The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant

mlroseplant

I did something last weekend that I haven't done in over a year. I attended a backyard barbecue. Well, we're all vaccinated now, so what the hell, why not? Other than breaking my phone while playing frisbee with the kids, a good time was had by all. The host of this event is a relatively new homeowner, and although I helped him move out of his apartment and into this house about a year ago, we'd never really had an "event" there until now.

As it turns out, this fellow's sister was there as well (just for context, we're all somewhere around 50 years old, more or less), and the subject came up, "How many shoes do you own?" I was put to shame because this gal claimed 150. To be fair, it sounds like few, or perhaps none of them are heels, but it did give me the opportunity to demonstrate, right there in front of God and everybody, how to walk in high heels, and how NOT to. And then I got the, "Oh, I wish I could still wear heels" line. I am convinced that most women in this country have either had foot surgery or had some kind of accident, because I've heard that line so often now that maybe I don't much believe it anymore. But perhaps that is another subject for another time.

SöfftWedgesShorts.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/3/2021 at 5:31 AM, mlroseplant said:

And then I got the, "Oh, I wish I could still wear heels" line. I am convinced that most women in this country have either had foot surgery or had some kind of accident, because I've heard that line so often now that maybe I don't much believe it anymore.

I agree with you on that one.  Big difference between "could still" and just don't bother.  

I was on vacation last week and stopped in the town where Western Kentucky University is located.  We went out for dinner Sunday evening and when we came out, there was a group of 20 or so young ladies waiting to get in to the restaurant.  I guessed that it was some kind of sorority get together as it was graduation weekend in town.  All of the girls were nicely dressed, mostly in dresses.  But of course what I noticed was their footwear.  I would say maybe a third of them were wearing flip flops or perhaps a low wedge sandal, with the rest wearing the exact same shoe style, almost like it was a uniform.  Block heel on all, no thin heels at all, with 90% being in the 2-2.5 inch range, with a couple of maybe 3-3.5 inches.  This is the style, though I'd guess that most were actually a bit lower and blockier in the heel::

Jody Sandal

Personally, I've never found this style to be particularly attractive to begin with.  But there are many available with a stiletto heel that can look decent.  But not one of them had a thin heel, and I just couldn't believe that they all had the same style.  Doesn't give me a lot of hope for heels for the young ladies.  The other thing I noticed (my wife was having a smoke before she got in the car so I had some time to sit and observe) was the length of their dresses.  I have to say there were a few that I would consider ridiculously short.  If they would have bent over in any way their undies would have been showing,  I enjoy the feminine leg probably a good deal more than the average guy, but a few were what to me was a bit too short.  Yeah, yeah, I know I'm old...lol.  

Heard mentality!  The age of individuality is over.  Blessed be those that follow the crowd for they will inherit the heard’s shallowness!

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

14 hours ago, RonC said:

I agree with you on that one.  Big difference between "could still" and just don't bother.  

I was on vacation last week and stopped in the town where Western Kentucky University is located.  We went out for dinner Sunday evening and when we came out, there was a group of 20 or so young ladies waiting to get in to the restaurant.  I guessed that it was some kind of sorority get together as it was graduation weekend in town.  All of the girls were nicely dressed, mostly in dresses.  But of course what I noticed was their footwear.  I would say maybe a third of them were wearing flip flops or perhaps a low wedge sandal, with the rest wearing the exact same shoe style, almost like it was a uniform.  Block heel on all, no thin heels at all, with 90% being in the 2-2.5 inch range, with a couple of maybe 3-3.5 inches.  This is the style, though I'd guess that most were actually a bit lower and blockier in the heel::

Jody Sandal

Personally, I've never found this style to be particularly attractive to begin with.  But there are many available with a stiletto heel that can look decent.  But not one of them had a thin heel, and I just couldn't believe that they all had the same style.  Doesn't give me a lot of hope for heels for the young ladies.  The other thing I noticed (my wife was having a smoke before she got in the car so I had some time to sit and observe) was the length of their dresses.  I have to say there were a few that I would consider ridiculously short.  If they would have bent over in any way their undies would have been showing,  I enjoy the feminine leg probably a good deal more than the average guy, but a few were what to me was a bit too short.  Yeah, yeah, I know I'm old...lol.  

This one's been around a while, in different iterations. I don't like it because it covers up the back of the foot, and why would you ever want to do that? Haha. Do you like THIS version of those heels rather better? Why? Compare and contrast. This is my niece, by the way, from several years ago. Feel free to criticize her as you see fit. I know I do!

Squirrelwalk.thumb.PNG.bdbe4b6a42f33114cf2be273fbf12b24.PNG

13 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Herd mentality!  The age of individuality is over.  Blessed be those that follow the crowd for they will inherit the herd’s shallowness!

To continue in that theme, there is nothing new under the sun. The age of individuality never existed. Those who are innovators are generally lonesome. You oughta know that, being as you're one of us!

On 5/8/2021 at 6:21 AM, mlroseplant said:

Do you like THIS version of those heels rather better? Why? Compare and contrast. This is my niece, by the way, from several years ago. Feel free to criticize her as you see fit. I know I do!

Certainly these heels are much nicer than the low blocky stuff, but not a fan of the platform part.  I'm with you on this style.  I can't explain why, but I just do not like the back part of this style.  It seems to rarely fit snugly to the ankle which leaves an ugly gap in the back.  I'd much rather see a traditional ankle strap style than this fugly partial heel design.

I see no reason to criticize your niece in this photo.  Looks like a lovely young lady!

Aren't the shoes (sandals) worn by Melrose's niece almost the same style (with a closed back) as those illustrated by Ron C, apart from having a higher and slimmer heel?

But, that aside, I much prefer a 'barely there' style with an open slingback and preferably no ankle strap.   Less is more - except of course in terms of heel height!   Here is an example:

Barely there sandals | Summer sandals

14 hours ago, RonC said:

Certainly these heels are much nicer than the low blocky stuff, but not a fan of the platform part.  I'm with you on this style.  I can't explain why, but I just do not like the back part of this style.  It seems to rarely fit snugly to the ankle which leaves an ugly gap in the back.  I'd much rather see a traditional ankle strap style than this fugly partial heel design.

I see no reason to criticize your niece in this photo.  Looks like a lovely young lady!

Fitment seems to be a big problem with this style. Probably lack of experience, mainly. Because you know, it's a sandal! It's not going to fit the same in about half an hour as it did in the store.

We may not love this style, but it's very similar, at least in the back, to almost literally every single Latin dance shoe ever made, and there's nothing wrong with Latin dance shoes. Go figure.

12 hours ago, Puffer said:

Aren't the shoes (sandals) worn by Melrose's niece almost the same style (with a closed back) as those illustrated by Ron C, apart from having a higher and slimmer heel?

But, that aside, I much prefer a 'barely there' style with an open slingback and preferably no ankle strap.   Less is more - except of course in terms of heel height!   Here is an example:

Barely there sandals | Summer sandals

Yes, Ron's example and mine are very similar. Perhaps I did not make it very clear that the picture of my niece is probably from, oh, at least 2015, and it might be older than that. I can remember when this style of sandal became all the rage in Asia, so my point was that this may be what the girls are wearing now, but the style has been around for quite some time. My niece is now 28 years old, and I seriously doubt she wears heels at all anymore. When she was a teenager, she was like the high heel queen. Those Jimmy Choos are very sleek, indeed!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

so my point was that this may be what the girls are wearing now, but the style has been around for quite some time.

Yes, they have been around for a long while, and I'm really tired of seeing them (of course I already said I didn't like them to begin with).  And the style has gone downhill as in the beginning they were high slim heels as your niece is wearing in the photo to now being low blocky crap.  I'm just really depressed at where ladies footwear is headed.  I know my time on this planet is limited, and it's depressing to think that I may never really see heel wearing return to common practice.  Of course, quite honestly, I doubt it ever will return to be common, every day practice.  The strength of the women's movement to erase differences between men and women all the way down to the shoes they wear, combined with the continued assault on heels due to their supposed horrendous impact on women's health sure seems to be having a negative impact.  Heels will be around, but the frequency of wear will, in my opinion, be severely limited.

On 5/9/2021 at 4:39 PM, Puffer said:

I think that was the idea - same style but different heel type and height.  At least decent looking then compared to current.  And those Jimmy Choo's are smoking hot shoes - though one would hope for a lady with nice looking feet if wearing a shoe that revealing.  I know I couldn't do those justice, but I'd love to give them a try.  Not at those prices though!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RonC said:

Yes, they have been around for a long while, and I'm really tired of seeing them (of course I already said I didn't like them to begin with).  And the style has gone downhill as in the beginning they were high slim heels as your niece is wearing in the photo to now being low blocky crap.  I'm just really depressed at where ladies footwear is headed.  I know my time on this planet is limited, and it's depressing to think that I may never really see heel wearing return to common practice.  Of course, quite honestly, I doubt it ever will return to be common, every day practice.  The strength of the women's movement to erase differences between men and women all the way down to the shoes they wear, combined with the continued assault on heels due to their supposed horrendous impact on women's health sure seems to be having a negative impact.  Heels will be around, but the frequency of wear will, in my opinion, be severely limited.

Some of the shoes that you've said you've done 2+ miles in most women wouldn't even consider walking farther than from the car to the restaurant in (or a short distance to wherever they are going.  I doubt there are many woman that walk two miles in any type of heel at all, much less the 4"-4+" heels you've done your miles in.  I wasn't necessarily indicating that you were going two miles in those heels, but that simply being able to be mobile in a heel like that is likely beyond most women of the world.

I've copied the second part of this quote from the New Shoes thread--I didn't want to get it too far off topic.

To be fair, a lot of girls and women would like to wear heels, but it's very difficult to get past the ubiquitous bias that they're going to be at best uncomfortable, and at worst crippling. Even my dyed-in-the-wool high heeled friend, a woman of 46, is having her doubts about how long she will continue to wear heels except for special occasions. I assume that they actually do cause her discomfort at times, because she certainly wouldn't give them up voluntarily. Just for context, this is a woman whose overall style has gotten significantly shorter, tighter, and with more skin showing than when she was younger, so it isn't a matter of middle aged dowdy style.

The experience of painful shoes is the story of almost every woman, and probably most of them are true. In years past, a woman expected to endure a certain amount of pain in order to meet society's expectations. That is no longer true, and we're probably better off for it.

So, that begs the question of why am I able to wear the shoes I wear and get away with it? I really have no idea. I think it is a combination of desire, training, and dumb luck with genetics. Overall, I do seem to have a rather sturdy constitution even though I am relatively tiny. Also, I've never known a woman who actually trains in high heels in the ways that I have suggested. I still say that, all other things being equal, you have to pound the pavement. There is just no way around it. Well, the fact is, who wants to pound the pavement in dress shoes of any sort? Only me and a few other unusual souls. It is certainly no surprise that heels get a bad rap. In many ways they've earned it.

You’ve probably nailed at least one reason. Training! Women don’t train. Or only a few . They don’t even think about it. The ones who should do it because they don’t feel at ease in heels usually give up. 

The other reason you mentioned is about comfort. Women choose the shoes in a shop or on line only if they like how they look. I personally have bought much too many shoes I have never worn because of the discomfort. The shoes I keep are a fraction of what I have bought. The one I wear can be kept on the feet all day. Waste of money? Sure not:my feet are still in a good shape after years of heeling and so is the motivation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

ISo, that begs the question of why am I able to wear the shoes I wear and get away with it? 

I agree with @Pierre1961, it's style over fit for too many women.  I certainly buy heels that fit first. I must like the look first to try them on, but if they don't fit I don't buy them.  If they from an online source, I return them.

Their mother's didn't teach them how to wear heels mainly because they themselves do understand fit.

Edited by Cali

Over the years i´ve come to meet and know so many women who wear their heels with pride and determination, who can wear their heels for the whole day and walk miles in them as well as endure endless heels-shootings with a smile. I have thousands of pictures of them, so i don´t understand all the "women don´t know to wear heels properly, only we men do" - comments.

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

I admit to being rather grumpy when I wrote that last post (happens quite often at this age...lol).  I've lived through the late 50's-mid 60's, which was really the start of the stiletto heel days, and that era certainly shaped my tastes in heels.  Then came the late 60's through most of the 70's when heels were mostly low and chunky, and I disliked most of what was being worn then.  Starting in the early 80's, stilettos began to come back, and for me, the mid 80's to early 90's was what I enjoyed most in terms of shoe styles, and the ladies wore heels most of the time, including with jeans/casual wear.  Then we went to the lower Louis heels for a while and again back to lower chunkier heels.  When stilettos came back again, the height of the heels was on average higher than they had ever been, and we also had platforms as the rule.  I still believe that the higher heel heights contributed significantly to what is now substantial resistance to heels by a large portion of the female population.  So now we kind of have the group of women who want to wear 5" heels or nothing, and those that refuse to wear much anything besides sneakers and flat flip flops, and the 5" group is shrinking due to foot issues there.  I know that most here seem to like the 4" and over heels, and some go for the as high as physically possible range, but I'd rather see many ladies in 3-4" heels than one a month in 5" heels.  Oh well, now I'm sounding grumpy again.  The trend will be what the trend will be, and none of us can do much anything to stop it.  And I really doubt that heels for men (and I'm not talking about the 1.5" stuff they are calling "high heels" on men's shoes) will ever be a mainstream thing.  Yeah, there will be some that choose to wear heels, but the average joe is just as locked in to his sneakers as many women are now.  Heels tend to be considered "dressy", and dressy clothes are just not worn very often any more.  Not needed for work or dining out or going to church, so few times when heels are appropriate.  If we look at clothing trends in the last 100 years, it has constantly been toward more and more casual.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Over the years i´ve come to meet and know so many women who wear their heels with pride and determination, who can wear their heels for the whole day and walk miles in them as well as endure endless heels-shootings with a smile. I have thousands of pictures of them, so i don´t understand all the "women don´t know to wear heels properly, only we men do" - comments.

From my perspective, you are comparing apples and oranges. From what I can tell, you and your wife are part of an enthusiast community, so of course you know many women who wear heels enthusiastically and relentlessly. That is an extremely small slice of the general population.

I certainly didn't mean to make this a women vs. men thing. I know plenty of men who bitch about how much their feet hurt, but are not really curious about how to actually fix the problem, other than constantly experimenting with inserts. What I'm talking about is women who say that they wish they could wear high heels more often (or at all), but they don't really mean it. It's just something you say idly. In fact, the next time I hear it, and I hear it more often than you might imagine, I think I'm going to say rather carelessly, "Why do you wish you could wear heels? What difference does it make?" I think that should make for a rather more interesting conversation.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I certainly didn't mean to make this a women vs. men thing. I know plenty of men who bitch about how much their feet hurt, but are not really curious about how to actually fix the problem, other than constantly experimenting with inserts. What I'm talking about is women who say that they wish they could wear high heels more often (or at all), but they don't really mean it. It's just something you say idly. In fact, the next time I hear it, and I hear it more often than you might imagine, I think I'm going to say rather carelessly, "Why do you wish you could wear heels? What difference does it make?" I think that should make for a rather more interesting conversation.

I think you nailed it when you say they don't really mean it.  I've heard men and women use this kind of statement for wearing all sorts of things.  I wear cowboy boots literally all the time, and a very common comment I get is "I wish I can be comfortable wearing cowboy boots".  It applies not just to footwear.  People have also told me "I wish I can be comfortable wearing a suit".  They are not literally expressing their personal wish, but rather paying you a compliment through a kind of self degradation.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

From my perspective, you are comparing apples and oranges. From what I can tell, you and your wife are part of an enthusiast community, so of course you know many women who wear heels enthusiastically and relentlessly. That is an extremely small slice of the general population.

I know what You mean (at least i guess), but of course You Yourself are part of an even smaller enthusiast community. If i go to the banking/business - district in Frankfurt during lunchtime i´ll see more than enough women in heels every day, but a man in heels? Probably 2 times a year with the exception of CSD.

Another point to be considered is the different bonestructure of men and women. That is the culprit that an average Joe can run faster than an average Jane. It is also easier for men to wear heels than woman due to more pronation in the female bonestructure. Of course there are exceptions like Pantera and Gina. Women are also more prone to problems like Hallux Valgus.

• Like 1

As far as women saying they wish they could wear heels, it's probably a bit like people who say they wish they could find time to write that novel. If they really wanted to, they'd find the time.

And yes, people who are in small select communities can easily have a stilted view of the larger world. For example, it is rare to see somebody who is seven feet tall, but if you're an NBA coach you see them all the time. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Isolathor said:

If i go to the banking/business - district in Frankfurt during lunchtime i´ll see more than enough women in heels every day

Nice to know that some parts of the world have at least some level of taste and formality.  Go to downtown Chicago at lunchtime and you'd be lucky to see a handful of heels these days.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, Puffer said:

I shall be out for a short shopping trip later this morning, walking (but not I hope mincing) in my ASOS Recite boots with 3.9" block heels.   Not quite getting into East Sussex however.

Been eyeing these.... what color to you get?

On 5/13/2021 at 4:03 AM, Isolathor said:

I know what You mean (at least i guess), but of course You Yourself are part of an even smaller enthusiast community. If i go to the banking/business - district in Frankfurt during lunchtime i´ll see more than enough women in heels every day, but a man in heels? Probably 2 times a year with the exception of CSD.

Another point to be considered is the different bonestructure of men and women. That is the culprit that an average Joe can run faster than an average Jane. It is also easier for men to wear heels than woman due to more pronation in the female bonestructure. Of course there are exceptions like Pantera and Gina. Women are also more prone to problems like Hallux Valgus.

I had to have a good laugh at that line. Yeah, it's much smaller. It's a community of one, which kind of turns the word "community" right on its ear, doesn't it? Haha! Oh, I know, I know. I've got you guys here online, and that's ok. In much the same way that I am loathe to ride my motorbike with 40 other people on a Sunday afternoon, and taking a yoga "class" is an anathema to me, I'm quite all right on my own, thank you.

As to the second bolded portion, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "pronation in the female bone structure." If it means what I think it means, isn't this pronation a fundamental part of why you can tell the difference between a woman's walk and a man's walk at a distance?

23 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I had to have a good laugh at that line. Yeah, it's much smaller. It's a community of one, which kind of turns the word "community" right on its ear, doesn't it? Haha! Oh, I know, I know. I've got you guys here online, and that's ok. In much the same way that I am loathe to ride my motorbike with 40 other people on a Sunday afternoon, and taking a yoga "class" is an anathema to me, I'm quite all right on my own, thank you.

As to the second bolded portion, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "pronation in the female bone structure." If it means what I think it means, isn't this pronation a fundamental part of why you can tell the difference between a woman's walk and a man's walk at a distance?

I guess You are on the right track. May i give an example: my wife, she can walk perfectly on heels with her left leg/foot, but has a slight pronation with her right side in heels, it even shows when she is standing in heels.

An example:

j571121.thumb.jpg.257c906be96bc3df3b87582e0158c778.jpg

On 5/13/2021 at 8:46 PM, jeremy1986 said:

Been eyeing these.... what color to you get?

My Recite boots are the black suedette, size UK13 (which is more like a UK12), standard width.   Those are the only version of Recite that has been made in sizes larger than UK10.   I find them comfortable and stable.   Most of the Recite boots are now out of stock, but still listed are the black in wide fit in UK7, 8 or 9 (discounted to £15.00) and the tan suede in UK8 or 9 in standard or wide fit (discounted to £13.00).

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 1:04 AM, Puffer said:

My Recite boots are the black suedette, size UK13 (which is more like a UK12), standard width.   Those are the only version of Recite that has been made in sizes larger than UK10.   I find them comfortable and stable.   Most of the Recite boots are now out of stock, but still listed are the black in wide fit in UK7, 8 or 9 (discounted to £15.00) and the tan suede in UK8 or 9 in standard or wide fit (discounted to £13.00).

Their new sizes, are great, right??

I can get away with a size 8 and maybe 9 if needed. Those prices Are hard to say no to... 

8 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Their new sizes, are great, right??

I can get away with a size 8 and maybe 9 if needed. Those prices Are hard to say no to... 

Indeed.  I just hope that ASOS continues to produce stylish footwear in the larger sizes (UK10 - 13).   The fact that the relevant footwear is now mostly sold out and customer reviews have been positive is encouraging - but there is little evidence of anything new right now.   Maybe we must wait for another 'boot' season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Indeed.  I just hope that ASOS continues to produce stylish footwear in the larger sizes (UK10 - 13).   The fact that the relevant footwear is now mostly sold out and customer reviews have been positive is encouraging - but there is little evidence of anything new right now.   Maybe we must wait for another 'boot' season?

I bought the recite in Tan size 9 (i just forgot the name!)  - they have mixed reviews. But i'm very happy. They feel super comfy, good solid feel and a great height. Still available in 8 or 9 (wide fit even - see https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-wide-fit-recite-heeled-ankle-boots-in-tan/prd/20828677?ctaRef=my orders   - see if you can see my review there ;-) ).  Am considering buying the black too, also available in 8 or 9 i think. and on special! 

But yes - hopefully boot season will come soon...!

4 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I looked on the Asos site the other day and didn’t see anything at all with heels for men, and none of the women’s ankle boots in any larger sizes whatsoever

These are the mens booted heels right now (i didnt filter for size...) . Not much to look at.... but it's progress ;-) 

https://www.asos.com/men/shoes-boots-trainers/boots/cat/?cid=5774&currentpricerange=10-230&nlid=mw|shoes|shop by product|boots&refine=attribute_1046:8642 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

I bought the recite in Tan size 9 (i just forgot the name!)  - they have mixed reviews. But i'm very happy. They feel super comfy, good solid feel and a great height. Still available in 8 or 9 (wide fit even - see https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-wide-fit-recite-heeled-ankle-boots-in-tan/prd/20828677?ctaRef=my orders   - see if you can see my review there ;-) ).  Am considering buying the black too, also available in 8 or 9 i think. and on special! 

But yes - hopefully boot season will come soon...!

These are the mens booted heels right now (i didnt filter for size...) . Not much to look at.... but it's progress ;-) 

https://www.asos.com/men/shoes-boots-trainers/boots/cat/?cid=5774&currentpricerange=10-230&nlid=mw|shoes|shop by product|boots&refine=attribute_1046:8642 

Now I know you have the Recite boots, I'm guessing yours is the 'Fab boots' review.   I have worn my black ones in public (discretely, under bootcut jeans) on a number of occasions and am happy in them.   I'm sure they have been spotted but I'm still here! 

As you say, the other ASOS heeled boots currently on offer in the men's section are not very exciting.   But those not needing the biggest sizes can still find a few to consider apart from the Recite model - these for instance: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-retreat-heeled-ankle-boots-in-black/prd/20831777?ctaref=we+recommend+carousel_2&featureref1=we+recommend+pers

20831777-1-black?$n_240w$&wid=168&fit=constrain

• Like 1

Another Sunday. Nothing too exciting to report, other than a couple of weeks ago I realized that I no longer have any "practical" dress shoes. They are all like the ones pictured or worse! I need to prepare for some of those days when I am feeling less than coordinated, or just flat worn out. I did buy some sub-4 inch pumps a little while ago, but they turned out to be too small. I can't hardly bring myself to buy short heels, but I really ought to, just in case.

BurgandySuit2.jpg

BurgandySuit.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Haha, my wife threatened to get me dress shoes last night while we were planning outfits for a 1940s themed party coming up.  Maybe I can convince her that I don’t want to do the urban outfit anymore and go for a classic country western look, wearing cowboy boots...

41 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Haha, my wife threatened to get me dress shoes last night while we were planning outfits for a 1940s themed party coming up.  Maybe I can convince her that I don’t want to do the urban outfit anymore and go for a classic country western look, wearing cowboy boots...

Have her get you 40's style pin up heels. Chunkier heels, round toes and way higher than people think heels, 4 plus inches. They were dress shoes after all.

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Another Sunday. Nothing too exciting to report, other than a couple of weeks ago I realized that I no longer have any "practical" dress shoes. They are all like the ones pictured or worse! I need to prepare for some of those days when I am feeling less than coordinated, or just flat worn out. I did buy some sub-4 inch pumps a little while ago, but they turned out to be too small. I can't hardly bring myself to buy short heels, but I really ought to, just in case.

BurgandySuit2.jpg

BurgandySuit.jpg

Those loafer heels are very classy.

• Like 1