Wish i had smaller feet

Oh how i wish i had smaller feet.  i am a size UK10. 

this means that if i want a pair of heels i have to keep searching on line. 

if my feet were smaller say around a 7 or 8 it would mean that i would be able to go in to any shoe shop on the high street and buy a pair of heels over the counter.  it also means that i could try them on to see if they fit OK..

There are so many styles of heels that take my fancy but a lot are only available up to a UK8.  at the top of my wish list at the moment is a pair of peeptoe ankle boots with a chunky heel.  The chances of getting a pair to fit is very slim especially in my price range.

i would also like a nice pair of chunky heel sandals as well as a few other styles.  for my charity work i wish i had kept the 7.5'' pleaser heels that i used on the first walk.  They were very challenging to walk in but sure did get attention.  there are also some nice stiletto heels i like especially boots.  what i dont like is a patent finish

how many others wish they had smaller feet? 

Those of us with a larger footprint ARE limited in our heel choices. You either have to go the "custom" route, which can be expensive, or go to sellers like Pleaser, which sells larger sizes but isn't to everyone's taste. However their ARE choices. You just have to get online and spend the time. 

Oh how i wish i had smaller feet.  i am a size UK10. 

this means that if i want a pair of heels i have to keep searching on line. 

I take a UK 12-13

i'm happy the way I am, good grip on the earth...

I take a UK11 (sometimes 12) and am perfectly happy with my feet as God provided them EXCEPT that most heels are denied me, certainly in the High Street, and few available online in the right styles fit as well as I should like.

Try Avenue, Munro, Lane Bryant, and Torid,

All four have larger sizes.

OK - but of no help if one is in the UK, where almost nothing seems to be available above UK9 or 10 except at excessive cost.

• 2 weeks later...

i love these boots but by the time i add on all the taxes and delivery the cost would virtually double. 

http://www.avenue.com/en_US/vero-belted-bootie-244912492.html?dwvar_244912492_color=044&dwvar_244912492_range=W#start=3&cgid=shoes-accessories-boots-ankle

Having just looked at these boots on the UK website, the price (after 25% discount offer) is £42.17, plus £6.48 for 'estimated' sales tax and shipping to UK, total £48.65.   That may be less than you were calculating, although it is still a tidy sum for a synthetic boot.   As the full declared value is quite modest, I think it unlikely that you will be charged any VAT and handling fee on importation, and I believe that no import duty arises either.   My MJ boots sent from Mexico came through without any difficulty last year.   

If you need a UK10, I would suggest USW13 is the best bet - better that they are slightly large than too tight.

Your call ...!

Yeah, I know what you mean.  We all seem to want things that we can't (or never will) have.  Fortunately, I can wear a gals size 11 or 12 shoe - sometimes I can even "squeeze" into a 10.  

When I was a teen - a long time ago - it was almost impossible to find gals shoes in anything over a size 10, and many styles went only to size 9.  

Over the years many manufacturers have began making the larger sizes, much to my pleasure.  I do however sympathize with those who are a slightly larger size and are locked out from having stylish shoes available to them.  

But for me, I am thankful for the larger sizes being available - but I too wish I had smaller feet!!  Take care all…  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...

Although we can't literally make our feet smaller, wearing shoes that are the same color as your legwear goes a long way toward creating the illusion of smaller feet, although it does tend to draw the eye away from the feet more that if you are wearing boldly contrasting shoes and legwear. My personal favorite is tan pumps with sheer tan hose, or bare legs - I think they make my Size 12 US look more like a 10 or 11.

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it....oh!

Although we can't literally make our feet smaller, wearing shoes that are the same color as your legwear goes a long way toward creating the illusion of smaller feet, although it does tend to draw the eye away from the feet more that if you are wearing boldly contrasting shoes and legwear. My personal favorite is tan pumps with sheer tan hose, or bare legs - I think they make my Size 12 US look more like a 10 or 11.

This thread is not about creating the illusion of smaller feet - it is all about the problems of getting desirable footwear in larger sizes!   I can understand that a woman with large feet might wish to disguise their size (just as she might similarly wish to disguise her build if overweight) by wearing the right footwear and other clothing, but that is not often a problem for a man - whether wearing feminine footwear or not.   Indeed, women's footwear generally makes the wearer's foot look smaller, particularly if high-heeled - possibly to the extent that it needs compensation, e.g. by having a longish pointed toe, if not to appear too dainty.   And many boots and sandals made for men are so clumpy or gross that they give the wearer an ugly and ungainly appearance - which is one good reason why most of us prefer the lighter, more elegant look of footwear intended for women and wish that (a) it was more readily available in larger sizes; and (b) we could wear it publicly without adverse reaction. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I don't post very often but think I will just say , im the totally opposite to you bigger shoe size people  and having small feet as a guy can draw attention to your self especially when wearing heels because feet look so tiny and ppl look.

I have uk size 5 feet so even a  3 inch heel block heel ankle boot can make my feet look small but regarding buying shoes its nice to have the choice that I can find good choices as a guy who likes to wear heels .

I agree with you Timmy!  Double edge sword indeed.  I too wish my feet were bigger, so they wouldn't look freakishly small in tall heels and jeans.  I wear size 43EU, 11US women's boots, tough to find this size in boots I like, but still wishing my feet were bigger!  I think that guys with larger feet have an easier time walking in taller heels also due to a smaller angle from the heel to the ground. 

Pebblesf yes  I have always thought that women with tiny feet and even guys wearing high heels have a harder time with the angle of the arch , quite nice to confirm my thoughts on this but I do  get conscious that my small feet in high heels do draw attention especially if im not wanting this due to the situation. 

Northeasthee   ho yes the choice of heels is amazing in uk 5s and 6s so yes im with you on that. 

I have no problem with my feet being a size 9uk, but the bunions on both my feet are a problem.

I used to think that my feet looked smaller when I wear heels. I also sometimes think when I go to try on  a new pair of heels on for the first that my feet are never going to fit. The heels just look too small but still fit.

I'm a 7.5 UK, sometimes 8 so I can buy heels with no problems. I do sometimes wish I was a 6 as a couple of my female friends have said that I could try on their shoes if my feet were smaller, but by and large I'm happy with the size I have.

Being a size 15. I understand the problem. I really don't  want smaller feet just a bigger selection. It would be nice to go to a shoe store and try on want you like and take it with you right then. But with this size foot I am forced to order online and hope they fit. I agree that one plus having larger feet makes it easier to accommodate higher heels.  

• 2 weeks later...

Im a us11 which is uk9 or eu42. Whilst i have a good selection and its growing all the time with lots of mainstream shoe makers going to 11-12. Nine West, jessica simpson etc etc

i also agree that womens shoes are much smaller and less cumbersome than mens shoes. They seem smaller and neater. More compact. 

I would live 1 size smaller but more id live a smalller / thinner left little toe which causes me grief in lots of shoes

its a good day when this is the extant of our problems

james

Regards

James

• 3 weeks later...

Although my feet are with in the limits of most retail high heel inventories, a lot of the time the stock for the heels I desire is sold out before I get a chance to even see them, so I'm forced to go on-line anyway. Even then, the chance I can find them becomes very slim. I wish there was a way to pre-order the pair of heels or at least have a type of wish/want list that manufacturers could look at to run another batch for those who really want them. This could also include the sizing. To me it sounds like a win win process, even though all the problems would still have to be dealt with. They sell their products and the consumers get what they want with a lot less waste to worry about. Mass production has provided us with a lot of unwanted or at least unsold items that have to be considered into the cost of business. If high heels could be produced from a demand type of list, their initial retail costs could be even lower, because the waste wouldn't be such a deficit.   

• 2 weeks later...