Disappearance of Women's UK size 9?

robshot

Been following the forum for a while now (which is awesome), but first time I've got around to posting. 

I've been heeling for a couple of years now and have started to amass a nice collection of everything from high heeled boots, through to stilettos and sandals. Public wearing is to a minimum currently due to the area Iive in (and when I have they have been well hidden), but I wear them privately every moment I can. I am always looking for something new however over the last year I have noticed a slightly annoying (and possibly worrying trend) in the UK. The seeming disappearance of UK size 9s (often my size, and the largest normally available).

I have tended to go for quite a few pairs of Faith and Nine West shoes and boots over the last couple of years, often from Debenhams. However, since the start of the year the number available in size 9 has dropped notably and now it appears that both Faith and Nine West are no longer selling size 9 heels in the UK - on Debenhams or directly. Also the number of shoes in size 9 in general available from Debenhams is now far smaller, similarly in House of Fraser.

Has anybody else noticed similar, and what the reasons for it could be? I have to say I'm slightly annoyed as I have found a lot of nice styles with them.

I went shoe shopping couple of months ago, when the shops had their summer sales on. Nothing in Debenhams or House of Fraser.  Used to find New Look better for size 9uk heels but very few in that size this time. I thought at the time New Look had just sold out and was thinking that in the new season there be plenty of size 9uk for sale. Going shoppimg again next week and will see if this still the case.

I did buy 3 pairs from New Look online. 2 were on sale and the other pair were full price, so there are size 9 out there.

I agree there are less on the shelf but new looks online section is dlowly growing.  I just order loads from new look when in sale the send back non fitting items as thry have a great return system. But I do miss buying from the shop a having a good look at all the styles.  I always look a tad strange as I look at 9 and louise my partner is size 3 so we are normally opposite ends of the shop

The new UK consumer legislation which started yesterday gives you 30 days to return stuff bought online. This overrides all retailers' terms and conditions.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

I haven't looked recently but Next used to do most of their styles in EU43/UK9. Beware of Aldo's UK9 which run very small in my experience.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Was just having a quick look on Next today to see if there were any nice bits to look out for in the sales later in the year, but I couldn't see ANY size 9 heels. Not one!! I have got a number of pairs from there over the last few years but they no longer seem to stock size 9. Very sad to see...

I've just looked and you're right. They used to have virtually every style in EU43/UK9, now nothing with heels, only flats. I think some of their EU42/UK8 may fit my feet - I have a pair of EU43/UK9 ankle boots that need an insole.

I have to say from shopping on Next website in the past, size 9 seemed to often sell out before the smaller sizes sadly. Shame no matter what though as its seriously cutting down on the selection available in the UK, and they have all done it without warning too. 

On 4/29/2016 at 3:27 AM, Jkrenzer said:

They simply don't sell enough of the lather sizes to justify the manufacturing costs. 

Not quite true. Most New Look stores will only stock one pair in a few styles of uk9 in stock but look online and there be plenty.

Edited by LovesHiHeels

On 30-4-2016 at 1:33 AM, LovesHiHeels said:

Not quite true. Most New Look stores will only stock one pair in a few styles of uk9 in stock but look online and there be plenty.

Well, there are certainly more of them online then in the shops, but on the other hand I do notice a lot that particular size seems to run out quicker though. So methinks they are still not making enough of them.

I have started buying more and more from New look online. Just choice 2 or 3 pairs online to get free postage. Pick them up at store, try them on at home and and return any pairs that you don't like. I have a New look store about 4 miles from me.

• 1 month later...