Why I LOVE Dallas!

Anita C.

Texas girls, stand up & take a bow. Y'all are flawless! I relish the opportunity to go to Dallas. It's a world of manners, "Howdy, Ma'am", big hair, big jewelry, Stiletto heels and panache'. In Dallas those girls don't go to the grocery story without make-up, jewelry, 'Hair & Heels! Never know WHEN ya might run into "Mr. Right" . . . or even "Mr. Right Now" and you MUST be lookin' good 'cuz you KNOW every other gal there will be. There's a club in Dallas, I won't mention the name, that has a sign in the lobby (the club is on the top floor) that states "Ladies and Gentlemen MUST be appropriately attired or they will be turned away" . . . My kind of place! Appropriate attire is: dresses or skirts for the Ladies (NO slacks) and suits with a tie for the Gentlemen. Whoa . . . I'm getting faint! When the elevator doors part you are greeted by rich Cherrywood panelling, deep green pile carpet trim, Black Terrazo tile tables and cordovan leather highbacked chairs with cherrywood barstools with backs surrounding the bar. The floor leading to the main room is polished marble. As you clik-clik-clik your way back to the dining room/lounge the restored Cherrywood bar with brass trim and mirrors comes into view. Approximately 40' long it is the essence of Texas style. South of the bar overlooking the metroplex is the dance floor/bandstand. The floor is hardwood and is resurfaced annually. Probably because of the tremendous amount of High Heel traffic! I love to go there for Happy Hour and to people watch. Just for the record I am SO glad I'm a woman! Guy clothes are so, so, what is the word . . . BORING! Us gals get all the good stuff! The Stilettos, the dresses, the make-up, hair and jewelry. Happy Hour is a non-stop parade of Dallas Galls dressed to the Nines. I can say that Heels seem to be a prerequsite as do inch long french manicured 'Nails & BIG, and I mean REALLY BIG, Hair and jewelry . . . LOTSA jewelry. The evenings Happy Hour crowd is pleasant but not high energy. There is never the uncomfortable air of intensity you feel in New York, Chicago or L.A.. Relaxed . . . unhurried. If you didn't get it done by now, t'ain't gonna happen so let it go. Even as it evolves into evening the aura is fun and elegant but never harried. The sounds of glasses clinking with fresh ice cubes, the low din of many conversations are accompanied by the clik-clik-clik-clik of Stilettos going here & there on the tiled floor. Ladies who lunch are now Ladies who cocktail! The group goes on at 9:30 and plays until 2:00. Their repetiore' consists of swing, big band, 50's/60's, and of course some modern country. All very dancable and pleasant. Dallas, Texas. Where Gentlemen still hold doors open for Ladies, offer a hand when getting out of the car, stand when a lady arrives/departs from the table, "Yes, Ma'am" & "No, Ma'am", pull out your chair and where people with manners, style & grace still dress up! I must have seen over a hundred fifty pairs of High Heels that night. Virtually every gent there was in a suit and was wearing a tie. I didn't see one pair of Nikes OR jeans. . . or backwards baseball caps :D (D U H ! ). Denver makes me appreciate Dallas. YEE-HA! Off to Neimans'. :D Ciao! Anita

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Anita-C.:-) I have not been to Dallas, Texas as of yet, but it is nice to see that there is still a city in our great country where manners taught to you by your Mom while growing up is still practiced. Besides that---sounds like a great place for "Girl Watchin'". :D:D Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Sure beats those biker bars, huh? Although I am not into the club scene, I used to vacation in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area quite a bit in the past. If it weren't for the hot summer months and the stinging fire ants, it would be a great place to live.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

That club sounds like a place where you can have an excellent time. I haven't made plans for my holidays yet. Maybe Dallas would be a nice idea. Anita, do you have a little hint for us "Never-been-to-Dallas" guys, where that club is located? Sounds like a hotel....

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

Anita, Your view of Dallas is right on the mark. I lived there for a while, and it was a crossdressers dream come true. I have not found a place where otherwise that when dressed in heels and skirts or dresses that you don't stand out. As a fan of high heels and big hair, Dallas rules!!

Any day that you don't learn something new is a day wasted.

Dallas is the place. Great city. Good restaurants. However, the controlled airspace surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth airport is a pilots nightmare. Although it's been a few years since I've flown into DFW as a pilot, I still have bad dreams of landing at the wrong airport. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I must agree that the airspace is, ummmm . . . shall we say busy! :D I last flew (in the rt. front seat!) into DFW about 8 years ago in a Falcon and LORDY was it a mess! I don't fly much anymore. I got to a point where I'd rather sleep! :D But what a great place! Ciao, Anita C.

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Kell:-) A crossdressers dream??? You don't stand out??? I think if I lived there I wouldn't have moved out!!! I have never been to Dallas, but it sure sounds as if I should check that town out thoroughly. Probably some great "Street-heeling" there too. cheers--- Dawn HH

• 1 month later...

and here I though it was you could pack up all your whatever style boots in with clothes and once in "big d" mix and match outfits lookin' like the good ole boys and gals wearin' their western boots anywhere and everywhere the sun. yee-hah!!!! :D

Boots Rock!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a gal wearing white 5" Stilletto Heeled Ostrich skinned cowGIRL boots with gold trim! :D Ciao! Anita C.

Anita C.:-) Ostrich cowgirl boots with gold trim??? WOW!!! I'll bet she had to dig deep down into her pocket book to pay for them. That ostrich never looked or sounded (Heel tips) so good. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 years later...