Eddie Izzard In Uk Elections

SkirtDude

Eddie Izzard has been looking very smart in his heels, almost jealous of how he can walk on something that high :wink:

Love the pink top he has on in the last picture ♡♡♡ He has had a lot of support, and most comments have been very positive. He's been touring the country in various pencil skirt and suit ensembles.

Just get out there in your heels !:)

post-15255-0-04711700-1430967137_thumb.j

post-15255-0-71601100-1430967182_thumb.j

post-15255-0-78501900-1430967252_thumb.j

post-15255-0-73296300-1430967353_thumb.j

I haven't really kept up on Eddie's activities or his life's ambitions, but as I see the posting here, he has become quite the man to look up to in many respects. However, isn't he wearing the same black skirt suit in all four pictures? As far as the stiletto pumps being high - well I guess some people would see them that way, but to me the heels seem to be 3.5 inches which is lower than the usual 4 inch heels normally worn.

He could do with some style advice from JeffB perhaps :) It seems to be one of two black pencil skirts, one with a rear slit that is part of a suit, though it's clear the bodycon is his favourite :wink: usually light denier black tights, sometimes nude ones, and either black stilettos or suede knee high boots. Though with that silly scarf about his neck, he looks like an air hostess who's a long way from the airport :nono:

Quite positive comments about his dress (or should I say skirts) from the general public, it was the only colourful thing in Labour Party's campaign, though it didn't help them into government... He was in the same or similar skirt most of April for touring the country. No one really batted an eyelid, as JeffB says, if you dress well you just blend in. I think the key is just getting out there in your heels (and skirt if you wish) :wink:

Not sure if it was just to get more publicity ahead of his own comedy tour. He's back in his skirted phase which is nice :)

The last pic is of a suit I just ordered online as I thought I would treat myself to something nice :)

post-15255-0-30833900-1431110855_thumb.j

post-15255-0-94603400-1431110918_thumb.j

post-15255-0-00229000-1431111274_thumb.j

I completely love this. Thanks for showing this! I'm very interested in learning more about Mr. Izzard. I'm in America so I'm not sure of the whole story. Is he a well known politician? I'll do some searching.

My goodness, no. He is a well known comedian, celebrity, and latterly, political figure if not politician.

(Sorry, I don't post much, but JeffB will know me from Skirtcafe).

If you want some amusement, search YouTube for Death Star Canteen

Ray

He is contemplating London Mayor in 2020. Izzard is quite a flamboyant character. I would have mixed it up with different coloured suits or pencil skirts / dresses, but perhaps he didn't want to overshadow the (dull) candidates :)

Izzard for mayor bring it on it would be a great change from crazy Boris.

Would have been fun to have known where he was standing and go along to support.

As for the "formal look" I feel it would "sell" far better than over the top flambouance or to confuse voters.

Nicola Sturgeon kept her colours strong, I'm sure Eddie didn't want to impose.

Al

Boris has returned to Parliament, but for the meantime, Eddie is wrapped up in his tour promotion in Europe, but we'll see what other outfits he comes up with. Last time he went back into male mode and was in regular guys clothing for a few years. He might forget politics for now. Interestingly there was a law passed that gave boys the option of skirts for uniform in school, and more teaching of LGBT issues as part of normal education. I assume boys will have to wear flats and sensible shoes with their skirts, but no heels :wink:

Eddie certainly introduced fashion freestyling to a very reserved UK public, but surprisingly no backlash for his fashion choices :)

Eddie certainly introduced fashion freestyling to a very reserved UK public, but surprisingly no backlash for his fashion choices :)

Well, celebrities are always awarded more leeway then us mere mortals.

Boris has returned to Parliament, but for the meantime, Eddie is wrapped up in his tour promotion in Europe, but we'll see what other outfits he comes up with. Last time he went back into male mode and was in regular guys clothing for a few years. He might forget politics for now. Interestingly there was a law passed that gave boys the option of skirts for uniform in school, and more teaching of LGBT issues as part of normal education. I assume boys will have to wear flats and sensible shoes with their skirts, but no heels :wink: Eddie certainly introduced fashion freestyling to a very reserved UK public, but surprisingly no backlash for his fashion choices :)
Check out Twitter. People are making fun of him there.

Check out Twitter. People are making fun of him there.

Yeah, but that's what you get when you give people a cloak to hide behind. Haters gonna hate, as they say, and they're way more likely to do it when you can't see their faces. 

I went out wearing a long skirt and heels a while back. In person I got minimal comments, just a few double takes and a couple of young kids pointed and stared. Found out later that my description made it onto Yik Yak (anonymous geo-located social network, for those who didn't know) where the derogatory remarks came in full force.  

I saw Eddie Izzard in Oklahoma City a year or so ago. Fantastic show. Wish I'd been able to make it to Kansas City the day before because the Westboro Baptist Church were out in full hate-fest protesting the theater. Would have loved to walk past them in a mini dress and heels with a mile of leg showing... :-)

The Westboro Baptist Church leaders and some of the parishioners should be on the NSA's terrorist listing. In the United States, we are suppose to be able to follow any beliefs we have as long as it doesn't infringe upon another's legal rights to not being persecuted, ridiculed, nor liably assaulted - hence, mainly to be left alone and unharmed. These type of people do more to establish the claims to the idea mankind came from apes than evolutionists have ever been able to prove.

To all of us that have been waiting for male celebrities to pioneer the wearing of high heels, Eddie has definitely qualified as one of the celebs in terminating that reasoning.  

I don't think Eddie will be remotely concerned about what twitterers are saying.

He has an immense intellect and would happily engage anyone in debate.

I can't say I like his politics nor his style but I love his individuality!