Had A Nice Outing Today

AZShoeNut

Howdy,

I had a real nice outing today.

I decided that it was time to do some of my errands in heels.  I have located a decent neighborhood in Orangeville which is about half an hour from where I live.  In agreement with my wife I make my outings in heels a fair bit outside of our neighborhood to help minimize the chances that I may run into folks we know.  Frankly I care less and less about running into people that we know as time goes on but it is still a sizable concern to her so I oblige.

I was wearing my regular, straight leg jeans, a dark blue tee-shirt, black socks, and my 5-inch black suede Lunar wedges by Brash from Payless.  Though the jeans were a little hot for our 75 degree 24% humidity day I opted for them as I don’t shave my legs.  I opted for the socks because they blend perfectly with the black wedges.  That combined with the low sound “footprint” (pun intended) of the shoes I figured that folks would have to just outright stare at my shoes to know exactly what I was wearing.  Since I am kind of getting back into the swing of things reducing my presence seemed important to me.

Since I had a pretty good grocery list built up and I wanted to go to Winco Foods, a discount food store similar to Walmart but one that only sells food and has a huge selection with low prices.  At 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon the place was packed.

I got right out of my Xterra and walked in.  In the entrance there was an 80 year old lady who was having trouble with her cart.  I helped her get a cart and chatted briefly about the ankle surgery that she needed.  Pretty sure that she didn’t notice my heels even when I passed her a moment later in the store.  She was quite pleasant and then we went our separate ways.

I made my way through the entire store grabbing the items that I needed.  I had to backtrack several times as I do not yet know the layout of the store well yet.  There was a fantastic amount of walking to do and I loved every minute of it.  I ran into a number of people a couple of times and not once did I receive any kind of overt indication that my shoes had been noticed.  I did at one point have to excuse myself as I tried to fit through a narrow gap.  The gal to whom I excused myself, who I had passed several times already, seemed to have trouble looking at me and responding but was not unpleasant.  She just had a blank stare and kind of nodded.  Other than that I really had zero indication that anybody noticed my heels at all.  That was pretty cool.

Well as my list got checked off I went to the checkout, paid, and bagged my groceries.  Walking out to my SUV I noticed that I was really thirsty so on my way back home I stopped at at Starbucks for a Passion Tea Lemonade. I skipped the drive thru.  Inside, the workers were completely friendly and not one customer batted an eyebrow.  I would have sat and enjoyed my drink but there perishable groceries out in the parking lot so I walked back out and headed home.

It was a great trip and with the exception of initial butterflies I felt completely relaxed.  Not sure when my next trip out will be but I do look forward to it.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Perishable groceries do have a way of shortening an outing.  Well done. 

Thin leggings may be an option since they are a little cooler than jeans but still cover your legs.

Thanks for posting.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Larry….  Nice story, glad to hear that you had a nice (and successful) time out.  I spent a while out y/d in my Marmi sandals too.  Had fun….  Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I find that if my shoes are a bit more covered up I am able to just enjoy going about my life and do what I normally Do.

I have also found that when I go someplace there is no contemplating on getting out of the car or going in or checking to see if anyone is looking. I have just made myself do it and don't think about it.

I was in five guys yesterday and there is a guy I always talk to. He noticed my shoes. Said man you have small feet. (Most of my foot is up a 4 inch heel). I started to just show him but changed the subject to welding.

Heel noise is a big thing with me. I fill the heels of my boots with silicon and put on rubber heel soles. The boots I have on today went from a bright click to nothing.

Keep it up.......shave the legs

Thanks guys!

HEELS2U, I hear you about the sound.  When I was going out a couple times a week the sound didn't bother me but right now I think I like the quite thing. At least until I get back into more frequent outings.

I also hear you about getting out of the car.  Don't pause man.  That can kill a great outing before it starts.

I gotta say, however, I am not interested in shaving my legs.  If the weather is 40 degrees or warmer in the morning then I wear shorts and I rather appreciate my hairy, manly legs.  As I mentioned in another thread, it looks like some of my coworkers do to.  :-)

Best,

Larry

Heel noise is a big thing for me also, really don't like calling attention to myself with loud heel/sole noise.  I am so thrilled with the 3" Frye booties I got from ebay a few weeks back, they are so quiet and comfortable.  I have worn these boots just about everywhere, and usually almost forget I'm wearing them.  I guess not dwelling on wearing the boots is key to having a great outing.  Yesterday, I wore them with levis that were a little short, so the heels were visible at all times.  Stopped at several thrift shops with no success, went into several other stores as well.  I didn't see anyone give me a second look, so that was great.  I have always loved frye women's boots, but they are so tough to find with tall heels in my size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281589209682?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Funny how the men's harness boots I just got from ebay are much louder than these frye boots with three inch heels!

• 2 months later...

AZShoeNut,

Nice story about your outings. I think the reactions were muted to nonexistent because of your black wedges paired with black socks. You will inevitably get some glances if your are wearing a different color of shoe or if the shoe has an open toe and you keep your toenails painted as many here do or if the shoe has a stiletto heel. Notwithstanding any of that any comments directly to you will be positive. It is an exceedingly occurrence for someone to actually walk up to you and say something stupid and negative. What we have heard about bad experiences revolved around people in passing vehicles laughing or saying things, in other words, the quintessential cowards who can quickly escape. Member by member here discovers that the world is a pretty busy and ambivalent place. If you show confidence wearing what you will the world very likely will meet you on those positive terms. Confidence inspires good vibes in most others that see it.

I am curious to know what observations you have made between your heeling venues in Phoenix and Sacramento. Phoenix is certainly bigger but Sacramento is in more liberal California. Now, if you really want to enjoy some serious heeling then head to San Francisco! I find wedges work great there and any great skyhigh heel is fine for nightlife. SF is a place to be savored just like life itself. Somethingt to think about.  HappyinHeels

Howdy HappyinHeels,

I would say that I was pretty confident during this adventure and I am pretty sure that that along with the less obvious shoe-sock combination led to the ease of the outing and the lack of negative experience.  Mostly the confidence, however.

So far I have spent far to little time out in my heels here in the Sacramento area.  My experience at the Arden Fair mall was kind of crappy compared to my outings in AZ.  But my experience going shopping in Orangevale was at least as good as if not possibly better than my outings in AZ.

I would love to get some time in San Francisco however if I am headed that way then I am likely to be headed that way with my wife and son which typically means no outings in heels.  That being said where would one go and what would one do in SF for the evening?  I could see, when funds permit, getting a weekend pass for heeling from the Mrs to go and do it.  Or perhaps we stay the night over there and she and my son could go their way and I could go mine for the evening.  Would you see staying a night at a hotel downtown?  What would be a good location in the city for such activity?  Its a big place and I have not been the most extroverted fellow.

Best,

Larry

Wow love ur stories

Thank you.

Best,

Larry

Larry,

My wife and I were in San Francisco with another couple, friends of ours from Scotland, in 2011. The husband is into heels and hose, like me, but not in public. He took the photos of my high heel Aerosoles "Platonic" sandals (3.5" tapered heels) which are in my avatar. I wore them all over the city - on the tour buses, in the shops and malls, around Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower - everywhere. I wore them with black opaque tights, so it wasn't super obvious, but I didn't hide them either. My wife reported that I got no looks at all, which amazed me. But on thinking about it, I guess most people are too engrossed in sightseeing to be grossed out by a guy in high heels. So wear your heels everywhere you want. You'll have a blast!

Steve

post-4071-0-17786600-1434737241_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-55026100-1434737298_thumb.jp