Feet shaping by wearing pointed toe boots for short periods

HighBoots

I'd like opinions and medical advice about this. Is it possible to slighly modify the shape of your feet without harming them by wearing tight pointed toe boots for short periods of time. Wearing never exceeds 30 minutes at once, or even less if it becomes inconfortable. I do this since two months now, 30 mins morning, 30 mins midday and 30 mins in the evening without any discomfort, my feet are slowly taking a nicely "arrow" shape, but I'd like to know if its dangerous to continue ...

I wouldn't if I were you.

Changing the shape of your foot is always harmful and will almost certainly lead to inflamed bunions (I'm a sufferer), hammer toes and ingrowing toenails (I suffer from these too).

If they are a proper fit you can wear pointy toe boots without having to resort to extreme methods like yours.

However, If you want your feet to go into that shape then that's another matter. :D

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Highboots I once saw some photos of a woman who wore extremly tight shoes (at the toe) and eventually had to have at least the second and fourth toes amputated because of the compression. The compression had forced toes one, three and five to touch each other causing two and four over the top. Can't find the site anymore..but be aware of the ultimate possibility Big D

I don't know about the medical implications, but can't imagine they'll be good. That aside, it certainly isn't attractive. I saw a woman once whose feet had been compressed by ill-fitting pointy shoes wearing sandals, and her feet looked awful. Chris

I've noticed that the pointed effect is caused by wearing lycra (spandex) containing pantyhose (sheer energy, light support, etc.) over the entire day, at least as much as tight pointed shoes. The nylon-lycra stockings have this effect without regard to the type of shoes being worn, or for that matter, with no shoes at all (if you don't believe this try wearing a pair all night long while sleeping, then see how your toes FEEL (and look) in the morning!).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I'd like opinions and medical advice about this.

Is it possible to slighly modify the shape of your feet without harming them by wearing tight pointed toe boots for short periods of time. Wearing never exceeds 30 minutes at once, or even less if it becomes inconfortable.

I do this since two months now, 30 mins morning, 30 mins midday and 30 mins in the evening without any discomfort, my feet are slowly taking a nicely "arrow" shape, but I'd like to know if its dangerous to continue ...

We all start off wearing high heel shoes with pointed toes for short periods of time, but after 25 years or so it turns into a long time and you end up with feet like Dr Shoe and myself.

I have worn 4" stilettos for the last 25 years, at the time that was all I could get in women's shoes in my size. My toes have now compacted into the toe shape of a pointed toe stiletto shoe and the 4" heels have given me muscular calves and shortened the tendons in my legs.

Unlike Dr Shoe my compacted toes don't cause me any problems, but I would hate a Chiropodist to see them.

My shortened tendons on the other hand can be a problem, they feel tight and painful if I walk for long distances in flat shoes and on several occasions I have pulled the Achilles tendons in my legs by running or jumping. This is extremely painful and lasts for a week or so.

The bottom line is, if you wear women's shoes for long enough you will eventually end up with women's leg and feet problems.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Azraelle: I've never experienced any kind of toe squishing from wearing nylons, even when I used to sleep in stockings and suspenders. My M&S tights have a high Lycra content and they don't squish my toes either. Are you buying the right size? Chris