The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant

mlroseplant

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I saw some amazingly fashion conscious commuters aboard scooters in Vietnam.

Quite right, and you can use that to your advantage if you need to get somewhere in a hurry. What you do is you find a woman who is smartly dressed and rides fast. Stick to her like glue, and you will arrive at your destination significantly faster. Don't follow a boy, that will get you killed. Follow a girl, she won't take ridiculous, unnecessary risks. And she doesn't want to mess up her outfit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

Quite right, and you can use that to your advantage if you need to get somewhere in a hurry. What you do is you find a woman who is smartly dressed and rides fast. Stick to her like glue, and you will arrive at your destination significantly faster. Don't follow a boy, that will get you killed. Follow a girl, she won't take ridiculous, unnecessary risks. And she doesn't want to mess up her outfit.

I love it! Realpolitik!

9 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

plng74,

You said you like driving around on the ranch?  I didn't see that one coming! How many acres? Any structures, fences?? If it doesn't have fences in Texas it ain't no ranch or so I understand :fine:. HinH

400+ acres.  We live on the ranch.  It has enough fencing to rotate the cattle around and keep the deer out of the orchard.  

• Like 2

Holy smokes you got me beat! I have 255 acres of ancestral land at my Dad's family farm in Quebec, 40 acres in far northern Wisconsin, two acres with our house and one acre near Flagstaff, AZ. That's cool stuff! I'm curious which kind of cattle you have. HinH

6 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Holy smokes you got me beat! I have 255 acres of ancestral land at my Dad's family farm in Quebec, 40 acres in far northern Wisconsin, two acres with our house and one acre near Flagstaff, AZ. That's cool stuff! I'm curious which kind of cattle you have. HinH

Well you know how the land can be around here - dry and rocky - so we can only do a fraction of what you all can yield up north on your farms.  It’s a family ranch and I enjoy living out in the wide open spaces.  We have a Jersey due to calve in a couple months, a heifer, and 2 bull calves.  Most of the ranch is leased out to run angus.

• Like 1

Some of the newer members won't remember, but many of you do remember Thighbootguy. I heard from him yesterday, and he told me to tell everyone "hi." He's doing well, still playing a lot of gigs with his guitar, has taken up the cello, and is still of course wearing thigh boots pretty much all the time.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Some of the newer members won't remember, but many of you do remember Thighbootguy. I heard from him yesterday, and he told me to tell everyone "hi." He's doing well, still playing a lot of gigs with his guitar, has taken up the cello, and is still of course wearing thigh boots pretty much all the time.

Thanks so much for sharing!  Love TBG.  He used to post videos playing his guitar, used to talk about his trips to the museums where he would sketch while wearing TB’s...even had a thread that lasted well over a decade.  

TBG is/was an OG worthy of honor for his many years of loyal  contribution here.

39 minutes ago, Bubba136 said:

I miss his comments.  Perhaps tech might think of reinstating or allowing him to joking us again ?

I miss him too!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I too enjoyed his material. Replacing someone with over 10000 posts and 250000 views is a tall order indeed but that's the sizeable contribution he had. I had intended to get an email from him and then he just wasn't here anymore. HinH

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Good to hear he's doing okay. TBG introduced me to the joy of thigh boots and earrings, the latter now a permanent part of my look as a fashion freestyler.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

16 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Perhaps tech might think of reinstating or allowing him to joking us again ?

What exactly are you talking about?

Please show me where it says or states that he is banned or not allowed to take part?

Just over 2 years ago he got a slap on the wrist for posting innappropriate images and still has not bothered to acknowledge that.

Its on him, nothing I can do. Nobody banned him.. I wish people would check their facts before reaching for the keyboard...

Oh and I only saw this because rather than post speculation about me, somebody actually was decent enough to message me directly.

Why do people always go for the negative first? You could have said "I might drop Tech a message, see if he has heard from him or find out whats up"

12 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

someone with over 10000 posts

Where are these 10,000 posts? He has 4179 content items... That includes PMs, pictures, comments on pictures, the lot...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Typo:  Joking=Joining.  

My impression is that he was banned for posting comments and pictures oriented more toward crossdressing than wearing heels.  In fact, I believe it was he that mentioned that he had been banned because of his shifting more towards wearing women’s clothing and posted that he was leaving the website.  Chill tech! No one is criticizing you.  Perhaps you are the only one that is aware of what the actual facts of this situation really are.  My thought was that after such a long time you might consider reinstating him after reiterating posting guidelines and his agreeing to remaining within the guidelines.  He was a well known and active member for a number of years.  

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Joking / Joining........   Gotta love that auto spell check.....  Gets me all the thyme.......   sf 

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 8/30/2019 at 2:10 AM, HappyinHeels said:

I too enjoyed his material. Replacing someone with over 10000 posts and 250000 views is a tall order indeed but that's the sizeable contribution he had. I had intended to get an email from him and then he just wasn't here anymore. HinH

On 8/30/2019 at 4:36 AM, JeffB said:

Good to hear he's doing okay. TBG introduced me to the joy of thigh boots and earrings, the latter now a permanent part of my look as a fashion freestyler.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:49 PM, Tech said:

What exactly are you talking about?

Please show me where it says or states that he is banned or not allowed to take part?

Just over 2 years ago he got a slap on the wrist for posting innappropriate images and still has not bothered to acknowledge that.

Its on him, nothing I can do. Nobody banned him.. I wish people would check their facts before reaching for the keyboard...

Oh and I only saw this because rather than post speculation about me, somebody actually was decent enough to message me directly.

Why do people always go for the negative first? You could have said "I might drop Tech a message, see if he has heard from him or find out whats up"

Where are these 10,000 posts? He has 4179 content items... That includes PMs, pictures, comments on pictures, the lot...

On 8/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, Bubba136 said:

Typo:  Joking=Joining.  

My impression is that he was banned for posting comments and pictures oriented more toward crossdressing than wearing heels.  In fact, I believe it was he that mentioned that he had been banned because of his shifting more towards wearing women’s clothing and posted that he was leaving the website.  Chill tech! No one is criticizing you.  Perhaps you are the only one that is aware of what the actual facts of this situation really are.  My thought was that after such a long time you might consider reinstating him after reiterating posting guidelines and his agreeing to remaining within the guidelines.  He was a well known and active member for a number of years.  

Guys, it's really none of my business, but just to set the record straight, he ain't banned. He quit posting voluntarily. I also know for a fact that he holds no ill will toward anybody here.

Sometimes too much information isn’t enough.  Sometimes too information is more than we really want to know.  Whatever the situation or what the source, impressions are formed, be them factual or erroneous.  One really doesn’t know until someone comes along and sorts things out.  In the final analysis, in this case, it really doesn’t matter.  All I know is that I enjoyed reading his comments and his participating in this forum.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

15 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Guys, it's really none of my business, but just to set the record straight, he ain't banned. He quit posting voluntarily. I also know for a fact that he holds no ill will toward anybody here.

We should invite TBG back!

• Like 1

My shoe buddy just bought a new house this summer. I went to the housewarming party recently. The guests were all Vietnamese, with the exception of me, and most of the ladies were dressed up, as is the custom for such occasions. This meant a lot of heels, some of which were impressive. It is usual for people to remove shoes before entering a Vietnamese house, same as it is for many other parts of the world. However, on this occasion, there was one woman, who is a familiar acquaintance of mine, who did not remove her shoes because she was carrying a large tray of food as she entered the house. This woman, in her mid-30s, spares no opportunity to dress up, and always wears very high heels when she dresses up. As in nothing lower than 4 inches that I have ever seen, and usually higher. The problem is that somehow, she has never learned how to walk in them properly.

As she made her way through the house wearing fabulous burgundy pumps with probably 4 1/2 inch heels, she fell down when descending a few stairs to another level of the house. I was right behind her when this happened, wearing my usual summer uniform of a nicer t-shirt and shorts, with heels of course. I also failed to remove my shoes, because I was also carrying a large tray of food. Once it was determined that she was ok, all eyes turned upon me, in my high heels, poised to descend the same set of stairs that she had just fallen on. I smiled and said, "Don't worry--this ain't no hobby!" Few probably understood the comment, and maybe that's a good thing!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

All,

I was curious about this issue so I messaged Tech about it. TBG was never banned from this site. He voluntarily chose to leave. I may have confused his post total of 10000 with someone else but he did have an unbelievable number of views as well. He can (and should) come back if only someone will email him to do so. So let's not opine or speculate anymore about it as I have received a sufficient explanation. HinH

• Like 3

On 9/3/2019 at 9:41 PM, HappyinHeels said:

All,

I was curious about this issue so I messaged Tech about it. TBG was never banned from this site. He voluntarily chose to leave. I may have confused his post total of 10000 with someone else but he did have an unbelievable number of views as well. He can (and should) come back if only someone will email him to do so. So let's not opine or speculate anymore about it as I have received a sufficient explanation. HinH

Well ANYWAY.  .  . he says "hi" to everybody.

• Like 1

No, posting his email in the open would NOT be cool. Keeping people's stuff private, for example of members you have met, is important. If a member hasn't written about their specific town or city then one shouldn't publicise it. Email addresses or phone numbers or specific geographic information received via pm should be safeguarded. TBG can email those he's most interested in communicating with and vice-versa. HinH

• Like 1

You people need to drop this. Tbg got out on his own. Let it go already, tech did not ban him and he decided to move on. Please let's just get back our own thoughts and deeds. 

Almost like a bunch of school girls who can't get past someone didn't want to play with them anymore.

Moving right along here.  .  . I was called to the nail salon two nights ago to solve a technical difficulty. It has been a very long time since I have been called there to fix something, but of course I dropped everything and went straight there, having NO idea what the hell they wanted, as they aren't really good at explaining things in English over the phone. It turns out that they are finishing up a remodel of the shop, which the franchise forces them to do every so often, and the last step is freshening up the pedicure/spa chairs. When I got to the salon, which is located within a Walmart, there were big cardboard boxes piled in front of the entrance, and a salon full of customers. The owner asked me to wait just a few minutes.

I sat down at one of the manicure tables which was unoccupied, on the manicurist's side, not the customer's side, opposite three ladies who were all getting pedicures. After a few minutes, the owner got up briefly from her manicure table, where she was working on another customer, and went to fetch her phone, pulled up a video, and asked me to watch it. The video was in Vietnamese with English subtitles. It was at that moment two things happened: I finally figured out what they needed help with, and the lady across from me figured out that I wasn't a customer. I guess I can understand the confusion when I waltzed in there in my shorts and high Michael Kors wedges (non-mules, by the way). I didn't really look like I was there to fix something, but I figured that whatever it was, I would have to go back home and get something anyway, so I could change clothes if necessary. Once it was clear to all that I was there to fix something and not there to get a pedicure, the lady across from me said, "Oh, I'd trade you legs in a heartbeat!" I laughed sheepishly, and said I would be right back with the necessary tools to do the job at hand. When I returned, the errant pedicure chair had been emptied of its occupant, and I proceeded to disassemble the chair and not fix it. The part they sent was not the source of the problem, which was rather disappointing. However, I did get a compliment out of the deal.