general discussion

new_look

i was in our work staffroom, and we have a gay lad who was talking womens fashions with some of the girls, he was on about some thing someone had made him do dressing as a woman etc, and i joined in the conversation with a load of my opinions after some laughed. A short skirt is only like a pair of shorts just styled differently, etc, and we all came to a big agreement that fashion and 'someone' basically said that men wear this and women wear this, and people believe it. I said that people create half of that, eg if Paul (the gay lad) was to wonder in in high heels that theyd all laugh without thinking, when really it doesnt really make any difference to anyone, and it would be his choice. It was then agreed that yes they would probably laugh but after a few weeks or a length of time, they would get used to it and accept it, which has given me something to think about :D

Hi Daz, I think that you are right, it is very much a case of doing as you are told with clothing, fashon rules, those that dont comply are sneered at. Practicality needs to be taken into consideration as well, over here in blighty the weather lends itstelf to dressing up warm, but over in somewhere like Egypt the blokes wear what we would call long flowing dresses. this is of course to keep them cool, last summer I would have seriously worn one as it was so hot for months and months, but with the lady next door editing the parish magazine it was probibly best that I did not. We cant use high heels in this argument as they are not really the most practical of foot wear, but thigh length boots in the winter would keep me warm in more ways than just one :D Anyway unless you work in the back office of your bank, it would be be best to comply to the norm until glam rock comes back, The Darkness could be the best thing to happen to us. cheers for now. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

i do work in the back office, The bank would argue that although not illegal or 'not allowed' dress code, that it wouldnt look professional, because even if most of the staff were to agree/like it, there is a customer base of 30000 of which you can say will be a huge percentage who wouldnt stop their laughing for a minute to think about it.

my family doesnt know yet. my dad is very homophobic and against things he would class as been a 'puff' - not very open minded. as im still under his roof im treading that one very carefully. although away from home, i am wearing my heels on a frequent basis

Daz, re. when and where heels can or can't be worn, members like Firefox and JeffB just get on with it, and wear them everywhere! Firefox wear high heels to work, and to meet his firm's many business clients, and when running his golf club, and in front of his parents and his friends and to his local restaurants etc. and in fact in all of very same situations that you say are impossible. I can testify to this, because I've gone to number of such situations with him (in my own heels!). JeffB not only wears high heels to work, but they are very feminine brightly coloured stiletto courts etc., and he is constantly posting that everyone clusters round complimenting him on his latest shoe styles, and they even protested when he slipped up one day and appeared in ordinary trainers! I hope this is encouraging to you and other forum members. I Look forward to seeing you at some of the future Heel-Meets (see "Real Life Meetings" thread). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi Daz, I know what you mean, I recently found myself looking at a peers shoes at work and when I was rumbled I said that I thought they were awsome, I was somewhat embarresed as even though I was only interested in the shoes, others may well have thought that I was comming on to her, so to ease the situation I explained that my wife was a great shoe collector and in turn I shared her interest, we got talking and I found that she was quite the expert on shoes, I cant remember how the next bit happened, I think I was due a trip to one of my northampton customers but se found the shoe museum in northampton on the web site and forwarded the link to me. the most awsome shoes are the size 11 6inch courts, i must have blushed or something, I said that I would love to have a go in them, just for fun! It then was time for me to make a quick exit as I felt that I had been rumbled and I had crossed the line with her. Time will tell. Anyway, to the point, I have to say daz that as much as I love being in my heels, I dont think that I am ready to cope with the attention that it would generate at my place of work, maybe when you and I are a little older we may feel free to talk about who we are and wt we like more, But I do agree, It is not easy. One day I will tell you about the day my wife found out I owned a pair of 4" thigh length boots. That was akward for an hour or two! cheers, Nigel.

Thanks nige i think you summed me up a bit too. Im not at such a stage where i would feel comfortable to wear them at work because of the attention. I havent yet reached the veteran level of enjoying the attention to the point that it is disappointing if you dont get seen as some members here do. I wear them for self pleasure, not to get noticed. daz

HI Daz, Lets hope you, your other half, My wife and I all meet up some time, I am not too sure about Hayway, I would like to go and meet everybody, but It will be a long way to go with the little girl in the car seat, she does get board. At least Like me you have somebody to share your intrest with! I dont have a pair of heel myself that I could wear out, and I have seen Heelfan strutting in Bristol, But I aint that brave yet, First job is to get some heels that I am comfortable with, and then off we go! I am needless to say constantly looking out fot that she or boot and in the meantime I remain in awe if you chaps who have gone past where Daz and I are, I am sure we will be the same soon. best wishes, Nigel.

What you chaps seem to need is to come to a few more Heel-Meets! There's nothing like those to give one's confidence a periodic boost, even mine! Please keep an eye on the "Real Life Meetings" thread for forthcoming meetings (we've now put a calendar on there), and post under each individual meeting as to which ones you would like to attend or cannot attend. Get that street-heeling going! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

im confident enough to attend a heel meet as youve seen, im confident enough to go anywhere unknown, i am just still tackling the hurdle of the people i know, and thats the problem i face at the moment. i still live with my dad, and id rather not tell him at the moment in case he doesnt like it, because i dont want to make life uncomfortable at home. We have plans to move out not too long ahead, which is the time when i will probably spill the beans, because it wont matter as much as if under the same roof. if you get what i mean. it just feels awkward at the minute, but that will not stop me going away from home and enjoying my heeling, plenty of opportunities for that, such as this coming weekend on our little trip to london, where i am taking nothing but heels :D daz

Wow, thats brave, there will be no tunring back if you dont take any flats, you wont be able to walk right in your work shoes till tuesday!! I remember a story I heard about a heel wearer not wearing his heels infront of anybodyin his family until they had all left home, when his family did find out it was a bit of a shocker by all accounts, but like you, it did not matter as they were not all living under the same roof at that time, I have a couple of years untill my daughter starts to remember things, then that is for me untill she is 18 and married off! cheers, Nigel.

It shouldn't be problem, my daughter's fine with me wearing heels, she's just paranoid about her friends finding out.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.