Collection and pics from down under

Sydheel

Sign was in a H & M store. Right next to shoe section. Where i sat and tried on a few pairs. But they only go to 41 and a small 41 at that, plus i thought the quality was poor. All synthetic but asking solid $$

so as much as i love the sign i cannot imagine a return venture

Regards

James

• 2 weeks later...

Heading to Melbourne today for 4 days

hoping to find some bargains and have a great time out and about

sitting in qantas lounge. Jeans, business shirt, black boots with 9cm thick heel, not quite a stiletto but close.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Regards

James

Well here we are, first trip update

Went to the WITTNER outlet. Tried on the 'tammy' otk black suede boots with stilettos. They only had a 41. It fits but is just a tad snug. Might have to go up to 42.

2 pics of them. They are way cool. Or is it way hot. 

In the end no purchase :(

James

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Regards

James

Then 2nd visit was to DFO centre moorabin. Went to JO MERCER shop who make great boots. 

They had these funky cutbout pixie boots. Size 11 fitted like a glove. 11cm heel. Leather. I tried them on with stocking socks butcyou would wesr yhem eith bare feet. 

Will have to think about these as well, just wasnt sure on when i might wear them

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Regards

James

Now heading out

up to the skybar in the hotel. Wearing my WITTNER leopard print ankle boots. 1cm platform 12cm heel. 

This is the first time I've ever worn them in public. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Regards

James

3 hours ago, Sydheel said:

In the end no purchase :(

image.jpeg

No Purchase... bummer.  Those look fantastic on you.  Find a pair of 42s.  I recently bought these similar boots in a US14 and they came as a EU45 and they run a little small but they are well within your size.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, Rick24 said:

IM sure you got alot of smiles from the ladies, for wearing those thigh boots sydheel,

Yeah i had 4 staff fussing over me. Not a concern by anyone. Lots of other shoppers in store as well

james

Regards

James

Update: Day 2 in Melbourne

work got in the way of anything much :(

on way back to hotel dropped into another DFO and same shops with same stuff. We are going to summer mode now so minimal boots. 

Went into my fave store WITTNER. Saw a pair a 'babita' boots which I'd watched for some 12 months. They have come down from $240 to $70 and sat there. Today they were $30 off, so $40. So i grabbed them. 

They are at ghe limit of my walking ability. 12cm stiletto set back heel. Patent leather with a plain black leather toe for contrast. 

Couldnt resist wearing them up to the bar. 

Apologies pics are a bit dark.

beers are cold and pizza is ordered. View over Melbourne is spectacular 

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Regards

James

Day 3 update

wore my tan JO MERCER long boots under jeans all day. 8cm block heel, lively snug fit up to knee. 

Walked the 1.5 ks both ways hotel to office. Meetings, out with a group for coffee. No one noticed, but i was feeling great

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Regards

James

5 hours ago, Sydheel said:

No one noticed, but i was feeling great

They look great... and why would anyone notice?  If they did, they'd just think you were getting up in the world.  They are good looking boots so show them off (over jeans) at your Melbourne view bar.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sadly home again 

trip was a buzz. Highlighted by 2 of the waitresses at the skybar chatting with me about my heels for 15 minutes. I got first service all the time and special attention. 

Both girls complained that i wore heels better than they could.

very nice !

Regards

James

Sounds like you had fun, and what a great way to get service at the bar. The boots you show in your photo seem very discrete to me, very classy. Nothing jarring at all.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Sounds like you had fun, and what a great way to get service at the bar. The boots you show in your photo seem very discrete to me, very classy. Nithing harring at all.

The first night in the bar was the leopard print boots. The 2nd night was new purchase wittner patent boots. Both of these with 12cm stilettos 

3rd night was my sand coloured suede platform boots with block heel. Again 12cm heel. 

Im thinking everyone noticed. At least i hope so. :-)

Regards

James

I have to say the block heeled boots with the jeans over them would have escaped my notice - or rather I would perhaps and noticed, but not have thought anything strange about such a look.  I think that is the strength of it. It is a guy in heels that is not in the least jarring to the eye, and the kind of thing that would go a long way towards making boots/heels acceptable. To use a heel analogy, the thin edge of the wedge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I have to say the block heeled boots with the jeans over them would have escaped my notice - or rather I would perhaps and noticed, but not have thought anything strange about such a look.  I think that is the strength of it. It is a guy in heels that is not in the least jarring to the eye, and the kind of thing that would go a long way towards making boots/heels acceptable. To use a heel analogy, the thin edge of the wedge. 

Thanks mate

i agree. 

I wear my heels for me and although i dont try to hide them. apart from a pair of jeggings here and there i wear male jeans, shirts, T's etc

Regards

James

You do it well. It is the kind of 'regular', matter-of-fact, male appearance that is sadly lacking in so many - most - representations of men in heels/boots. I like tall boots myself, with bog-standard jeans and jumper and don't find the look or style at all strange, but whenever I see some kind of fashion pic or catwalk presentation of men in tall boots it is always in some guise that makes me want to run a mile in the other direction and feel vaguely embarrassed that I like boots, because that sure as hell is not me. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

On ‎2016‎/‎08‎/‎17 at 9:47 AM, Sydheel said:

Day 3 update

wore my tan JO MERCER long boots under jeans all day. 8cm block heel, lively snug fit up to knee. 

Walked the 1.5 ks both ways hotel to office. Meetings, out with a group for coffee. No one noticed, but i was feeling great

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great looking heels & outfit. I have a similar pair from Woolworths, a retail store chain in South Africa, much like the UK's Marks & Spencer.

On ‎2016‎/‎08‎/‎15 at 0:32 PM, Sydheel said:

Now heading out

up to the skybar in the hotel. Wearing my WITTNER leopard print ankle boots. 1cm platform 12cm heel. 

This is the first time I've ever worn them in public. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Usually I don't like Leopard print clothing or footwear, it brings up all sorts of images of how a woman shouldn't dress or behave.

BUT, these are awesome. They look amazing & just go to show that all stereotypes are made to be broken.

You look incredible in your boots!!

• Like 3

On 19 August 2016 at 11:07 PM, CPB said:

Great looking heels & outfit. I have a similar pair from Woolworths, a retail store chain in South Africa, much like the UK's Marks & Spencer.

Usually I don't like Leopard print clothing or footwear, it brings up all sorts of images of how a woman shouldn't dress or behave.

BUT, these are awesome. They look amazing & just go to show that all stereotypes are made to be broken.

You look incredible in your boots!!

I stopped in at wittner outlet and showed 1 of the girls the pics. She pulled me up.

" They're not leopard print, they're giraffe print "

i stand corrected 

Regards

James

Indeed! And the way to tell leopard spots from cheetah spots, should the need ever arise, is that leopard spots are two-toned, dots within a circle, whereas  cheetah spots are just that: dots. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Sitting in a KFC having late lunch. 

Wearing a pair of knee high platform boots that i bought recently on ebay. $20 thought it was a steal, then i got them.

Half way (maybe 3/4) towards falling apart but decided i will just wear them till they die. 

synthetic 6.5 inch heel and 2 inch platform. Surprisingly comfy and easy to walk in

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Regards

James

Half way (maybe 3/4) towards falling apart but decided i will just wear them till they die. 

It is amazing what Gorilla glue or epoxy will hold together, and what a black Sharpie pen will hide.

knee high platform boots

It does seem a shame to hide them under jeans especially since the lower part of the boots are already so exposed. :text_sigh:

Out and about in the Sydney CBD at lunch time, gorgeous spring day. As close as i get to a suit (jeans and business shirt)

wearing my brown long JO MERCER boots. 

Just thought id share a few pics. I had the ripple sole put on as soon as i bought these for added wearability and less slip. 

These are right up there as my faves at moment 

James

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Regards

James