Newly joined

I just joined this forum. At first I just looked around. I noticed some interesting posts by new members with a very colourful story about how they first got their crush on highheels. My story is somewhat less colourful: I like many others in the HH-community, got a crush on highheels at a very young age. The very first time I got thrilled at the sight of highheels, as far back as I can still remember, was when I was 4 or 5 years old. My kindergardenteacher always wore very feminine shoes with a heel never lower than 4inches. But I didn't like my teacher very much, just the heels were part of my, still childish, infatuation. I didn't think much of it for years. But as I got older I got, like everybody else, confronted with morals and standards. That did not take away the fun I had. At the age of 8 I started wearing my mothers shoes. What was disappointing was the fact that she had only three pairs of highheels, remnants of a disco-past during the seventies. I had to content myself with a pair of 4inch navy-blue leather sandals, a pair of brown-tan leather slingbacks with open toes and 3inch heels and with a pair of 4inch cork sandals with a miniplatform. I had fun with those shoes till I reached the age of 11. Then I made a fatale mistake. (I only wore those heels when my parents were out) My parents, one fine day, got home early and I had left the shoeboxes of two pairs of shoes open under the staircase in the hallway. My father never noticed it but my mother did. She didn't get furious nor raving mad, she didn't even say anything nor called me downstairs to put it away again. A little later when my parents were watching TV, I put the shoes back into their boxes and in the shoe closet. The next sunday she took all her shoes that had a heel higher than 2inches out of the closet and took them to my aunt who sold them on a second-hand market. I nearly cried my eyeballs out that day :o:D . I thought It was unfair and unusually cruel of her, I'm still very pissed about it. :D:(:( , more than you can imagine. So that was that, nope! The last thing I did was a do it yourself project. But I never got anywhere. My mother soon understood what the raw materials were for and immediately got rid of it. I gave up after that! She's one of those "see's-it-all, hear's-it-all and finds-it-all people", my luck! pffff So know i'm just a passively passionated about highheels. Maybe someday, when I'm out of the house I'll buy me that which I've had to miss for so long. It's sad I know! When you read this, remember how lucky you are or were! What a luxury you have!

I already am of legal age. In Belgium that's 18, I'am already 21 years old. I still live with my parents. I don't want to upset my parents. To me it's clear that highheels are not accepted. So I still live with my parents, and who knows, someday I'll leave home to get a place of my own. My mother once made it very clear to me what she though of it, she said: "As long as you live under our roof you will obide a minimum of rules, once you've left the house to live in a place of your own you can do whatever you like!" So I wait and try to complete my studies, get a job, join the working crowd and get a place of my own. :D I'd still like it to be a secret, for me only and my future partner but that's it! I don't want to this to break the good relation I have with my parents and family.

Hi cjveritas, I think you are wise not to upset your parents, especially if you have such a good relation with them. Sooner or later you will have a place of your own and you'll enjoy wearing your highheels even more as if you always have to watch out that nobody comes home too early. It's a thing worth waiting for, believe me! I was in a similar situation at that age. I had two pairs of 4" sandals at the time and I always worried that my mother would find them one day. The little time I could wear them wasn't worth the stress all year round. Although it nearly broke my heart, I got rid of them and waited till I moved to my own place to build up my collection of high heels. But, once the time has come and you bring your first pairs of heels back to your own home, please do not hide them as a secret. DO wear them out in public with self-confidence, that's much more fun than only wearing them at home; concerning the "street-style"-pairs of course. Have a lot of fun in your high-heeled future!

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

It seems like you are very close to going out on your own soon. I'd wait patiently since you really don't want to hurt the great relationship you have with your parents. I did have a funny idea come through my mind. You might want to dress up like a punk rocker, with leather studded outfits, colored spike hair, and piercings all over your body. Then make an appearance in front of your mother. Tell her that it was either this or the high heels. :rofl:

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

"cjveritas", Is that a wordplay ? Did you study Latin in school ? I remember that is still custom in Belgium. Good luck with your parents. Maybe you can buy something really conservative from the women's side ? It may not please you, but it may show that you can wear women's shoes in style and without people staring at you. I know Belgium a little bit as I have friends there and visit a lot. Compared to the US (where I live now) people in Belgium still care a lot about what "the neighbors" think. That can be annoying, but there are some advantages to that more close nit society. Your time for wearing HH will come. I admit, I also don't do it among my friends in Belgium when I visit them. Good luck

cjveritas:-) Stilettofan, PJ, genebujold, and loveheel have all imparted some excellent time-honored advise to you on your high heel problem and how to not alienate your parents in this situation, and I for one would like to strongly re-enforce what advise they have put forth. It appears that you may be on your own sooner than you might expect. Possibly you can find some women's footwear with a higher heel that can satisfy your immediate needs by street-heeling under long jeans or pants very much like a lot of us have been doing over various periods of time. Welcome to our little corner of cyber-space and keep posting to let us know how you are getting along and progressing with your high heeling. Remember one thing here---you are not alone because you will quickly find that you have friends all around the world. Cheers--- :D Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi cjveritas,

I think you are wise not to upset your parents, especially if you have such a good relation with them.

Sooner or later you will have a place of your own and you'll enjoy wearing your highheels even more as if you always have to watch out that nobody comes home too early. It's a thing worth waiting for, believe me! I was in a similar situation at that age. I had two pairs of 4" sandals at the time and I always worried that my mother would find them one day. The little time I could wear them wasn't worth the stress all year round. Although it nearly broke my heart, I got rid of them and waited till I moved to my own place to build up my collection of high heels.

But, once the time has come and you bring your first pairs of heels back to your own home, please do not hide them as a secret. DO wear them out in public with self-confidence, that's much more fun than only wearing them at home; concerning the "street-style"-pairs of course.

Have a lot of fun in your high-heeled future!

That's indeed the way I look at the situation. With my do-it-yourself projects I was always very stressed. 'Will she find my stuff or not?' In the end she did find it and the results of that were hardhitting. I really mean hard! I love my mother, don't want to hurt her feelings. She didn't get angry with me nor shouted, she nearly cried. Quite a clear signal!

So I did what the Beatles have always said: "Let I be!". Only my version is: "Let it be, for now!!"

Thanks for your time!

It seems like you are very close to going out on your own soon. I'd wait patiently since you really don't want to hurt the great relationship you have with your parents.

I did have a funny idea come through my mind. You might want to dress up like a punk rocker, with leather studded outfits, colored spike hair, and piercings all over your body. Then make an appearance in front of your mother. Tell her that it was either this or the high heels. :rofl:

Quite right!

Very funny suggestion but I'm afraid I'm not that type of person. My mother wouldn't buy that. Patience will be my virtue!

"cjveritas", Is that a wordplay ? Did you study Latin in school ? I remember that is still custom in Belgium.

Good luck with your parents. Maybe you can buy something really

conservative from the women's side ? It may not please you, but it may show that you can wear women's shoes in style and without people

staring at you.

I know Belgium a little bit as I have friends there and visit a lot. Compared to the US (where I live now) people in Belgium still care a lot about what "the neighbors" think. That can be annoying, but there are

some advantages to that more close nit society.

Your time for wearing HH will come. I admit, I also don't do it among

my friends in Belgium when I visit them.

Good luck

Indeed I did study Latin for two years. Quite a difficult language.

'cj' stands for my two firstnames, 'veritas' functions as a sort of suffix (aft-addition). In short it means: "my truth, my words!" A message supporting the opinion that one person, individual can make a difference.

Latin is still custom for higher education, (european heritage!pffff), but fortunately no longer mandatory!

As for the HH-part: it's true that Belgium is a little more conservative than the US, but still quite progressive for such a small country! Belgium also has a dense population. Anyway, my time will come, I hope!

cjveritas:-)

Stilettofan, PJ, genebujold, and loveheel have all imparted some excellent time-honored advise to you on your high heel problem and how to not alienate your parents in this situation, and I for one would like to strongly re-enforce what advise they have put forth. It appears that you may be on your own sooner than you might expect. Possibly you can find some women's footwear with a higher heel that can satisfy your immediate needs by street-heeling under long jeans or pants very much like a lot of us have been doing over various periods of time.

Welcome to our little corner of cyber-space and keep posting to let us know how you are getting along and progressing with your high heeling. Remember one thing here---you are not alone because you will quickly find that you have friends all around the world.

Cheers--- :D

Dawn HH

Thanks for the support and understanding.

Leaving home for a place of my own may still take a while. Housing is quite expensive in Belgium.

The longer I stay with my parents, the more chances I have of putting some money aside for future housing, my audio-hobby and of course my future highheel-collection. I'm still studying for at least another two years, probably another three years. And then it's off finding a job and saving some money. All and all, about five/six years till I get going on my own.

By the way: I'm still single so I'll have to do something about that too.

A lifetime of joy, hopefully!

cjveritas:-) It's nice to be organized with a schedule for when you might be leaving home, but the events in our lives are controlled by a higher power who follows a different drummer on a different schedule and things and events work in mysterious ways. You will know when the time will tell you to stay or leave home. Your education is of the ut-most importance right now to firm-up the foundation of your future. Patience my young man, and remember that your parents love you to no end and want only the best for you no matter what you do in life as you will always be their son. As for being single and wanting to do something about that---enjoy your youth and you will know at a later time where and who your sole-mate will be. I'll get down off of my soap box now---Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi CJ I grew up in Belgium so I've been there and done that. My parents didn't even let me wear cowboy boots. Yes, Belgium is rather conservative in the countryside, but the cities worth the name provide relief. In Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Liege ... you won't have any trouble as a guy in heels. Also I wouldn't even consider showing up in heels in front of my family, and I moved a few 1000km to the north to find some more open minded people (not heel related), but it doesn't make much of a difference. So, you could have some moderate heels which you keep from your mother's eyes and lug around in a backpack, graduate, get a job and enjoy the freedom that a democracy gives you. Since you are 21 it can't take much longer than a few years any more before that moment arrives. Remember that some confrontations are part of parenthood, so if she eventually would discover YOUR heels and freaks out about it, tell her that this is something of a private nature that she has no business interfering with. You may be living under her roof, but as long as you don't force her to look at it she has no leg to stand on. A 21 year old person is an adult with a right to an own opinion. I realise that is all easy to say, but when I was 21 things might have sounded a bit less straightforward. Nevertheless, that is the right thing to do. Where in Belgium are you? You can PM me if you want.

What's all the fuss about?

• 3 years later...

Revenge is mine! Yesterday I received my online purchased high heels, 3 pairs! I know am part of the HH-community again after 13 years!!! Can you imagine the patience I've had?!! I now have 1 pair of 4 inch white platform wedge sandals, 1 pair of 5 inch black mini-platform sandals and 1 pair of 6 inch black platform sandals. I'm back, and how!!!! No more fantasy, reality!!! Thx

• 1 month later...

Welcome and enjoy your new heels! Would be fun if you could join us all at the Annual World Heel Meet and connect? It is Feb 16, 2008 in London. See the discussion topic "real life meetings" and the threads on the meet. david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Revenge is mine!

Yesterday I received my online purchased high heels, 3 pairs!

I know am part of the HH-community again after 13 years!!! Can you imagine the patience I've had?!!

I now have 1 pair of 4 inch white platform wedge sandals, 1 pair of 5 inch black mini-platform sandals and 1 pair of 6 inch black platform sandals.

I'm back, and how!!!!

No more fantasy, reality!!!

Thx

Hi there,

First of all I am also from Belgium but live since 10 years in UK. I to had some problems in the past with wearing HH's, but now Ilive on my own..... I have a whole stack of them and they keep comming. I really love it and enjoy being on this side and read about other people who have the same passion, male and female.

Good luck

FL

FoxyLady

Hallo,

Ben pas lid geworden van deze site. Ben op zoek naar mensen uit Belgie.

Groetjes,

Michel

Hello mick610518,

I want to welcome you to this new site, but you are better of writting your messages in English, because people may feel scared away because they can not read Dutch.

Anyway I am from Belgium butlive since a few years in the K and enjoy it.

8)

FL

FoxyLady