The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant

mlroseplant

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

But you don’t have a license to kill

Oh dear!   Mr Bond, being a proper British agent, was licensed to kill but had a licence to that effect.   (And he wouldn't dream of drinking red wine with fish, old man, especially not on a train from Trieste.)

Edited by Puffer

It's "Indian Summer" here in Iowa. Why they call it that, I have no idea, but it is simply a period of days during the autumn season that are comfortably warm, occurring after the first killing frost. I don't know why I mentioned the weather, because in any case, I am not done wearing sandals for the year, regardless of the temperature.

Pictured here are what are possibly my girliest pair of shoes, my D & G mules with the flower, probably previously featured elsewhere on this forum in the "New Shoes" section.  I bought them some time ago because, except for the flower detail, they are just totally me, and I guess I have gotten beyond caring about a little thing like having a flower shape on the front of my shoes. What I can tell you is, these shoes are awesome! They fit me well, they're easy to walk in, they don't tire me out, what can I say? I wore them pretty much all day long yesterday, both to church and for shopping for the week.

One thing I can tell you for sure, is that they are obnoxiously loud. In theory, I kind of like that. In practice, I wish they were a little quieter, but hey, whatever. I did not realize how loud they really were until I went to the grocery store, as the portion of the church where I do most of my standing/walking is carpeted.

I do not at this moment recall the exact stats on them, but they are close to my very usual 5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform. And they're loud. Did I mention that they're loud?

D&G GirlyMules.jpg

• Like 1

Indian Summer is over as of today, but I am happy to report that I have everything safely put away in the garage (barely), and am sort of halfway ready for winter. If we can get a couple of projects done over the winter, there should be much more garage space come spring. One of the projects is to figure out why my truck transmission blew up, and to hopefully fix it. And that's one of those things I could actually do in high heels, without it being too impractical.

TrannyOnTable.jpg

• Like 1

So, the weather has turned to crap rather suddenly here. It actually snowed a bit, but it didn't stick. However, there was a high wind that made it feel like it was actually cold.  I needed to go to the grocery store to purchase some comestibles. I decided to use this circumstance to try out my new knee high boots, chronicled somewhere above on this thread, and perhaps elsewhere.

There are two things I noticed. I got more looks wearing those boots than I've gotten in a long time. You would think that a 50-some year old guy would get more looks in tiny shorts, but at least on this day, it wasn't true. I was definitely being stared at for pretty much the entire time I was there, which was not as much as 10 minutes.

The other thing I noticed was that there are two snaps on these boots which annoy me, and there's no way to get rid of them without it looking bad. They really don't serve a function, they are decorative, and I guess they're kind of cool, but given the way I walk, they tend to catch on each other, as my ankles pass very close together with each step. I have spent years developing this style, and now I have to change it for these stupid boots. The things you don't notice until later.

VCbootsSnap.jpg

VCBoots.jpg

Most of the time I when wear my shorts most people don't notice my heels, except when I wear my lace ups with a 6+ inch wedge. But put your knee highs over your jeans and it is a different story.  People will notice a block away.  Get use to it.😄

Now is it because the women are envious and wish they had worn a pair themselves and the men wish they could do it, secretly want to wear boots like that?

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

I wear knee boots over skinny jeans and with leggings. Love the look and yes I do get some looks, but I'm so confident in what I'm wearing. Do get some compliments from both the ladies and yes even men.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

On 11/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, Cali said:

Most of the time I when wear my shorts most people don't notice my heels, except when I wear my lace ups with a 6+ inch wedge. But put your knee highs over your jeans and it is a different story.  People will notice a block away.  Get use to it.😄

Now is it because the women are envious and wish they had worn a pair themselves and the men wish they could do it, secretly want to wear boots like that?

On 11/14/2021 at 11:48 PM, bluejay said:

I wear knee boots over skinny jeans and with leggings. Love the look and yes I do get some looks, but I'm so confident in what I'm wearing. Do get some compliments from both the ladies and yes even men.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

On 11/15/2021 at 12:35 AM, Shyheels said:

I've only ever had compliments, when I hear anything at all, but by and large no reactions at all - which is just as it should be. 

I shall have to try it again to see if I get the same results. If I were truly interested, I would try it alone, with my son, and with my wife to see if THAT made any difference. I made a quick run to the store last night in nondescript jeans wearing some rather low heeled but patent leather sandals that kind of stand out to those who bother to notice. Four teenaged boys followed us into the store, and they were laughing hysterically. As it turns out, it had nothing to do with me.

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 1

I went out to speak to a road crew who were repaving the footpath in front of out house. I was wearing grey suede OTK boots (low heels) and nobody gave my boots a second glance - had a chat about how long before one could walk in or drive over the footpath and that was that.

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I went out to speak to a road crew who were repaving the footpath in front of out house. I was wearing grey suede OTK boots (low heels) and nobody gave my boots a second glance - had a chat about how long before one could walk in or drive over the footpath and that was that.

You might have gotten a completely different reaction if they where 4-5 inch stilettoes.

10 minutes ago, Isolathor said:

If you go outside in anything that is not the usual clothing people wear you will get noticed, but not necessarily commented on. 

Perhaps noticed by some but most people go around in their own bubbles. I reckon you could trudge down the street in a deep sea diving suit and a good third of passers-by wouldn’t notice a thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shyheels said:

Perhaps noticed by some but most people go around in their own bubbles. I reckon you could trudge down the street in a deep sea diving suit and a good third of passers-by wouldn’t notice a thing

And the main reason is: everybody is looking at their smartphones! 😈

• Like 2

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

That is certainly my experience, normally, and it sort of depends on where you are. I even noticed this tendency before everyone had their head buried in a phone. I am convinced that the reason that there are as many auto crashes as there are is that people just don't notice stuff in general.

It is just on this one particular occasion that people seemed to notice me, and I just happened to be wearing boots. Is there causation there? I kind of doubt it, but it made for good forum copy.

20 hours ago, Cali said:

Wearing knee high boots over your skinny jeans or leggings is empowering.

This subject has come up before, but I don't remember the resolution, if there is one. What is the deal about wearing boots over your jeans? Why is it empowering? And why would one care if it is? I personally don't wear what I wear to feel powerful, but that seems to be an over-arching theme narrated by many on this forum. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's a word that gets used a lot, especially when it comes to boots.

Furthermore, why would boots over your jeans get you noticed in particular? Especially since it's a very normal style for women (and, to some extent, men) these days, I would think it would be something which would not really catch people's eyes. In fact, when is the last time you saw a pair of knee high boots NOT being worn on the outside? Cowboy boots in certain instances, that all I can think of, and usually that's a work or livestock type situation.

Shorts and heels, on the other hand, are very unusual to be seen on anybody in normal life (in other words, not Friday night going to the bar or club). Perhaps in southern California, women wear shorts and heels to do their weekly shopping at Ralph's on a Tuesday afternoon, but I kind of doubt it. The chances of you seeing a woman in such outlandish garb here in Iowa are approaching zero. Not absolutely zero, but approaching zero. Therefore, I would think that a man wearing shorts and heels would garner more attention than a man wearing knee high boots on the outside of his pants.

• Like 1

Totally agree. Wearing boots over jeans is just normal - and if they are OTK boots pretty much unavoidable. I too don’t get all this “empowering” talk.  I wear what I wear because I like the look and style. And I’ve not found that wearing boots over jeans gets me noticed - nor should it.

And I totally don’t get the shorts and heels thing. And certainly not shorts and boots. 

Edited by Shyheels

Pretty much all my life I have regularly worn gals shoes, wearing heels since 1996.  I often have wondered how many times folks really notice, not that I care, since I wear heels because I like it, NOT to be noticed.  

This video confirms for me that obvious things go virtually unnoticed by many.  At least I got the number of “passes” correct.  See how you do, have fun.   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

This subject has come up before, but I don't remember the resolution, if there is one. What is the deal about wearing boots over your jeans? Why is it empowering? And why would one care if it is? I personally don't wear what I wear to feel powerful, but that seems to be an over-arching theme narrated by many on this forum. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's a word that gets used a lot, especially when it comes to boots.

I don't wear heels just to be notice. But I'm smart enough to know that when I wear heels I get noticed, and I almost always wear heels.

I started wearing women's shoes on a daily basis when after another ankle reconstruction, I tried to find out why. Frequent operations/reconstructions, 6-7 weeks in a cast and 3 - 4+ months of rehab gets old very fast.  It turned out my foot shape did not fit men's shoes very well, but it did fit women's shoes pretty good. Then I discovered that 3.8 + inch heels relieved my hip pain and I have been wearing heels ever since.  To me its pain relief, but at the same time why not enjoy my foot wear, have fun with it. I have many  different kinds (NO pumps - don't fit) including 4 knee highs and several other calf high boots. At first, when I was still hiding I wore them under my pants. A few knee highs and shorts days too, oh what fun.

It is a completely different feeling when I wear them outside my skinny jeans or leggings.  I feel bolder, empowered. My leather ones on a wet day are great.  However the number of double/triple takes more that quadruple.

• Like 2