mlroseplant

The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant

Thanks for the replies and encouragement, @bluejay and @Pierre1961. OK, I've manged to jam the rest of my pictures into a file size that will hopefully fit. To briefly review, the above picture (in the previous post) was suit and tie plus Jimmy Choo suede pumps. Photo No. 1 here is a closer view (taken behind the lectern at church, by the way) of the pumps. They are my first true "designer" heels purchase, and it's something I may never do again. I paid the princely sum of about $200 with shipping for them, and then didn't realize I'd bought from a seller in Ukraine. Well, everything turned out OK in the end, except that these are never going to be a great value per wear item. They are my highest heels, coming in at just a tick under 6 inches (a tick meaning like 5 15/16"--still can't claim I own and wear 6 inch heels) with 1 1/4 inch platform. They are not terribly difficult to walk in, but they are lower cut pumps, so I have to be extremely careful not to lose a shoe. I really like how they look, but I don't see me wearing these things all the time. It was a bit foolish to wear them to church without a test run someplace else first, but I got by with it.

Photo No. 2 is my boot cut dress pants with Nine West Dancecard mules. I think they'd probably look better with slimmer, shorter pants. Photo No. 3 is a behind-the-lectern closeup. Heels are 5 3/8" with 1 1/8 platform. Very comfortable sandal, but a bitch to get on and off right at the moment.

Photo No. 4 is my skinny dress pants with Michael Kors Sommerly wedges, coming in at a much more terrestrial 4 5/8" with 1 1/8" platform. These pants were inexpensive, and are what I imagine some boring chick would wear to an office job. Doesn't say much for me, does it? At least people are always excited to see my shoes.

JChoosm.JPG

NWDCoutfit.PNG

NWDCsm.jpg

MKSW.PNG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Full dress shirt, usually with a tie, 2) polo shirt, which may or may not be from the women's section, they aren't all that different from each other except for size, and 3) plain crew neck t-shirt, although I have many colors which most guys don't wear. And that's basically it.

Try some linen shirts. You can get them in basic colors, they are cool to wear in the summer, they're somewhere between a full dress shirt and polo. You don't tuck them in and you can wear them with dress pants to shorts. Great at summer backyard bbq's.  I like to pair them with wedge sandals, like my old Charles by Charles David, or strappy heels.

And No tropical shirts? No shirts with prints of fun things on them, like small piano's.

I think I wore my first tie in over 10 years last month.

• Like 1

@mlroseplant well done on your image resizing work ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to show us... I, as probably most others, really enjoy seeing the sights along with reading the words. 

Those first pumps you pictured really look great. Quite formal and really church worthy too :-)  Are you wearing them with hose? 

and those wedges at the end look really nice too, very summery indeed. 

@mlroseplant the first thing I thought of your Jimmy Choo platforms is how enormous they make your feet look, especially compared to the slim strappy styles you usually show us.  It initially captivated me in sort of a Stefani Germanotta armadillo shoe way.  I usually find that heels make feet look smaller, and it’s interesting to see pumps having the opposite effect here.  

Nice pics, nice sandals.  I wear gals shoes to church as well, never has been problem.  sf

40 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

@mlroseplant the first thing I thought of your Jimmy Choo platforms is how enormous they make your feet look, especially compared to the slim strappy styles you usually show us.  It initially captivated me in sort of a Stefani Germanotta armadillo shoe way.  I usually find that heels make feet look smaller, and it’s interesting to see pumps having the opposite effect here.  

Maybe it's a combination of the chunky heel along with the wide pants?

12 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Maybe that's what seems a little off. I don't completely hate the look, but I much prefer my Nine West Plantera pumps, which have a slimmer heel (but not stiletto) and slightly smaller platform. It was an experiment, anyway. I have always thought that those extremely high Miguel Jones cowboy boots suffered from the same issue.

11 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Maybe it's a combination of the chunky heel along with the wide pants?

Actually, the pants are quite slim for men's suit pants, and they are that way because my best friend and shoe buddy made them that way for me. I wonder if I tried them with normally cut men's pants if it would balance out the chunkiness of the shoes.

• Like 1

They all look great on you and are something I’d wear. Good choices! HinH