Heels (Over 5") And Comfort....

On 12/22/2015 at 5:38 PM, Chorlini said:

I really hate to sound like a broken record, I really do, but........ another platform? :wink:

You might not like platform but I have found that a small platfrom make the shoes loads more comfortable when walking outside. I,m not taking about the heel height, a small platform stops you feeling every little stone through the sole when walking..

Try looking on Just Fab and Asos websites. I have seen shoes with a 5" heel on there.

Platforms have been around a <l-o-n-g> time. I can remember seeing some World War II posters with women wearing a type of .5" to 1" platforms. In the 60's, there were the Go-Go Boots, which turned me off. Then in the 70's & 80's, the platform heels were everywhere on many men and women alike, but the look was tied too much with a certain pop culture that didn't continue to support it. The present trend started around the end of the twentieth century (1900's). Most of these platforms were carry-overs from the 80's, with flat blocks under the toe boxes and hardly any contouring to accommodate a person's walking. They looked clumpy and cloddish. Then shortly after the turn of the twenty first century, high heel manufacturers started molding the platforms, making them somewhat more aesthetically appropriate so that the wearer's feet didn't stick out like sore thumbs. Up until this time, I wasn't in favor of wearing most any platform footwear, but this improved look brought me around to trying a few styles and brands. Two to four inch platforms were everywhere at first, but some providence took precedence along with a bunch of ankle injuries and falls, which helped to lessened the platform thicknesses to 1.5" or thinner. Now I have a fair variety of what I consider attractive platform stiletto pumps that I accent my outfits from time to time. I know I have posted a couple of them already in other comments.  

247erospat_large_bk quad.jpg

sebastian-high-stilleto-heel-pumps-black-blue-ombre-patent-leather-trio.jpg

• Like 2

Hi there,

i have nothing against platform, it is juste because sometimes it is an easy way to have height.

By the way, what is interesting me is 5" (or more) "feeling": With a platform of 1", i would have an heel of 6"....

First item is: Comfort at >5"

I do own a pair of 7" heels with a 2" platfoem. It is a strange feeling. but good and very comfortable.

On the other if I could a find a pair of 5" heels without a platform, would I not post a photo of them ? Maybe that other member that;s been responding and criticising could post some photos on here.

On 12/27/2015 at 11:07 AM, Histiletto said:

Platforms have been around a <l-o-n-g> time. I can remember seeing some World War II posters with women wearing a type of .5" to 1" platforms. In the 60's, there were the Go-Go Boots, which turned me off. Then in the 70's & 80's, the platform heels were everywhere on many men and women alike, but the look was tied too much with a certain pop culture that didn't continue to support it. The present trend started around the end of the twentieth century (1900's). Most of these platforms were carry-overs from the 80's, with flat blocks under the toe boxes and hardly any contouring to accommodate a person's walking. They looked clumpy and cloddish. Then shortly after the turn of the twenty first century, high heel manufacturers started molding the platforms, making them somewhat more aesthetically appropriate so that the wearer's feet didn't stick out like sore thumbs. Up until this time, I wasn't in favor of wearing most any platform footwear, but this improved look brought me around to trying a few styles and brands. Two to four inch platforms were everywhere at first, but some providence took precedence along with a bunch of ankle injuries and falls, which helped to lessened the platform thicknesses to 1.5" or thinner. Now I have a fair variety of what I consider attractive platform stiletto pumps that I accent my outfits from time to time. I know I have posted a couple of them already in other comments.  

247erospat_large_bk quad.jpg

sebastian-high-stilleto-heel-pumps-black-blue-ombre-patent-leather-trio.jpg

Love the Jimmy Choo very much :pulsingheart:

I have bought a lot of boots from Gianrico Mori and Karla Malthon.  They offer really high heels and large shoe sizes.  Regarding the heel, they seem to be what you are looking for.  Try them both on ebay.  

• Like 1

I have been wearing thigh boots with 5" stilettos for years.  My current pair is single soled (which I just had resoled because I wore the sole out) has a 5 1/4" heel.  I just added an arch support insole that also has a 1/2" gel cushion at the heel.  This makes the boots feel like a 5 /3/4" heel.  It took a few steps to the used to the additional 1/2" but they feel great.   The thickness of the insole tightens the boot around my foot and I was surprised at how good they feel.

I don't have the brand of the insole but I found them at Krogers (large grocery chain in my area) for about $5.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The first picture is the Simply Vera Vera Wang Melrose Pump, the heel measured from the side is 5" - measured from the back is 5 1/4" - platform is 1 1/2".

The second picture is the Jessica Simpson Salvati Platform T-Strap Sandal, the heel measured from the side is 5 1/4" - measured from the back is 5 1/2", platform is 1 3/4".

Here is another picture of the Vera Wang Melrose Pump from the rear.568561d50de58_SimplyVeraVeraWangMelroseP