off soon.

TBG: Fur, eh? Hmm! I'm not sure I could pull that off, but hey, more power to you!