Cannes Film Festival - High Heels Only

Womer_uk

Just seen this about some women being refused attmittance for wearing rhinestone flats.

Story here

www.theguardian.com/film/2015/may/19/cannes-backlash-high-heels-emily-blunt-flat-shoes

Yup they are going be hit with some backlash, today I saw a headline with "Amputee is turned away for not wearing heels" that downright is out of line. I can appreciate the direction they are going but geez give woman a break..

As much as I disagree with the ban (if it is such) I can understand the festival trying to maintain a level of sophistication and elegance with regards to the red carpet.

Consider all or discussions regarding how little people dress up these days, and how often we don't see anyone in heels unless it is something formal.

Just a thought - -

Unless you're physically unable due to a handicap what utter chore and burden it must be to put on a pair of heels to walk a short distance on the red carpet to your seat. Woo to those poor poor women! Its not like men are dubjected to similar rules, like wearing a suit and tie. Which causes a similar public outcry and...... Oh wait, nobody gives a shit in that case. In which case go cry me a river.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Heelster!

As much as I disagree with the ban (if it is such) I can understand the festival trying to maintain a level of sophistication and elegance with regards to the red carpet.

Consider all or discussions regarding how little people dress up these days, and how often we don't see anyone in heels unless it is something formal.

Just a thought - -

Very good point about how many folks just do not want to dress up these days, that is a point of view and did not think about it that way. Good thinking!

Unless you're physically unable due to a handicap what utter chore and burden it must be to put on a pair of heels to walk a short distance on the red carpet to your seat. Woo to those poor poor women! Its not like men are subjected to similar rules, like wearing a suit and tie. Which causes a similar public outcry and...... Oh wait, nobody gives a shit in that case. In which case go cry me a river.

Yes indeed Chorlini you are right, but but I want to wear the heels nice pant suit not suit and tie.....catch 22...hey!