Need Your Meanings :)

wastheels

Hey everyone,

yesterday i saw a pair of wedges.. and what should i say.. i fell in love. They are the DAMSELS from Jeffrey Campbell. I thought about buying them but before that i need some meanings from other people. Soo what do you think of them:post-26491-0-70851300-1437251992_thumb.j

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "meanings," but if you want my opinion, I am happy to give it. Don't take this personally--people like what they like, and that's perfectly ok--but I hate them. To me, it looks like someone took a perfectly good work boot, and stuck a whole bunch of building material underneath it. From the side view, it gives the illusion of a very short, thick foot. Not very attractive.

Take this opinion with a grain of salt. I tend to dislike wedgies in general (even though my latest purchase was a pair of wedgie sandals), and I don't like platforms that huge. So, given that, it's difficult for me to like these boots. However, if you have actually "fallen in love" with them, however misguidedly, haha, by all means buy them! Wear them! Love them! That's what it's all about.

Wastheels,

Asking for other people's opinions (and that's what you mean by "meanings") is usually not very productive. You will get the whole range of responses, from people who like what you propose, to those who don't like it at all. So if you're looking for support, you'll probably find some, but be prepared - not everyone is going to like your choice. We're all different and we all have different preferences, and that's what makes a marketplace.

So if you like those shoes, you don't need my opinion. You don't even know me. And you don't need the opinion of Mlroseplant above. Or anybody else. The only opinion that counts is yours. If you like them and you can afford them, just go and buy them and tell us afterward.Good luck on getting what you like!

Steve

If you fell in love with them, thats all that matters.

I´m you would dislike some of the shoes in my collection, but i won´t stop wearing them because you don´t like them, so don´t let my opinion (or anyone else´s) get in the way of the shoes you like.

I dislike wedges and platforms. They look so clumpy. I like my shoes to be more minimal, revealing and elegant.

I wouldn't be seen dead in the ones you've posted here.

If you have to ask other people for their option on these  then maybe these are not right for you. In your mind your not sure if you want to buy them so maybe that a good enough reason not to buy them.  There be another pair out there where you would buy them without thinking about it.

Hey everyone,

yesterday i saw a pair of wedges.. and what should i say.. i fell in love. They are the DAMSELS from Jeffrey Campbell. I thought about buying them but before that i need some meanings from other people. Soo what do you think of them:attachicon.gifwp_ss_20150718_0001.jpg

If you like them - - go for it

I'd buy them if they were in a deep discount clearance aisle, but full price - not a chance. I might think twice if the platform was a tad bit less overall.

Hi,

first of all, as I am from Germany, let me clear one thing up:

opinion (EN) = Meinung (DE)

meaning (EN) = Bedeutung (DE)

You probably mixed up those two.

Regarding the wedges: If you are younger, go for something edgy. Campbell is always edgy, and if you are in your teens or early 20s, go for them. At age 30 or 40 you won't wear them anymore.

Personally, I think the platform is a bit too high. Less platform would look more refined.

Second, the experience I have made is that the lacing (Schnürung) can hurt near the toes of the feet, as there must be a leather flap covering the lacing below it - the double layer of leather often causes blisters for me. Maybe that's just with my feet.

The wedges I liked and bought are the ones from Jil Sander. Less platform, but still looks kinda cool I think.

jil-sander-leather-wedge-ankle-boots-pro

But as others said - if you like them, buy them!

• 2 weeks later...

i personally like the damsels quite a bit and would go for them if i were you...however i usually think about how to wear a pair of shoes before buying them...

i read some reviews on them some time ago, they were sort of hard to walk in because of the heigth, but they look great

the ones from jil sander are very nice too!!

wastheels,

No need to apologize.  As was said, if you like them go for it.  One thing about walking in platforms, IMHO they are less forgiving that many other styles when walking on pebbles, cracks in the pavement, and other types of uneven terrain.

If you buy them, please post pics.

vector

wastheels,

As you can see plenty of opinions here. Jeffrey Campbell has always marketed heels with men in mind and that's why they tend to be pricey. The most important point here is that if YOU like then you should buy them. I love women's shoes so I wouldn't bother spending money for a shoe that mimics a woman's shoe rather I'll just buy a woman's shoe in my size and work it into my outfit. You must decide how that works for you based on what you will be doing and where you will be. We can't tell you what to buy or not buy but we can encourage you to show confidence no matter what you wear.  HappyinHeels

Thanks to all. I want them soo bad so i finally bought them last week. They are so perfect but not that easy to walk. But after a two days of practice i went to a party in them and hell yes that felt great.

post-26491-0-55072600-1440423897_thumb.j