The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant

mlroseplant

4 hours ago, SF said:

I have worn heels, and gals flat to church many times.  Even gals sandals with painted toenails.  Other than a few compliments, no one has ever said a word.  Nice.....   sf  

I'm the same as you SF.  I wear heels and flats to my church on Sundays. I wear boots too, but have never worn sandals showing off my colored pedi. I've seen other men wearing women's shoes and boots too.  I get compliments from both women and men, in church. The Lord God, doesn't care how your dressed when you visit, "His House".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SF said:

Ten Commandments??  There were supposed to have been Fifteen.....   ha ha, sf

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Except in the Readers Digest abridged version of the Bible where they had only eight...:angel:

I understand that, shortly after God devised a whole series of commandments, He offered them to several religious leaders.   Buddha wasn't interested and Mohammed didn't like them either, but Moses expressed an interest and asked how much they would cost.   When God told Moses that the commandments were free-of-charge, Moses promptly responded: 'In that case, I'll take ten!'   :cheeky:

• Like 3

I see this thread has gone all wonky again. As I mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I have come to appreciate that, since it's difficult to artificially create a thread for such things. I try not to take myself too seriously.

16 hours ago, bluejay said:

I'm the same as you SF.  I wear heels and flats to my church on Sundays. I wear boots too, but have never worn sandals showing off my colored pedi. I've seen other men wearing women's shoes and boots too.  I get compliments from both women and men, in church. The Lord God, doesn't care how your dressed when you visit, "His House".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Flats to church? Perish the thought! I'm only joking, of course, but I can't think of the last time I wore flats to church, even on Wednesday night. I'm seriously trying to remember. Anyway, it's been years. I have gotten compliments from women, but only one man, who happened to be the Associate Pastor at the time, who said I looked like a Boss.

I've read it several times, so I know I didn't misread, "I've seen other men wearing women's shoes and boots too." Where have you seen that, and was it due to your influence?

Finally, it's a good thing that the Lord doesn't care how you dress when you come to church, because we're getting more and more casual all the time, much the same as secular society, and I don't know about where you're from, but we Iowans are not naturally pretty people. We could use a little cleaning up every once in a while. However, I like wearing sandals a lot. I actually attended Christmas Eve service, the biggest, most important service of the year, dressed what I consider to be casually, just so I could wear sandals. My excuse to myself was that I would be wearing a choir robe anyway, so who cares? I am not to the point where I feel it would ever be appropriate to wear sandals with a suit and tie. If I were a chick, that might be different, but I'm not.

Yes, Mirose I do wear flats to church when I'm not wearing heels. And yes there are a couple of other men that wear women's shoes and boots, at church.  I've never seen any, in real heels but they both wear skinny jeans tucked inside their flat heel, riding boots and do wear very brightly colored flats, like I do. I have lots of people observe me on Sundays. looking down at me to see what footwear I'm in. Since I belong to a large Catholic Church with over 3,000 families, we have 7 Masses between Saturday afternoon and Sundays. I'm an usher at the early Sunday morning Mass, at 7:30 AM and I'm on display, always. I'm dressed usually in a jacket and tie. I'm always complimented on my flashy appearance. I've had ladies compliment me and ask me to help them shop for their husbands wardrobe, to get some color on them. On Christmas Eve at the Midnight Mass I attended, I wore  black dress pants with a red silky shirt, matching red tie and pocket square with a black leather blazer and my  Funtasma, red patent, knee boots with 3" chunky heels. Of course the boots were under my dress pants but my heels were very visible and I did get compliments as usual , as I do most every Sunday.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 3

On 12/27/2019 at 6:28 AM, mlroseplant said:

I will largely answer your questions with this picture:

To totally mix my metaphors, we have much bigger footballs to fry at the moment than worrying about my heels. It wouldn't surprise me if the United Methodist Church split up within the next few years, much as that pains me to think about. Oh, and to answer very clearly, no, no one in our church has ever even thought about anything in the Pentateuch past about halfway through Exodus, much less complained about my heels.

I've always wondered about all those old Jewish laws, and why we even worry about them, when even Bible literalists don't follow them in any meaningful way. I suppose that at one time, there was a logic to nearly all of them, though some of them may have arisen from mere superstition. The ox and the ass thing, for example, why in the hell would you ever want to do that in the first place? The laws of physics, to say nothing of Jewish Law, would pretty much prevent that from being successful. I can just imagine the priests or the Levites coming out to the farmer, trying to make such a rig work: "Why do want to do it THAT way for, you dumb son of a bitch? That's just stupid!" Then they made a law to protect idiots from themselves. No different than what we're still doing today!

Church priorities and never a mention about your heels.  Good news for your style preference.  

I studied a bit of context of Deuteronomy awhile back.  The whole book is kind of like an instruction manual given to a kid leaving home for the "promised land" of college.  After living for "hundreds of years" under the care of their parents they realistically have little life experience. Thus, the silly laws.

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Church priorities and never a mention about your heels.  Good news for your style preference.  

I studied a bit of context of Deuteronomy awhile back.  The whole book is kind of like an instruction manual given to a kid leaving home for the "promised land" of college.  After living for "hundreds of years" under the care of their parents they realistically have little life experience. Thus, the silly laws.

In the United Methodist Church, and perhaps some other denominations, we have a thing called "Holy Humor Sunday." It is typically the Sunday after Easter, but I think our church celebrates it at another time. I am not entirely sure where this tradition originates, but we have a sort of "silly" church service that Sunday. I have always wanted to try a little standup comedy, and I think I dreamed up that bit I wrote a couple days ago about the Jewish leaders chastising the silly farmer for trying to yoke an ox and a donkey together. If I stole that from somewhere, it was unconscious and unintentional. Several days later, I still think it's one of the funniest things I've ever made up, but unfortunately, like so much of my humor, it's only funny to a select group. I think I can tone down the language to make it work for the intended audience.

I had never thought about Deuteronomy (and probably most of Leviticus, also) in the way that you mentioned. I think there's probably some truth to it. Can I steal that idea as material for my sketch, if indeed it ever comes to fruition?

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I had never thought about Deuteronomy (and probably most of Leviticus, also) in the way that you mentioned. I think there's probably some truth to it. Can I steal that idea as material for my sketch, if indeed it ever comes to fruition?

By all means, steal away!

Stealing is an interesting concept when you distinguish between bits and atoms. If you steal atoms (cars, books, wives etc) you deprive the previous owner of their use. If you steal bits this is done by copying (text, music, ideas etc) the original owner still has them. They may be of reduced value but the original owner can still play the music, read the document on a computer etc.

I'm no bible scholar but I don't think the concept of intellectual property is well covered.

1 hour ago, at9 said:

Stealing is an interesting concept when you distinguish between bits and atoms. If you steal atoms (cars, books, wives etc) you deprive the previous owner of their use. If you steal bits this is done by copying (text, music, ideas etc) the original owner still has them. They may be of reduced value but the original owner can still play the music, read the document on a computer etc.

I'm no bible scholar but I don't think the concept of intellectual property is well covered.

If one continues reading past Deuteronomy chapter 22, it's addressed a few chapters later: "Thou shalt not sample classic rock 'n' roll for your hiphop record. It is an abomination."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

If one continues reading past Deuteronomy chapter 22, it's addressed a few chapters later: "Thou shalt not sample classic rock 'n' roll for your hiphop record. It is an abomination."

I’m so down with that! Yea and verily!

• Haha 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

5 hours ago, at9 said:

Well there is the seventh commandment, thou shalt not steal, and even the tenth commandment.

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

But I love Eminem’s sampling of Aerosmith in Sing for the Moment!  He changes the bass progression in a very cool way. 

• Like 1

There was a discussion on @chesterx's thread, brought about by @RonC, who asked a question about why do I feel that I can't wear silver, strappy, sparkly sandals, when many of the other shoes I wear on a regular basis are equally as outrageous in other ways? I am trying to drag the conversation over here, so as to not talk about myself too much on somebody else's thread. It probably won't work, but out of politeness, I'm going to try. See the last page of chesterx's thread "My Outings.  .  ." for more context.

There are many styles of shoes I now wear that I thought I never would when I started heeling back in 2012. Among them are anything with a stiletto heel, and any open-toed mule. Both of those are now a regular part of my wardrobe. I used to wear extra length pants all the time. I do not anymore. So why not sparkly silver sandals? My coloring would probably look better in gold, but that's beside the point. The answer is, I guess there is no good reason, it's just that I've got some sort of mental hangup about it. Most of my shoes are black or brown, and many of my sandals are tan. There are some notable exceptions, like my red BCBG mules, pictured recently above, my Nine West platform sandals (dusty rose), and my perennial favorite BCBG white beaded mules, which do have shiny gold trim.

At what point does one stop pushing the envelope and just continue to dress the way he does presently? Is wearing silver sparkly sandals "pushing the envelope" in any significant way it hasn't been pushed already? At what point does one start looking ridiculous? Has this line already been crossed (At this point, I don't think so, but others may have different opinions)? Does any of this really matter?

Edited by mlroseplant
Clarity

That’s a very logical evolution 

block to stilettos heels 

black or brown to flashy 

long pants covering the heels to visibles. 

Thats normal. 

Crossdressing starts when you are wearing only female clothes 

So,in my opinion,wearing silver sandals isn’t cross dressing but for sure pushing the envelope much farer than most of us including myself.

Pierre

• Thanks 1

Well said, can't argue with that. 

I have more or less followed the same path, other than block heels to stilettos. Have always been a stiletto guy.

I also think i have stopped my progression. Very high, single sole heels with ankle length jeans when casual or my dressier work attire which is slacks and a collared shirt.

• Like 1

@Pierre1961 Can I ask what about the threshold for crossdressing takes on importance to you?

EDIT: just asking because from my end, the definition of "crossdressing" begins with the invention of an alter ego, symbolized in a female name and actualized in the passing of oneself as the opposite sex.

Edited by kneehighs

No real threshold. Just wishing to look like as a female 

It mainly depends on what is our mind. For some of us heels are a fetish,or just a style,or crossdressing  

What about men wearing women underpants,bras and others, but hidden?

Unavowed  crossdressing ?

My personal opinion : no rule . Again mainly stereotypes 

• Like 1

I started to wear women's shoes on a consistent basis back in 2011. (I had a 2" shoettie I wore from late 70's to the 90's when it fell apart.)  

It was after a third ankle reconstruction that I was looking for shoes that fit my very high arch and narrow heel foot.  All my Google searches ended up showing women's shoes. So I went to DSW and purchased a women's running shoe. The fit was better than expected - I got a better running shoe the next week.  Have not purchased a "men's" shoe since. I had always wanted booties, yes I was envious, so I went to Macy's and found some Booties with a 1.5" heel.  Then some booties with a 2 - 2.5 inch heels and some slouch boots. After over half a century I finally had shoes that fit!  I happy and satisfied with these. (I also had VS stilettos and stiletto wedges.)

Then in 2014 I had a medical need to raise a heel four inches for 6 months and so had to raise both heels four inches.  Since I already knew women's shoes fit, I opt for high heels over two plastic medical boots. After 4 months my friends notice that I was not in as much hip pain. After 11 years of constant pain it was gone! When I went back to shorter heels the pain returned within weeks.  Back to heels and the pain level started to reduced...hence I wear high heels until I can't.

I can say I went wild at first and have several heels that I no longer wear (see the "For Sale" Thread). I have learned more about my very rare type of feet, what type of shoes really fit my feet and what type has no chance (i.e. pumps). 

There are styles and colors that I would have never thought of wearing back in 2014 that I now have, see my Jessica Simpson Rachies in Shiraz Red. Since I have been wearing heels for over 5 years, I am much more confident to show them.  I use to try and hide them under long pants, except I wear shorts in the summer.  I know my taste will change over time as styles come and go.  I know I will always be buying new shoes because I wear them out.

What is crossdressing depends on who you ask. On one end of the scale the strict ones: wearing of any item by the opposite gender is crossdressing. By this definition most women crossdress at some time and any male here that wears women's shoes is cross dressing. On the other end of the scale there are those that say you must go the whole way, for men that would mean hair, makeup, breast, voice, ...

I blend clothing from all sides of the store, but display a masculine look.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

Personally I don't even think about it anymore. I never cared to put in the effort some cross dressers do, what with the wigs, makeup, padding, etc. I just love the look of feminine shoes. It got to the point I wanted to wear them in public. I took the plunge. I have started to wear other feminine attire, such as tops, but I'm doing so simply because I like how they look. I have no intentions of trying to pass as a woman. I may even try a skirt. Labels don't bother me as much when it comes to finally doing the things I've always wanted to do. The results have been very pleasant so far...

• Like 6

Here's an example of a pair of heels I might not have even tried last year and certainly not a color I would have worn two or three years ago. And never would have worn socks like these. So NEVER say NEVER, never! The "envelope" is always changing

Wore these today and eight women liked the heels and color. Had to laugh when two women almost walked into each other while staring at them; we where all going to the entrance of a store.  One women also loved the socks as well.

colorWsocksH.JPG

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

An interesting chain of conversation that I find intriguing. Everyone here knows I wear women’s clothes top to bottom, openly and proudly as I evolved from a heeler to a fashion freestyler. Does that make me a crossdresser? Maybe, I’d say that depends on one’s own perspective, I don’t wear wigs, padded bras or makeup, and despite my infrequent dalliance with lipstick, I have no interest whatsoever in looking like a woman, all I care about are the clothes and shoes, and that’s more than enough for me.

As for the question of wearing sparkly, silver sandals, I’m of the opinion that shoes in colors like silver of gold should be saved for parties or similar social functions, not for more casual outings.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I don't really get into the definition of crossdressing.  One or two items or a whole look?  I guess I don't need to hear a label.  From my standpoint, the only reason I would ever want to go in a full crossdressed, try to look like a woman, mode would be so I could totally blend in when shopping for heels.  Feeling like I could try anything, anywhere, without the feeling of being odd and being watched and made fun of.  I know I should just go ahead and do whatever as some of us here do, but I am uncomfortable with that if there are others around.  I will try on in stores, but only if I can do so discreetly.  Not so much worry about employees but others shopping.  I know that's my problem, but I don't see that changing.  So I don't really think of myself as a "crossdresser" as I have no real desire for the whole "look", but I do enjoy heels and hose.  I am getting a bit more willing to wear heeled shoes in public, but still cover my heels with long pants in most instances.  Hard to teach this old dog new tricks!

• Like 2

Hiding the heels is what I did for a long period. Now I realize that visible shoes draw less attention. But with block heels and all other clothes totally masculine. I wish i had the courage to wear stilettos boots  but didn’t take that decision yet 

@RonC I am also n old dog. Sometimes I wonder if wearing heels matches with an old face,despite of a slim body. 

So far I keep going. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 7:35 AM, JeffB said:

An interesting chain of conversation that I find intriguing. Everyone here knows I wear women’s clothes top to bottom, openly and proudly as I evolved from a heeler to a fashion freestyler. Does that make me a crossdresser? Maybe, I’d say that depends on one’s own perspective, I don’t wear wigs, padded bras or makeup, and despite my infrequent dalliance with lipstick, I have no interest whatsoever in looking like a woman, all I care about are the clothes and shoes, and that’s more than enough for me.

As for the question of wearing sparkly, silver sandals, I’m of the opinion that shoes in colors like silver of gold should be saved for parties or similar social functions, not for more casual outings.

I'm not really fussed about anybody's definition of crossdressing. In fact, the thought never even entered my mind until Pierre brought it up, almost as a afterthought, really. I don't know what your thought processes are when you're deciding what barriers you're going to crash through next, but my thoughts basically go something like this: "I like to see women wearing x. I find x attractive. Why wouldn't I want to emulate the look for myself?" X, of course, stands in for whatever, be it high heels, bright colors, long nails, dangly earrings, etc.

I must respectfully disagree with you about the sparkly sandals. I guess it depends upon the exact outfit, but I for one like to see shiny gold and silver shoes in a more casual situation. They are also great for parties, too! I'm just not too sure about wearing them myself. And there's the other side of the coin. "I like to see women wearing x. I find x attractive. I would like to wear x, but I'd look completely ridiculous if I did so." Years ago, I tried on some of my ex-wife's high heels when she wasn't around (we wore basically the same size). I still remember looking in the mirror, wearing those heels, and thinking, "You look *%^&ing awful! You'd make an absolutely terrible looking woman." And I probably did look awful. It's taken me a number of years to even learn how to stand in heels without looking like a dork, much less walk in them. Not to mention the fact that, well, who knows what else I had on with those heels? Probably some dirty, baggy jeans and a ratty t-shirt.

So anyhow, those are the two sides of my feminine dressing consciousness.

3 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Hiding the heels is what I did for a long period. Now I realize that visible shoes draw less attention. But with block heels and all other clothes totally masculine. I wish i had the courage to wear stilettos boots  but didn’t take that decision yet 

@RonC I am also n old dog. Sometimes I wonder if wearing heels matches with an old face,despite of a slim body. 

So far I keep going. 

I believe I have expressed a concern about certain items of my wardrobe being for kids. Well, I think of them as kids, but I mean young people. For example, when do I have to give up the tiny shorts? I guess as long as my legs don't look all gnarled up like a prune, I'll keep wearing them. I don't think heels have an age limit, but they probably do have a physical limit. I have known too many people this year who have broken hips, and that time of my life when I might have to worry about such things is really not all that far away, in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RonC said:

From my standpoint, the only reason I would ever want to go in a full crossdressed, try to look like a woman, mode would be so I could totally blend in when shopping for heels.  Feeling like I could try anything, anywhere, without the feeling of being odd and being watched and made fun of.  I know I should just go ahead and do whatever as some of us here do, but I am uncomfortable with that if there are others around.  I will try on in stores, but only if I can do so discreetly.  Not so much worry about employees but others shopping.  I know that's my problem, but I don't see that changing. 

I don’t think cross dressing will change this much, in fact it might draw more attention.  Women can shop in men’s shoe sections all the time too.  They are just shoes, not lingerie or anything like that.  You might attract some attention, but it’s not really justified.  Why let these thoughts from total strangers crimp your style?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

So far I keep going. 

Yes, I think about the age thing often.  You rarely see a woman in her late 60's wearing heels.  Maybe a low heel or a chunky heel boot, but not stilettos.  So I do have an issue at times with thinking about "age appropriate" footwear.

2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I don’t think cross dressing will change this much, in fact it might draw more attention.  Women can shop in men’s shoe sections all the time too.  They are just shoes, not lingerie or anything like that.  You might attract some attention, but it’s not really justified.  Why let these thoughts from total strangers crimp your style?

I know what you are saying - hey look, a man in drag!  What I was trying to intimate was that it would be fun to be able to actually blend in, to pass as a woman, so there would be no question.  That could never happen for this ugly old dog, but it sure would be fun.  But then I'd also want to shrink my feet to at least a womans size 10 so I could find my size in just about any shoe I wanted!  Good luck with that, but hey, as long as I'm dreaming......

• Like 1

I made a reply to this conversation some 15 hours ago, but for whatever reason, it was censored, subject to the approval of a moderator. I have my suspicions about why, perhaps I used a certain word too many times in one post, but you guys know me, the reply contained nothing even approaching inappropriate. I shall wait this out to see what happens.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cali said:

I'm in my mid 60's and wear stilettos block heels, wedges, etc. all the time and plan to into my late 90's if not longer.

And you will be doing something women of that age won't be doing!   Lol