1969 Brand Stilettos

Jkrenzer

I just purchased a pair of 1969 Italian heels on e-bay. I have to place the size and was wondering how they run. I normally wear a US size 11 but sometimes 10 or 10.5 depending on the make. My heel to toe length is 27 cm, but I added 1 cm for the toe length of the point of the shoe. My question is, do these run true to size, 41 in my case.

Thanks, will post pictures once i receive them

I have a few pairs of boots from 1969, and let me tell you that they have great quality.  You are going to like them.  I am a size 12 in womens' shoes and bought the size 43.  They run a little small so I suggest you get the 43.  

am a size 12 in womens' shoes and bought the size 43.  They run a little small so I suggest you get the 43.  

thanks. I know I am a full size under 12 so I'll go with a 41.

I got Pigalle in patent orange.

am a size 12 in womens' shoes and bought the size 43.  They run a little small so I suggest you get the 43.  

thanks. I know I am a full size under 12 so I'll go with a 41.

I got Pigalle in patent orange.

Jkrenzer,

I normally wear size 11 and the 1969 shoes in size 41 were a little too small.  I also have a 1969 boots in size 42 and they were snug.  I strongly suggest going with size 42.

Shoes arrived quickly from Germany. I must say, wow I love these. When the pricing is right (ebay bidding) I will be buying more.

Fit is great. Shoes are very light weight so even though they seem well made, there is no real padding and I expect long term wear like the other guy's from France will be peril less at best as I expect them wear quickly

Joe :)

PA180001.jpg

PA180002.jpg

PA180003.jpg

PA180004.jpg

• Like 2

Nice choice! I like the way 1969's toe boxes are roomier than a lot of other brands. Your feet don't look and feel like your stuffing them into the shoes. I just wish they would return the shaping of the stilettos to the classical standard when the thin heels didn't look like they supported the very back of the shoes, but more forwardly centered their support under the heel of the foot. The tapering of the heel to accommodate this former shaping looked much more elegant and refined than just having a straight thin shaft for the heel's appearance. As examples: These are #1) the Sebastian SB-LOLA patent leather platform pumps, #2) the Shoe Republic LA ETHEL fuchsia patent pumps, and #3) Nine West BELLAFINA black leather platform pumps. Note the stiletto heel shaping. I realize the thinness of the Sebastian heels isn't commonly used, but that doesn't mean the thicker heel shafts can't be just as elegantly designed and styled.562c1bfc5457d__55ca.thumb.jpg.67a71df5f3shoes-heels-sr-ethelfuchsia_2.thumb.jpg.

2640537-3-4x.jpg

• Like 2

Nice choice! I like the way 1969's toe boxes are roomier than a lot of other brands. Your feet don't look and feel like your stuffing them into the shoes. I just wish they would return the shaping of the stilettos to the classical standard when the thin heels didn't look like they supported the very back of the shoes, but more forwardly centered their support under the heel of the foot. The tapering of the heel to accommodate this former shaping looked much more elegant and refined than just having a straight thin shaft for the heel's appearance. As examples: These are #1) the Sebastian SB-LOLA patent leather platform pumps, #2) the Shoe Republic LA ETHEL fuchsia patent pumps, and #3) Nine West BELLAFINA black leather platform pumps. Note the stiletto heel shaping. I realize the thinness of the Sebastian heels isn't commonly used, but that doesn't mean the thicker heel shafts can't be just as elegantly designed and styled.

Methinks you probably have Louboutin and his ilk to thank for that. They pretty much popularized that style. And since everybody wants shoes from them all the other brands started making shoes like them.

Too bad 1969 only goes up to size 43. One size bigger and I might actually be able to wear one of their courts. Oddly enough I can fit into their size 41 sandals quite easily. Go figure!

I have another pair in royal blue on their way. I am surprised so far with these. The heels are back and I do prefer the more classic forward heel. They seem quite sturdy though and I have gotten used to the feel. I have so many of the very comfortable and well made pleaser sexy series knock-offs. Most of which have held up well. O have a few pair that have since worn through even replacement heel tips and the heels are still solid. There occasionally is one wear the heel bends and that's it - no more use. However this either seems to happen right away or it simply doesn't happen at all. I will post the royal blues once I get them. After that no more new shoes for awhile. One negative on this seller. They do not offer combined shipping breaks which to me is very low brow. It clearly cost's less to ship multiple items than individual.

Joe:)

@Jkrenzer, you are wrong. 1969 do send combined packages. I'm a good example of that :) I initially bought B5 Pigalle pumps in red for my wife and then couple of days later I was able to win a second auction with another pair. You just need to write a letter, probably to Mario from the company and ask him to wait with the shipment.

I must admit that my wife usually wears size 39, sometimes 38.5 and these shoes made by 1969 are just a little bit too small. Although it's prime leather, I think they will stretch out but I must make my wife wearing them more often :D

I usually buy size 42 but with this company I had to go one size up and it fits :) So it means that Italian shoes and boots require going one size up than you normally do.

Will do some photos in near future and upload them here ;)

Edited by dahool

@Jkrenzer, you are wrong. 1969 do send combined packages. I'm a good example of that :) I initially bought B5 Pigalle pumps in red for my wife and then couple of days later I was able to win a second auction with another pair. You just need to write a letter, probably to Mario from the company and ask him to wait with the shipment.

I did write him and he denied the request. Turns out I lost the bid on a third pair anyway.  I would have gone higher if he had agreed to combine shipping. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2015, 1:21:43, Histiletto said:

Nice choice! I like the way 1969's toe boxes are roomier than a lot of other brands. Your feet don't look and feel like your stuffing them into the shoes. I just wish they would return the shaping of the stilettos to the classical standard when the thin heels didn't look like they supported the very back of the shoes, but more forwardly centered their support under the heel of the foot. The tapering of the heel to accommodate this former shaping looked much more elegant and refined than just having a straight thin shaft for the heel's appearance. As examples: These are #1) the Sebastian SB-LOLA patent leather platform pumps, #2) the Shoe Republic LA ETHEL fuchsia patent pumps, and #3) Nine West BELLAFINA black leather platform pumps. Note the stiletto heel shaping. I realize the thinness of the Sebastian heels isn't commonly used, but that doesn't mean the thicker heel shafts can't be just as elegantly designed and styled.562c1bfc5457d__55ca.thumb.jpg.67a71df5f3shoes-heels-sr-ethelfuchsia_2.thumb.jpg.

2640537-3-4x.jpg

Imho, the first (Sebastian) shoe is the only one of the three with a properly positioned stiletto heel (although the platform spoils the overall effect).  

The second (pink) shoe has a heel a little too far forward, giving the illusion of excess overhang at the back.  It is most noticeable with a heel of around 3.5" or less.  I realise that this style was quite common in the early (mid-50s) stiletto period but that does not make it truly classical in my view.

The third shoe looks a little wrong too; it is difficult be sure as, again, the platform upsets the balance.

I suggest that these Rosa shoes show a properly-positioned classic stiletto heel (but the very thin heel and very pointed toe are optional): http://www.rosashoes.com/resources/pages/image5/001884/sarah-in-pointed-stiletto-heels.jpg   And here is a more restrained genuine 1950s original: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2792/4102472361_7d46012322_z.jpg?zz=1

Hey! Puffer, 

I would like the Rosa brand, if it wasn't for the way over extension of the pointed toes. Pumps with short pointed toes are more pleasing to wear and behold in my opinion. The longer toes would cause me to worry about having to take extra precautions for not bending, creasing, or mashing the points. Going up the stair and having to stand close to someone in narrow path ways would mean agonizing periods of concern and kneeling down or laying in the prone position would be absolute no-no's while wearing the over extended pointed toe boxes. One of the reasons I like to wear high heels is that they decrease the projected length area my feet cover. The extra long pointed toes take that advantage and look away.  

1 hour ago, Histiletto said:

Hey! Puffer, 

I would like the Rosa brand, if it wasn't for the way over extension of the pointed toes. Pumps with short pointed toes are more pleasing to wear and behold in my opinion. The longer toes would cause me to worry about having to take extra precautions for not bending, creasing, or mashing the points. Going up the stair and having to stand close to someone in narrow path ways would mean agonizing periods of concern and kneeling down or laying in the prone position would be absolute no-no's while wearing the over extended pointed toe boxes. One of the reasons I like to wear high heels is that they decrease the projected length area my feet cover. The extra long pointed toes take that advantage and look away.  

I have to agree with you about the practicality/wearability of the Rosa shoes - although I do like the look of them.   Despite having large feet, I like pointed toes (on men's or women's shoes) but, depending on the style, they do need careful wearing, especially if most of the point is an extension rather than a 'toe crusher'.   Although they may be more comfortable for some wearers, most round-toed shoes look somewhat inelegant, and can upset the sleek lines of a shoe with a slender stiletto heel.   And if there is also a platform ... :evil: !

14 hours ago, Puffer said:

I have to agree with you about the practicality/wearability of the Rosa shoes - although I do like the look of them.   Despite having large feet, I like pointed toes (on men's or women's shoes) but, depending on the style, they do need careful wearing, especially if most of the point is an extension rather than a 'toe crusher'.   Although they may be more comfortable for some wearers, most round-toed shoes look somewhat inelegant, and can upset the sleek lines of a shoe with a slender stiletto heel.   And if there is also a platform ... :evil: !

I have two pair of Rosa's and have to say the overall quality is not as good as these. Also the toe isn't just pointy but overly exaggerated pointy and they drag a lot when walking. In addition the heel taps are very unique (in a very sexy way) but they would not sell me direct replacements. I prefer to wear my heels a lot and am always replacing the taps myself but can't really match them very well with the Rosa's.

11 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I have two pair of Rosa's and have to say the overall quality is not as good as these. Also the toe isn't just pointy but overly exaggerated pointy and they drag a lot when walking. In addition the heel taps are very unique (in a very sexy way) but they would not sell me direct replacements. I prefer to wear my heels a lot and am always replacing the taps myself but can't really match them very well with the Rosa's.

I'm sorry to hear about the quality of the Rosas, but perhaps not surprised.   I met the suppliers (Roger and Sarah Adams) when I used to live near the shoe business they previously ran; they were pleasant enough but I think they have a rather arrogant view of their shoes and customers.   They posted here some years ago, albeit briefly, as their attitude to male heel wearing, amongst other things, was far from accepting.   There was a subsequent complaint that they would not deal with a problem raised by someone who was not the original purchaser of their shoes.   I don't know why they refuse to supply new taps - how do they expect anyone (particularly overseas) to effect a replacement?   All this is hardly encouraging - nice shoes (if the style appeals) but beware of the pitfalls (perhaps literally!) and the lack of after-sales-service.

• 3 months later...

An update - I am currently at 17 pairs, 15 of the basic almond toe style, all amazing fit, 1 pair of the long toe style, and one pair of the almond toed boots.

These shoes are not only sexy, they are flat out comfortable. Had comments wearing my blue patent pumps last Friday night with short jeans, all great of course.

The long toed pumps are slightly lower in height 5" vs 5.25" but I just don't like the way the longer toe drags when walking.

:cheeky:

P3170001.jpg

P3170002.jpg

P3170003.jpg

P3170004.jpg

P3170005.jpg

• Like 3

Classic Pump.  Love the look.  What size and brand?  And, did you buy them on line or go to a store and try them on before you bought them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

28 minutes ago, mwhh said:

Classic Pump.  Love the look.  What size and brand?  And, did you buy them on line or go to a store and try them on before you bought them?

They are size 42, and all fit uniformly. The brand is 1969, leather shoes made in Italy but sold via e-bay store from Germany. I initially bought 1 pair in 41, my normal size and they were too small. I wore them for a week before I decided they would not stretch enough and purchased each additional pair in 42.

38 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

They are size 42, and all fit uniformly. The brand is 1969, leather shoes made in Italy but sold via e-bay store from Germany. I initially bought 1 pair in 41, my normal size and they were too small. I wore them for a week before I decided they would not stretch enough and purchased each additional pair in 42.

Do you know the ebay seller name pls

thanks

james

Regards

James

1969-italia-boutique is the E-bay store. It is a clothing outlet which happens to have its own selection of footwear - high heels being only part of the business. It has gained fame through its use of the auction process in selling some of its products. Depending on the participants bidding, good deals can be had or you might end up paying a lot more than usual if you bid too high and somebody else also wants to win the bidding but doesn't quite reach your maximum bid. Make sure you can financially back whatever you bid plus the postage, because the chance that you may become obligated to pay the winning bid plus the delivery cost is inevitable. If you should choose to skip the auctioning process and just buy what you want now, this options also available. Their package and delivery system promptly gets your order to you in a matter of 3 to 4 business days after your payment has been confirmed.

By the way, I have only been a customer who has purchased a number of their heels. For the most part, the quality has been good. As to what size to pick - it varies depending on your physical specifications, the footwear styling, and some comfort factors. As a rule of thumb, Italian sizing numbers is usually equal to the next increment up on the Euro scale. For example: an Italian 39 is somewhat equal to a Euro 40. This has only been my observation, so take it as a kind of a ballpark figure to finding your own sizing fit. Here's a store picture of a purchase I now have in my high heels selections - minus the lovely accent of the model, of course.

822.jpg

• Like 1

Oddly enough even though I agree that generally with Italian heels you should always go up in sizing (it's like they haven't caught on the very idea that there are people with broader feet), if you're going to order from the brand Italianheels, which also does the Punitive brand of ballet heels, do NOT order one size up. For some strange reason they seem to be the only Italian brand made true to size. 

Agreed, when I buy from Italian heels I need to order 41 not 42 like this brand. Also Italian heels leather, although of good quality, seems to run a bit thinner and as such the shoes seem to stretch more, even to the point where the quickly lose there original shape. Case in point below. Italianheels on left - 1969 on right.

P3210001.jpg

• 2 months later...

Having bought some shoes from this company, I can tell you all that they make a quality product.  The sizing is small as people here have suggested.  I think in the case of the shoes I purchased, the width is rather narrow.  I'd vouch for the company's customer service too.  They were very helpful and I'd recommend them to everyone here.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.