Collection and pics from down under

Sydheel

22 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Bring on the summer...an optimistic thought as we in England slide into the back half of October...!

I know, right :cheeky: 

4 hours ago, Sydheel said:

OMG

I was always trying to work within a self imposed limit as to how many pairs of shoes I own

Originally I wanted to always stay within 12 pairs

Then I decided as I progressed with the styles I was wearing that 20 was a more realistic figure

I just did a count... How the hell did I get to 40 ???

Shoe sale coming !!!!

Hopefully they are all stored better than mine - stuffed in the storage below my bed! 

Keep us posted with the sales ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydheel said:

I just did a count... How the hell did I get to 40 ???

Get a hold of your self, mate. Only 40.

Get yourself a bookcase and put the bookcase into the closet. Then stack you heels in the bookcase.  It helps if you have a walk-in closet with room for a lot of bookcases (like I do).  I passed 40 sometime last year and awaiting another one to arrive later this week. And even went shoe shopping today - got to see the new fall boots and booties. And I'm still looking for my blue swede heels.

Only 40.

• Thanks 1

Jeremy, I just playing with our friend from down under.  

I think Sydheel wears his heels in public all the time, so they should be considered just his shoes. I've been wear women's shoes almost exclusively for the past 7 years. The only way I part with a pair that has made it's way into my closet is when they just fall apart from over wear. It's hard enough to find heels I can wear for 12 - 16 hours straight, that's why I don't part with mine.

Most of my life I hate shoes, mainly because they never fitted. So shoe shopping was worst than getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time with no novocaine.  Since I discovered women's shoes fit, I just love shoes and shoe shopping.  It's so nice to wear shoes that fit. So what if I have 50 - 60 heels, they almost all get worn in public. Besides I can't be seen in the same heels twice in one week, I have standards.:giggle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Jeremy, I just playing with our friend from down under.  

I think Sydheel wears his heels in public all the time, so they should be considered just his shoes. I've been wear women's shoes almost exclusively for the past 7 years. The only way I part with a pair that has made it's way into my closet is when they just fall apart from over wear. It's hard enough to find heels I can wear for 12 - 16 hours straight, that's why I don't part with mine.

Most of my life I hate shoes, mainly because they never fitted. So shoe shopping was worst than getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time with no novocaine.  Since I discovered women's shoes fit, I just love shoes and shoe shopping.  It's so nice to wear shoes that fit. So what if I have 50 - 60 heels, they almost all get worn in public. Besides I can't be seen in the same heels twice in one week, I have standards.:giggle:

thanks @Cali

No offence taken, If I had the space or the unlimited $$ I would, but i dont have either so i have the limit.

LOL

Regards

James

I try to limit the number of shoes I own too. Really. I also buy several different colors of sandals and boots when I find one that is really easy to walk in, specially when I see that style disappearing. I enjoy the ability to have so many choices, something I never had in men's shoes.

• Like 1

I can't remember when I just had 40 pairs of women's shoes. I wear women's shoes exclusively now, mostly heels, but sometimes flats, and I've never had more fun! I've long past outgrown the closet space and spilled over to other storage bins under the bed. My wife gave me the ultimatum that each time I buy a new pair of shoes, I have to get rid of an old pair. I agreed but failed miserably to comply. It's hopeless, really.

:cheeky:

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On Wednesday a pair of Charles by Charles David Apollo wedges arrived. And to my surprise they were turquoise instead of blue. I rather have the turquoise. Then today I found boots.....

Time to order another bookcase....

I wish it was only n + 1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, lots of things tried on, but my time was limited in Melbourne. Dont you just hate it when work gets in the way on a work trip ?? I visited a few stores and tried lots of shoes on. My intent was to try on for a day then decide which pair I had to have and go back.....

I found that a couple of the cheaper brands held by a few chains DSW & Famous footwear fit well in the size 10 that they carry. so another brand that fits....... then i went next door and looked at RMK, they used to carry cheap rubbish, but now carry only leather shoes, with a cheaper brand doing the synthectics, again most of their 10s fitted. The sales girls at RMK went above and beyond, very impressed

but I came home with lots of memories and no new purchases. 

My best memory was at the Nine West store at the airport. I was looking at the shoes on display along with another lady. The sales assistant asked her if she needed any help and she said "Im just admiring his shoes" then when I looked up, she said "they are very nice, wish I had a pair"  SMILES ALL ROUND

In the meantime I found a pair of ZU thigh boots in size 10 on Gumtree, and grabbed them. 11cm heel, 1cm platform, stretchy synthetic, but great feel (and look i think) 

• Like 3

Regards

James

Dropped in to Wittner this arvo to check out new season. 

Found a pair of pointy toe sandals / pumps. 10.5 cm stilettos. With a 2cm wide ankle strap

however im torn.......

Which colour ? black or tan ?

help needed !!

08E0F13E-A631-42CF-B9B4-96CB913EC500.jpeg

7F161594-B203-405A-BEFE-C6DC263BE642.jpeg

07A24E0D-1228-41E5-A619-88A43EBF41AE.jpeg

72B04E93-2460-45BB-9626-C837B9123745.jpeg

Regards

James

If they fit, buy both (again, it's not my money we're talking about).

Two weeks ago I bought a pair of Impo Ownery boots in black. Today I got them in Midnight Blue (and that's with my money).

• Like 1

thank you to all who assisted in my decision making, or not as the case may be, as I think most suggests I buy both

so just as I started to look for alternatives (see above posts) a pair of shoes I ordered some months ago from Amazon in the US with help from a member on this forum turned up. They had got lost in transit (to get to AUS i have to use a US based remailer) and Id given them up as dead. but after nearly 3 months they turned up.

Nine West Tornaydo, black leather, size 11, 10cm heel, very similar look to the Wittner ones above but has a half T-Bar and a strap across the instep. I love them.

nine west tornaydo 001.JPG

nine west tornaydo 002.JPG

nine west tornaydo 003.JPG

• Like 2

Regards

James