Halloween Around The Corner

jetheelsfan

There are several clearance sales still taking place.  A good time to make the funds stretch farther. 

What would be a good costume theme that would require the use of heels to make it complete?   Looking for ideas.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Good grief. It's not even Labor Day yet, Haloween stores are popping up, and worse some stores are stocking and selling Christmas stuff. It kind of messes up the seasons.

Can we at least wait untill after Labor Day, before we thinking about Haloween. Better yet wait till at least Vetran's/ Armastice  Day before we before we put up the Christmas decore.

.... I totally agree but "Summer Clearance Sales" are at their best now and will wain quickly.  Yes, too early but some stores have had kids costumes for quite a while and I did see a store with Christmas Trees on display.  I won't disagree it is too early for both to be on display. 

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Hey jethheelsfan,

As for what costume to wear with heels, I remember seeing the "Beetlejuice" advertisements which portrayed the star wearing high heel boots. How about the "Rocky Horror Show" look? Then there is Jonathan Winter's "Maude Fricket". Robin Williams' "Mrs. Doubtfire", Dustin Hoffman's "Tootsie",  Flip Wilson's "Geraldine", Barry Humphries' "Dame Edna", or Tony Curtis & Jack Lemon in "Some Like It Hot". There are so many more examples that can be sighted, but it actually comes down to how you want to dress up. From the array of costumes out there, you shouldn't have much of a problem finding something or at least getting an idea or two. From the word cowboy, which to me connotes trans gendering as the "cow" label usually refers to the female bovine and the boy is obviously the male part. I got the idea to get a fancy cowboy outfit and attach spurs to a pair of high stiletto pumps or boots to go with it. I've been looking at different outfits to complete this costume look, but haven't finalized it yet.

The markets may have opened the door to early interests in holiday sales, but it is the consumers preseasonal buying that made these type of sales annual happenings. However, they don't necessarily effect me if I don't patronize such businesses.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I went as Satan. A black suit, black shirt and tie, horns tied in my shoulder length hair, black eye shadow and nail polish, and my black knee high boots with a 3 inch heel. The suit pants covered the boots but the heels were exposed.

I took a walk thru town and was mostly ignored but I also got several compliments.

Oh hell -  - - My SO has her birthday on Halloween. Once a year her true nature comes out (annual joke).

Unfortunately, there s no way she's letting me out of the house with her around and me in heels.

I've got neon orange heels and an assortment of options, and offered to had out the candy etc - - - Oh hell no she say's.

Oh well - - - -