New, And Old, Member Obsevation

I just happened to look through the member list. I was surprised as to the number of newer members with zero posts. Apparently we have a large number of lurkers. Too bad they will not join in. It seems the bulk of the posts are by a very few members. I wonder what this place would be like if only 10% on the members participated on a daily, or even every other day basis!

pumped,

I remember reading a thread about this same thing a couple of years ago. Actually, I think your 10% figure for daily or even every other day is too high. I'm sure Shafted or other site moderators could tell you it's probably more like 1-2% of the members posting daily or every other day. Take me for example, I rank decently high with over 1150 posts and that is over the almost 6 years I have belonged here. I have posted here and there, but not EVERY day or every other day and always strived to be caring and thoughful. But the site is accomplishing what I thought it might for me. I once wore nothing more wild than the Cosmic wedges from Payless that AZheels who now lives in Sacramento has in his avatar. I wore them so much I wore them out. Those shoes are tame compared to what I wear now and the novelty of wearing heels out and about has worn off largely due to reading the shared experiences of the members. It's not that I have outgrown the site rather that I am evolving as we all are.

Most of the world are spectators and followers content to watch the world go by without ever initiating anything. It doesn't make them bad people it's just the nature of the world I see. For every 100 men who visit this site I'll bet the majority have looked at heels in stores or simply looked at women wearing them and have yet to purchase any. If most of them only knew the nonsensical demons they have placed into their own heads.

What has happened over the years is I have actually met some hhplace members and that simply would not have happened had I not joined. Human interaction. We're all wired for it. It's like the missing ingredient to help us all grow and evolve.  HappyinHeels

I would love to post more however I rarely have the time to post.  At most I have a minute or two here or there to catch up on what is going on.  A couple times a month I have enough time to actually write a post.  When you have young kids you just don't have time for much more than the essentials.

These are the shoes that HappyInHeels mentioned above.  They are my super basic, super easy to wear shoes.

post-482-0-59091800-1429425921_thumb.jpg

Here is a pair of my favorite shoes that I have a ton of "miles" in.  They are not quote so "stealthy"  I have probably worn them more that  the wedges and I most frequently receive the comment, "I can't walk in heels like that," when wearing them.

post-482-0-84631300-1429426038_thumb.jpg

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I think you'll find that that sort of posting record applies to virtually all online forums, regardless of subject. There will be a few who post heavily, a larger number who post occasionally and a long tail of those who don't post or hardly post at all. Some forum admins cull accounts that haven't been used for a period of time.

Here at HHP I'm in the category of those who look regularly and post from time to time. But I've been a member for quite a few years and so have racked up a fair total.

I just happened to look through the member list. I was surprised as to the number of newer members with zero posts. Apparently we have a large number of lurkers. Too bad they will not join in. It seems the bulk of the posts are by a very few members. I wonder what this place would be like if only 10% on the members participated on a daily, or even every other day basis!

Some people only post when they have something interesting to say.

Lurkers are often some of the most interesting members in my experience.

Shyheels for example rarely posts anywhere other than the word game. he could be considered a lurker.

I didn't know Mersault wore heels.... :-)

I like to add my little bit, when I can add something worthwhile. I do look at this site most days and take in the information.

life is not a rehearsal

Exactly the qualities that make a good goalkeeper. You know your Camus, Amanda, and your football.  Maybe you're the next Brian Clough.

Megan you are strangely troublesome.

I have to back up data every day so that is when I get on here. Still putting stuff on CDs these days.

It's hard to come up with new conversations.

Amanda came up with the legs competition probably because of me. That's been about the best new thing posted lately.

• 11 months later...

As I was reading through the Introductions area I noticed that there was a large disparity between posters. A very large percentage of the introductions were from folks with fewer than 20 posts. A very large percentage were over 100 posts and a significant percentage was over 1000 posts. There was a virtual dead zone between 20 and 100, very few were in that range.

Well. I can tell by experience, as I am member of a big forum where we discuss everything about a specific brand. There's about 10.000 members but just a 0.5% is typing something at all. Many of the rest 99.5% hasn't even logged in since registration.

15 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Well. I can tell by experience, as I am member of a big forum where we discuss everything about a specific brand. There's about 10.000 members but just a 0.5% is typing something at all. Many of the rest 99.5% hasn't even logged in since registration.

Often true - I once had to create a login at a BMW specific web site so I could further read about a problem I had with a car - - - car is gone, but I still get an occasional email from this site. I don't even recall my login, and will most likely never go back to this site.

5 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

members was so bitchy, self righteous and aggressive

Never happen here...:penitent:

Actually our moderators go a pretty good job of keeping things in line (thanks).  We can help too by using the report post link at the top of each post if you encounter something really offensive.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.