Payless Karmen heels not very comfortable. The reviews are false

jim102

Hello! It is me again and I wanna share with you my little experience. I have not wear heels for long time like maybe 1 year or little more. After I had grabbed my pair of heels I always wanted after the bad experience of the meldina spring shoes. The problem is they are giving me sores like a small buble on the toe and the heel of the other foot is bleeding because the leather tear it. I have tried a larger mesure (the same I have but wide) and 1/2 taller. I have 9.5 M and 9.5W and 10M are big for me. I wears them few hours when I want and I have added an inner sole witch is very thin! But it gave me troubles and removed the heel sound when I walk. Even if I use a half sole for avoiding sliding toward forward in my shoes the sound  is gone and I sweat a lot Inside the heels. I have to remove everything and I do not know if I do not sweat the heel sound will stay there. I had to change the heel square due to an accident so I had lost the original great sound.

Problem is I think the model isn`t for me anymore! I may be interested to pay more like 100 to 300$ for the clarks brand if it could help so do you know something about that brand except soo comfortable?

Thank you very much!

Edited by jim102

Hey jim102,

I feel bad that you are having problems with your Karmen heels. It has been my experience in finding the best pair of heels that fits what you desire is possible, but sometimes the it may take a lot of patience and trying on many brands and styles to make this happen. I have many heels that look great, but wearing them reminds me of the term many refer to as killer heels for they can't be worn with out having the discomfort that becomes unbearable after a while. So these heels stay in their boxes until the urge to try wearing them again to see if the possibility that they just need more familiarity to become better fitting. I believe our feet have a limited ability to change or adapt when given the right stimuli, which may help or hinder wearing some heels at times. 

I'm concerned about the sores and injuries as you have described. Are you wearing any nylons or stocking while in heels? From what you have described, it sounds like your feet are sticking to the inside of the shoes, because there is no material to buffer and relieve your feet from sticking, which also means there is hardly any way for ventilation to happen. Wearing nylons doesn't mean your feet won't sweat, but this layer of material creates a type separation that somewhat gives your skin a better way to "breathe" and adjust in the shoes as you walk. Of course, if you already wear nylons, there could also possibly be some sort of allergen being activated that needs to be considered - checked out. Hope this situation gets better soon!      

Being from Payless, those shoes are not real leather, but rather some plastic material.  As such, they do not breathe well, and the foot tends to sweat.  Also, the plastic material tends to be less flexible than real leather and will not break in as easily.  As such, with stiffer material, more rubbing is likely to occur.  It would be great to find a place that sells true leather shoes at reasonable prices, but they are rather few and far between.  In the US, Nine West is likely about as close as you can get to that, and even there, if you buy anything that is "patent" leather, they are synthetic rather than real leather.  

• Like 1

Hello! I don`t wear nylon but just soles I realize I don`t need them. I had tried with no soles and nothing into a walmart and I had suffered a lot below the feet. Yes I found out payless heels don`t make true leather but a kind of imitation black leather making the heels very very pretty. That kind of color is unavailable elsewhere! They should make leather looking like that!

Recently I have found few other model more expansive but they seem to be great . Their original soles in their heels are modified and I felt better in them.

http://www.globoshoes.com/ca/en/globo/women/shoes/pumps-%26-heels/CARELLE/p/39092213-95

Or an another clark model: http://www.shoebuy.com/clarks-tempt-appeal/560670

From naturalizer: http://www.naturalizer.ca/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0102510&pg=7008521

The sole is very comfortable! Itried them today.

My heels size need to be 9.5 for payless but the heels I have shown you I need a 8.5 W without anything Inside!

So need to pay at least 100$ to have a good pair.

I just wait a while for autumn collections but I am not in a hurry to buy heels.

Oh I forgot to mention there is a black patent pair of heels at sears it is very round round toe and kitten heel almost but I dislike : http://www.sears.ca/product/jessica-md-womerns-kitten-heel-pumps/654-000866947-WF15-JE80-7002

Happy to share my experience with you!

Hello again! So In fact brin ging them to the shoemaker just made them worst! Anyway the model wasn`t fitting for me.

He adjusted the width but it was ok for the right shoe but the the left it was big. Finally the shoes became 9.5 W instead of 9.5 regular. When I walked with them it was like walking with high heel flat sandals. It stucks and it made as a noise of pillow. Shoes took out me of legs. I think I will get rid off! It brings sores for nothing. The width of the left shoe widen itself when I walk. On the middle left and right side open themselves like a breathing fish!

Edited by jim102

I would have to agree with Nine West shoes . I have several pair , high quality for the price. Jim have you thought about purchasing the same style in two different sizes . I have in the past had a left shoe loose while the right fit fine . The sales associate , made a suggestion to try two pair . I walked out with the same style in an 11W and a pair in size 12 .  I just did a quick search and the "Karmen" pump  comes in Medium and Wide .

Jim you may want to check Roman's , Lane Bryant , or Woman Within. to name a few . I have had good luck with these retailers in the past.

Wish you luck and keep looking you will find the right pair ....as Histilleto has stated. 

I've worn Karmen pumps for two years now and found them to be comfortable. I'm sorry to read that they didn't work out for you, jim. And, yes, I posted a positive review on the shoes. I wouldn't have done so if I didn't like them.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with JeffB. I have several pairs of the Payless, "Karmen" pumps and I find them very comfortable to wear. I also have pumps from Aerosoles, Nine West, Easy Spirit and Naturalizer., which are also comfortable to wear.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I would have to agree with Nine West shoes . I have several pair , high quality for the price. Jim have you thought about purchasing the same style in two different sizes . I have in the past had a left shoe loose while the right fit fine . The sales associate , made a suggestion to try two pair . I walked out with the same style in an 11W and a pair in size 12 .  I just did a quick search and the "Karmen" pump  comes in Medium and Wide .

Jim you may want to check Roman's , Lane Bryant , or Woman Within. to name a few . I have had good luck with these retailers in the past.

Wish you luck and keep looking you will find the right pair ....as Histilleto has stated. 

That solution of two pair might work for me, but that gets awfully expensive!  Not so bad maybe at Payless, but Nine West would put a hurtin' in the wallet!

• Like 1