New Member Introduction

I am a new member to High Heel Place, however, I am an experienced heeler, who has loved heels...especially stilettos, as far back as my earliest recollections as a young child. I have most certainly always had the "heel gene"! I'm looking forward to participating in the forum discussions here, and sharing and helping some of the newer heelers (or those who admire heels, but have not yet taken the plunge in buying their first pair, or who perhaps wish to wear heels in public, but have yet to have that awesome experience). Hopefully some of my experiences will encourage, or offer some level of support to others. 

Great to have you here buddy, love your killer boots!  I, for one, can use all the encouragement and support I can get, and really look forward to hearing more about your experiences and insight.  Sounds like you do a lot of public heeling, I'm always looking for heel buddies to get out publicly with, confidence in numbers I guess. 

Don

• Like 1

Thanks Pebblesf! Those are one of my favorite pairs of boots to go heeling in, as the fit is perfect, and they are very comfortable, for being 4 1/4" thin heels. I wear heels in public almost daily, in varying degrees, depending on what I've got going on. Some days, I'm out and about for six, eight, or more, hours at a time, in very public places, being seen by hundreds or even thousands of people, making the rounds at malls, strip malls, big box stores, bookstores, movie theater lobby's filled with people, restaurants, etc. Other days, if I have less time, I'll only be out in heels for an hour or two, to run errands that are less adventurous...getting gas, returning books to the library, etc., in which case, there are fewer people around. Either way, I find that 99.9 % of the people out there, either don't notice, don't care, or are too busy focussing on their own activities, to be invested in what some guy they don't even know, has on their feet. Almost all of my heeling experiences, have been non-events! That is not to say, that I was not nervous or apprehensive those, first few times wearing heels in public. It's just that I've found over the years, that it's mostly all in our own heads. Each time I go out, it is both exciting and pleasurable, but also somewhat disappointing, in the sense that I am always expecting reactions from others, that rarely ever come. Yes, I have gotten a few odd looks, some chuckles, and some rude, sarcastic comments. But I can't stress enough, how rare, and few and far between, that has been. Polite comments, comiments, and striking up pleasant conversations with people, while wearing heels, has been much more common. I've been heeling for years, often thin, stilettos, but sometimes thicker (but not clunky chunky) 4" and 4 1/2" heels, and have been around countless thousands of people, while wearing heels, and I can honestly count the negative reactions on one hand. I find that people are generally much more non judgemental than I ever thought they would be, about it. And when you really stop and think about it, a guy does not need to be wearing heels for some kid or other clueless person to make a rude comment, or give a funny look! You could be out wearing construction boots, and someone may not like your jacket, or your hairstyle, or your whatever, and give you an odd look! I got a rude comment from a guy about a month ago, because I did not wait long enough to hold the door open for him, at the post office. And, I was not even wearing heels!! My point, is that, people will think or say whatever they are going to, about anything, and it does not have to be about wearing heels. My philosophy, is that you may as well wear them, if it makes you happy. 

You are so right, and I realize 90% of my nervousness is self imposed.  I have only had one negative reaction (that I know of), some giggly school girls behind me on an escalator.  But, I surely have never had the guts to display my boots over my jeans either, always pretty well hidden.  I do display my lower 3" tan Frye heels with no apprehension though.  I guess I feel that some guys can "pull off the heels" better than others, especially if they are tall with a slim/toned build.  I am not tall or short, and have a normal 55yr old guy build I guess, definitely need more time in the gym.  Geez, I even feel uneasy in the gym just wearing sneaks, but again I realize that most times "I am my own worst enemy"!  Nonetheless, I don't include myself in the group of men who can pull off higher heels effectively.  Self imposed lack of confidence, sure, but not all guys/gals should be swimming in speedos/bikinis either!

Nonetheless, nothing feels better/more liberating to me than wearing my boots publicly.  Nothing is more frustrating than having a pair of high heeled boots that I can not walk well in, I can handle most 5" heels pretty well, dream of mastering 6" heels!  Your confidence is very inspirational, and we are glad to have you here.  Don

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2015, 5:54:29, pebblesf said:

I surely have never had the guts to display my boots over my jeans either, always pretty well hidden.

Don, never say never.  One of these days your gonna say "let's do it" and you'll never turn back.

On 11/9/2015, 10:55:59, LuvsStiletto said:

My point, is that, people will think or say whatever they are going to, about anything, and it does not have to be about wearing heels. My philosophy, is that you may as well wear them, if it makes you happy. 

Welcome to the forum.  It sounds like you have already learned the lessons about wearing heels with confidence and enjoying wearing them.  Please share that with the "new heelers". 

Enjoy your heels (and those are great looking boots).

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Luvs....   Welcome to the site.  I too regularly wear heels in public, have since the mid 1990's....  Your commentary on your heeling experiences mirror mine.  Heeling is fun, and it's no big deal....   Take care, have fun and Merry Christmas....   

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"