A Scientific approach to heel height..

NrthEastHeel

Very funny indeed. I downloaded the app. I have been walking in heels basically every weekend since around 2009 (not counting the times where I was wearing them every now and then - then it would be 2000). That doesn't cause THAT much difference in the possible heel height.

But when I enter a much higher price of the shoe, the difference is quite dramatic. Funny enough: The app doesn't differentiate between the currencies, so it doesn't matter if you enter stuff in EUR, USD or YEN.

So.. with a 50 USD pair I can go up to 3.67 inch (9,32 cm), but when I take e.g. one of my Prada boots which retails for 750 USD, I can go up to 5.19 inch (13.17 cm). My most expensive high heels are the most recent Louboutins. I could go up to 5.26 inches (13.37 cm)... :cheeky:

While the formula in general could also be an April fools joke, there is one element to it which I found to be true: More expensive heels (especially if they are higher) are better to walk in - but then again, when you pass a certain price point, the "walkability" doesn't improve further, or can even decrease again, depending on how outrageous the designer made the model look like.

Whenever I see a math formula my eyes pretty much start to glaze over. Me and math didn't get along in high school. Basic calculations, I have no problems with that, anything with a formula though and my brain pretty much has a blue screen of death error.

One thing I don't get is the correlation between price and heel height. Some of the easiest to walk in 5.5" heels are those of Pleasers, and they cost a hell of a lot less then the expensive brands. Hell, I've yet to even find a designer brand that even offers 5.5" heels (without platforms).