Collection and pics from down under

Sydheel

Day 2 in Melbourne 

after work i walked across Melbourne CBD to the theatre where the musical Kinky Boots is showing. The local WITTNER store has a special bright red boot as a special show collaboration.

i looked and had to try them on. WOWEE they are bright. 

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

• Like 6

Regards

James

4 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Day 2 in Melbourne 

after work i walked across Melbourne CBD to the theatre where the musical Kinky Boots is showing. The local WITTNER store has a special bright red boot as a special show collaboration.

IMG_1291.JPG

So did you get them and wear them to the show?

Keep in mind that this was 30 years ago but the first pair of tall boots I bought were leather in that color.  I did not have the nerve to wear them and had them dyed black.  I don't regret that decision because I have gotten many miles out of that pair of boots, but today I would have left them their original color and had fun with them.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 01/11/2016 at 1:55 AM, MackyHeels said:

Well done. Any reactions you got wearing your outfit? +, -

We both wear similar jean jeggings only I yet to own or wear a nice stilleto bootie like yourself.  

At first glance Iooking at your pictures I chuckled. Then realized I have that type of style myself. Very streamlined finished with some great booties or shoeties..

i don't know about you but when people see me in my jeggings and block heel booties it tends to surprise them. Again can't blame some laughing at me or commenting looking like a girl. Once people see you enough tends to be comfortable to the style. Then they look closer analyze you and some might compliment the way you look. 

Sorry i hadn't replied earler. My bad !

Reactions: a few heads turned but not many. 1 comment from the bar girl who was amazed at my boots and said how much she lived the look. I got quite the personal attention

yet to own a pair: these from ebay. So no excuses. Try a pair and find 1 you like.

streamlined: wow, thank you. (I think)

compliments: almost always, never had a negative. From a simple 'love your shoes' to a longer chat about how and why etc. 

thanks for your comments 

James

Regards

James

Melbourne trip evening 4

wow, been busy. Came up to skybar tonight and the wait staff recognised me as a regular. (I suppise i stand out a tad)

I started chatting with them looking at bar snack menu. Asked about a cheese or messe plate........ then one of them found a leftover antipasto plate from a function. OMG beautiful !!

2 other staff made passing comments of love your heels and those boots are gorgeous, wish i could wear heels like you do

so sitting here with freebie dinner and a beer. NICE !

Enjoy

James

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

• Like 5

Regards

James

7 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Melbourne trip evening 4

wow, been busy. Came up to skybar tonight and the wait staff recognised me as a regular. (I suppise i stand out a tad)

I started chatting with them looking at bar snack menu. Asked about a cheese or messe plate........ then one of them found a leftover antipasto plate from a function. OMG beautiful !!

2 other staff made passing comments of love your heels and those boots are gorgeous, wish i could wear heels like you do

so sitting here with freebie dinner and a beer. NICE !

Enjoy

James

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

Very nice look and enjoyable trip you have :) 

• Like 2

On ‎2016‎/‎11‎/‎08 at 10:24 AM, Sydheel said:

Day 2 in Melbourne 

IMG_1291.JPG

Some really neat outfits, good compliments & a free chow :rocker: :clap:.

I would've taken these boots & run.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Will be out of action for a while

:(

i seem to have been silly enough to rupture my ACL so no heeling for some months i think

Ouch.  Consider that there is some pleasure to be derived in just wearing a pair of boots even without walking. 

Get well quick.

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Playing soccer

and yes 

That's what happens from playing a girls sport with wannabe actors :cheeky: :evil1:.

On ‎2016‎/‎11‎/‎17 at 7:09 AM, Sydheel said:

Will be out of action for a while

:(

i seem to have been silly enough to rupture my ACL so no heeling for some months i think

Eina! I feel your pain. Good luck with the surgery & recovery. Take your time, I had a work colleague who couldn't wait to start walking without the brace, ended up having to go under the knife again.

Thanks all

tis a pity as well as i have just won an auction fir a pair of high heel ZU boots

oh well, i can try them on maybe, just no walking in them

IMG_1335.PNG

Put the boots on , feet up on a pedestal, get a small bell & a butler. Life's sorted!!

• Like 2

On 11/18/2016 at 2:01 AM, Sydheel said:

Playing soccer

and yes (surgery)

After surgery they often put your foot in a motion restricting boot (generally black).  To balance things out wear a black low heeled boot on the other leg.  This actually looks pretty good and it lets you keep enjoying wearing boots.  I have recommended this to several female friends that have had to wear a restricting boot and they both gave me a puzzled look and said, "I never thought of that" and the next day were wearing a pair of boots that didn't exactly match but looked good.

Take it easy and get well soon.

• Like 1

Well Its update time

MRI came back with ACL intact. Lots of minor damage compared to what we feared. A cracked bone, a tear in cartlidge lots of things strained and stretched  but by doing that the knee was saved. 

My doc said its a 1% chance and good cycling muscles saved it

upshot 6-8 weeks off, no surgery v 6-9 months plus surgery 

very very very relieved !!!!!

• Like 1

Regards

James

Congratulations on the miracle escape!

Good old cycling muscles...they've saved my bacon a few times.

Very glad to hear you will avoid surgery -  that's wonderful news. Better buy a lottery ticket and crack open a nice bottle of something

• Like 1

Very happy to hear that the damage isn't as bad as expected at first, and that you don't have to go under the knife.

Take it easy & you'll be back to new in no time.

14 minutes ago, CPB said:

Very happy to hear that the damage isn't as bad as expected at first, and that you don't have to go under the knife.

Take it easy & you'll be back to new in no time.

6 weeks back to playing

THE WORLD GAME !

Hehehe

• Like 1

Regards

James

5 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Well Its update time

MRI came back with ACL intact. Lots of minor damage compared to what we feared. A cracked bone, a tear in cartlidge lots of things strained and stretched  but by doing that the knee was saved. 

My doc said its a 1% chance and good cycling muscles saved it

I would prefer to think it was the heeling that saved it. I'd go with that.

Thank you for sharing your good news!

• Like 2

Sounds like you need something to hold things in place while it heals. May I suggest:

On 11/17/2016 at 7:33 PM, Sydheel said:

IMG_1335.PNG

They look like they would lace up tight enough to do the trick.  :penitent:

Just kidding. 

Don't do anything dumb until you are well healed then you can well heeled again.  Hang in there six weeks in flats isn't the end of the world (it only seems that way).

• Like 1